Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

17 years of Champions League on our own coin. Let's see the Russian or the Arab do that on the same budget.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How many times you got to the final stages.

Most successful EPL club in the CL over the last 10 years, Chelsea.

That is very likely to continue.

smile.png

Its quite hilarious that Chelski with all the money spent and depth of players have to resort to these tactics....personally I disagree with Santi....to win the league you should go out and attack and beat the opposition...more than simply parking the bus and hoping to snatch a goal.

Maybe that explains why you haven't won it since 1961 then, doesn't it?

Nah, it's just cos you're crap.

biggrin.png

Might change though if they listen to paul titsdale at exeter.

Think Big I always say.

My point was, not aimed particularly at Chelsea, more a footballing point, that time wasting has now escalated from a fringe thing into a recognized factor in teams game plan.

yeah all those fringe things that are really dificult and almost impossble for a ref to account for , not just the extra ??? secs on free kics, corners, but as you say ball boys taking their time blah blah blah, all can ultimately add up to a significant % of a game but really its the fans that are paying, Football is constantly selling itself as an entertainment and, losing maybe ten to fifteen % of footie time is sort of annoying but ultimately a <deleted> rip off, especially at today's live prices

• Like 1

"Let the power of the enemy destroy itself.'

Especially if they are ignorant.

Kill Bill.

"I'll send you a love letter straight from my heart, <deleted>. Do you know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a <deleted> gun, <deleted>. If you receive a love letter from me, you are <deleted> forever. Do you understand, <deleted>? I'll send ya straight to Hell, <deleted>!"

Frank Booth

w00t.gif

Edited by BangrakBob

Gerrard made an error on the half way line. He slipped. Anybody can. Players do it all the time.

BUT he had NO defenders behind him to correct the mistake or prevent the consequences.

Accident waiting to happen.

Could have been Gerrard, could have been someone else, but the chances were something like that was going to happen.

If not a slip, then a through ball for a Chelsea player to run on to.

Rodgers was brave in his approach but ultimately reckless.

Mourinho punished him.

• Like 2

There is a good article about time wasting by Carragher on Skysports. He said Liverpool have been doing it for years and it's nothing new. Rafa used to instruct him to do it.

Quite funny that both Chelsea goals came in added on time.

with liverpool goas way back to when pass backs to the keeper were allowed hanson and co used it some ridi'culos amount of times more than the mearest other team used them, and that aint a dig, just thought it was interesting

yeah all those fringe things that are really dificult and almost impossble for a ref to account for , not just the extra ??? secs on free kics, corners, but as you say ball boys taking their time blah blah blah, all can ultimately add up to a significant % of a game but really its the fans that are paying, Football is constantly selling itself as an entertainment and, losing maybe ten to fifteen % of footie time is sort of annoying but ultimately a <deleted> rip off, especially at today's live prices

I stop my watch for what I think is time wasting plus of course the usual things, injuries etc.

I always have more time to add than the fourth official and the ref.

Gerrard made an error on the half way line. He slipped. Anybody can. Players do it all the time.

BUT he had NO defenders behind him to correct the mistake or prevent the consequences.

Accident waiting to happen.

Could have been Gerrard, could have been someone else, but the chances were something like that was going to happen.

If not a slip, then a through ball for a Chelsea player to run on to.

Rodgers was brave in his approach but ultimately reckless.

Mourinho punished him.

+1.

Mourinho planted the idea that Chelsea were there to park the bus with a weakened team, whereas he was there to implement a strong well-marshalled defence + swift counter-attack strategy. There's a world of difference and the young brilliant but less experienced manager was completely outpsyched. Coaches will be using this match as study material for years to come.

Time wasting right from the kick off was a masterful stroke to convince Liverpool players that the game was all about Liverppol attack v Chelsea defence.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

I stop my watch for what I think is time wasting plus of course the usual things, injuries etc.

I always have more time to add than the fourth official and the ref.

Quite. Looking on the bright side though, these interruptions do allow time to get a beer out of the fridge.

smile.png

• Like 1

There is going to be drama tonight.

We will need to score at least 2.

And there could lie your prob , athletico are bang on the money tactically

Yes. This is true rijit.

They will score I feel.

Control the Space.

We're probably a shade of odds on to go through,due to our outstanding home record (a good job that Sunderland aren't in the Champions League). All indications are, this is going to be a cagey affair with a penalty shoot out looming on the horizon. Mourinho will be drumming into the players,the danger of the counter attack which,as you say rijit, Athletico are very good at.

• Like 1

"Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun"

Little by little the night turns around thumbsup.gif

Counting the leaves which tremble at dawn

Lotuses lean on each other in yearning

Under the eaves the swallow is resting

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.

Witness the man who raves at the wall w00t.gif

Making the shape of his questions to Heaven

Whether the sun will fall in the evening

Will he remember the lesson of giving?

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.

Let's hope it's a great game and we make it to sunny Lisbon.

wink.png

L

Yes. This is true rijit.

They will score I feel.

Control the Space.

We're probably a shade of odds on to go through,due to our outstanding home record (a good job that Sunderland aren't in the Champions League). All indications are, this is going to be a cagey affair with a penalty shoot out looming on the horizon. Mourinho will be drumming into the players,the danger of the counter attack which,as you say rijit, Athletico are very good at.

I bet you didn't have to look to deep in to those old crystal balls for that prediction OG wink.png

Yes. This is true rijit.

They will score I feel.

Control the Space.

Yeah i don't see AM making it quite as straight forward 4 your gaffer as Rodgers 'lack of options' did.

• Like 1

Chelsea v Atletico Madrid (Agg: 0-0) 19:45 BST

Posted at

18:59

Chelsea: Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Luiz, Willian, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Torres. Subs: Hilario, Oscar, Schurrle, van Ginkel, Ba, Eto'o, Kalas.

Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe Luis, Koke, Tiago, Mario Suarez, Turan, Diego Costa, Adrian. Subs: Aranzubia, Raul Garcia, Villa, Rodriguez, Alderweireld, Sosa, Diego.

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli (Italy)

Posted at

Chelsea: Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Luiz, Willian, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Torres. Subs: Hilario, Oscar, Schurrle, van Ginkel, Ba, Eto'o, Kalas.

Atletico Madrid: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe Luis, Koke, Tiago, Mario Suarez, Turan, Diego Costa, Adrian. Subs: Aranzubia, Raul Garcia, Villa, Rodriguez, Alderweireld, Sosa, Diego.

I can imagine Simeone looking at that team and thinking.&lt;deleted&gt; is Jose up too..and like so many other managers then getting lost on there own plans and spending to much time thinking about what Jose is doing.

Mind games Tactics..........you leave the door open and he will find a way in.

Get it done in 90 minutes boyswai.gif

• Like 1

Posted at

I can imagine Simeone looking at that team and thinking.<deleted> is Jose up too..and like so many other managers then getting lost on there own plans and spending to much time thinking about what Jose is doing.

Mind games Tactics..........you leave the door open and he will find a way in.

Get it done in 90 minutes boyswai.gif

+1

thumbsup.gif