Leicester City arrive in Bangkok to heroes' welcome

webfact

Does anybody know where they are playing football in Thailand, I heard they are touring but I do not know where

They are not playing here, just a tour. Not seen any details, but I imagine it will start at Nana, onto Cowboy, ending up at Patpong ! :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust someone has taught the team the correct protocols to be followed regarding the usage of Thai hookers this time round, and not to film or take photos of the proceeedings as it will end up in the British tabloid press

They will probably have been told to use the same protocols as they do when using the services British prostitutes at home.

And let us not forget the ladyboys....? Edited by chicowoodduck

5,000 -- 1 if ever you needed a time machine & a hotline to the nearest Bookie.........................has there ever been a sport where they offered higher odds than that....??

where is the Garston rec?

It's a public park near where I used to live in Liverpool.

Scouse Twoccer is from the same city.

It is called 'Scouse humour'.

Oh dear, didn't think k u had a sense of humour in Liverpool. ???

where is the Garston rec?

It's a public park near where I used to live in Liverpool.

Scouse Twoccer is from the same city.

It is called 'Scouse humour'.

Oh dear, didn't think k u had a sense of humour in Liverpool. ???

Capital of humour :)

Let's hope the lads don't film all of their local activities, or slag off the local working gals, again.

... but you know, in Thailand you can ***k up one day (no pun intended), the next it's all forgotten.

All jokes aside, they'll be treated like kings whilst here this time (the owners will make sure of it)

thai3 wrote

"Not Leicester then, Cossington st rec might have been better, i'll be going to look at the parade tomorrow, won't happen again!​"

Cossington Street Rec! That is where I learned to play football as a kid and also where I lost my virginity Are the swimming baths still there? Very fond memories.

Let's hope the lads don't film all of their local activities, or slag off the local working gals, again.

... but you know, in Thailand you can ***k up one day (no pun intended), the next it's all forgotten.

All jokes aside, they'll be treated like kings whilst here this time (the owners will make sure of it)

As they should be.

Incredible achievement.

Sure they have been warned that anyone who embarrasses the owner will be sold, immediately, or will never play again.

But these are young lads, in Bangkok, what can we expect, waiing at the camera while wearing that costume, visiting temples etc, but I'm sure one or two will have already worked out how to sneak out when the manager is asleep!

Increased prices for Duty Free on the way wink.png

King Power has indeed the most expensive duty free compared to actual prices anywhere. Fragrances have the same prices as in shopping malls. Checked it on Saturday while flying out. Wanted to buy a bottle of aftershave last week in Robinsons but the missus said wait until we fly on Saturday. I didn't invest any cash in Leicester City, 555

Does anybody know where they are playing football in Thailand, I heard they are touring but I do not know where

They are not playing here, just a tour. Not seen any details, but I imagine it will start at Nana, onto Cowboy, ending up at Patpong ! smile.png

Seriously? You really think that the winners of the PL will be touring the riff raff bars and gogo's? LOL. There are so many top class places in BKK with gorgeous women who are real women and who have style. Who with a bit of money would even go near those places? I definitely wouldn't

Edited by DaveinAsia

They are not playing here, just a tour. Not seen any details, but I imagine it will start at Nana, onto Cowboy, ending up at Patpong ! smile.png

Seriously? You really think that the winners of the PL will be touring the riff raff bars and gogo's? LOL. There are so many top class places in BKK with gorgeous women who are real women and who have style. Who with a bit of money would even go near those places? I definitely wouldn't

Seriously ?

Did you think I was being serious ?

Seriously ?

Did you think I was being serious ?

Nah, just a wind up over a wind up. Hey, and no cheering for those Leicester City boyo's wink.png

A BILLIONAIRE in Thailand but yet no water for farmers but yet let's party. I'LL stop to much to get sick over.

I don't see the connection.

He is a businessman, not a <deleted> miracle worker.

There is not enough water because the infrastructure is missing, though some individuals have so much money because other elitists/the government gave them concessions/the Power, to extort money out of people to such an extend that they can even buy a foreign 4th league football team. Gyrosman's comment makes perfect sense when you analyse it a bit deeper and I totally agree with him.

Having seen fickle Thai fans over the years the team's popularity will only last as long as long as their success does.

Yes, go on, put a negative spin on this as well, as usual.

You wannabee Thais need to grow some skin.

Having seen fickle Thai fans over the years the team's popularity will only last as long as long as their success does.

I reckon the players in the Premier League are more fickle than Thai fans,changing teams at the thought of an extra 5,000 pounds a week.. And why should Thai fans be loyal to any team in particular unless they lived there or went to university there, and that's just a tiny minority? It's different for us ex- pats, myself to Southampton as my place of birth and Hull as a place I spent my teenage years, personal ties, however bitter sweet they may be.

Leicester's win is an incredible Roy of the Rovers, Boy's Own comic strip fable, a team costing no more that 30 million consistently beat teams worth far more than that. Abramovich and Thaksin,the money men, must be gnashing their teeth .Vichai invested so little yet he got back so much.

I wonder what the odds will be next season on them winning the Premier-'perhaps slashed to 10:1

I reckon the players in the Premier League are more fickle than Thai fans,changing teams at the thought of an extra 5,000 pounds a week.. And why should Thai fans be loyal to any team in particular unless they lived there or went to university there, and that's just a tiny minority? It's different for us ex- pats, myself to Southampton as my place of birth and Hull as a place I spent my teenage years, personal ties, however bitter sweet they may be.

Leicester's win is an incredible Roy of the Rovers, Boy's Own comic strip fable, a team costing no more that 30 million consistently beat teams worth far more than that. Abramovich and Thaksin,the money men, must be gnashing their teeth .Vichai invested so little yet he got back so much.

I wonder what the odds will be next season on them winning the Premier-'perhaps slashed to 10:1

William Hill: Man City 7/4, Arsenal 9/2, Chelsea 9/2, Man Utd 7/1, Spurs 7/1, Liverpool 9/1, Leicester 25/1

Since when has "Jing Jok" meant fox? Do I need a better translation app?

While none of the people on this tour were involved in what happened last year, take it as a warning, behave!

Well done on winning the league, and see if you can do as well as Forest in the next two seasons....

giggle.gif

Since time immemorial-จิ้งจอก jing jork -fox

จิ้งจก jing jok- lizard

A slight variation in pronunciation missed by some applications.- a good reason to learn Thai language!

thai3 wrote

"Not Leicester then, Cossington st rec might have been better, i'll be going to look at the parade tomorrow, won't happen again!​"

Cossington Street Rec! That is where I learned to play football as a kid and also where I lost my virginity Are the swimming baths still there? Very fond memories.

Swimming baths are probably a mosque these days or more likely a hindoo center. lost my virginity in the cathedral grave yard after a night at the il rondo. They used to board the baths over in the winter, (50's) and have dances there

Edited by thai3

Increased prices for Duty Free on the way wink.png

King Power has indeed the most expensive duty free compared to actual prices anywhere. Fragrances have the same prices as in shopping malls. Checked it on Saturday while flying out. Wanted to buy a bottle of aftershave last week in Robinsons but the missus said wait until we fly on Saturday. I didn't invest any cash in Leicester City, 555

Yep the only duty free in the world where you pay the import tax plus full duty. Thieves. Well done Leicester though.

I sorry,

nobody gave me a TIP off before the season, had I only spent 5.000 Baht with the rate of 1:5000 = 25.000.000.- I would be ok, thumbsup.gif

Saw in CNN, BBC, a guy who spent 5 Pounds = now a pay out of 25.000 Pounds, nice, tongue.png

thai3 wrote

Do you remember when they used to have wrestling at those Swimming baths? Billy Two Rivers wrestled there.

Haven't been back for a many years but I think they were doing all that area up.

thai3 wrote

Swimming baths are probably a mosque these days or more likely a hindoo center. lost my virginity in the cathedral grave yard after a night at the il rondo. They used to board the baths over in the winter, (50's) and have dances there

I used to go school next to the Cathedral in the 70's. Lots of us took our gf's to the bike sheds at the top of the playground and backing onto the Guildhall.