Leicester City arrive in Bangkok to heroes' welcome

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And street vendors in Rangnam get told to stay away for 2 days, with no compensation for loss of earnings. What are the chances the owners give a damn? And does the team know of this shameful and unreported abuse of privilege?

That's the risk of being a streetvendor. They can also rent a shop in a mall and be open every day.

This comment speaks volumes about your social awareness.

stuck up swots, we used to thrash you at rugby in the early 60's

Not surprised - I was only 4 years old.....

Today the team arrived at Phuket Airport - I get a chance to meet the team on the 22nd, (some party and they wanted someone from Leicester to make small talk with the players - I'll tell them how much I hate football!).

Edited by simon43

stuff a few tatty stalls blocking up the street, and Thai fans were NOT paid, all they got were T shirts. Some people are real misery guts on here, this was a once in a lifetime celebration.

Your attitude - which I would paraphrase as 'screw the small people' - mirrors Thai social problems to perfection.

stuck up swots, we used to thrash you at rugby in the early 60's

Not surprised - I was only 4 years old.....

Today the team arrived at Phuket Airport - I get a chance to meet the team on the 22nd, (some party and they wanted someone from Leicester to make small talk with the players - I'll tell them how much I hate football!).

Don't forget to mention your hotel too :)

Cry me a river, these people will be back by the weekend and will get more trade from people visiting king power, give the hand wringing a rest

Sorry to have bored you. I'll leave you to carry on with your stream of wonderful contributions (only 15 in this thread). Clearly there is no room for alternative opinions.

off down Soi Cowboy tonight then for 'private time' (don't get caught nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

More like an exclusive club that does not let low lifes in, they are off to Phuket today

Did they bring the cup with them? They could invite the fans to lick it.

The thread is about LCFC, not a crying shop for riff raff vendors.

Riff-raff?

Thankyou for your several contributions, which illuminate my original point about blind indifference rather powerfully. LCFC and King Power should be ashamed, and would be well advised to do some better PR. As for their supporters, I live in hope that some would agree.

A heroes welcome to a team very few Thai's knew existed last season. laugh.png

Yesterday BBC did a report on the team in Bkk and interviewed some ' fans ' almost all of who said they started to support LC when they found out it was Thai owned and the team was playing well !

Yesterday BBC did a report on the team in Bkk and interviewed some ' fans ' almost all of who said they started to support LC when they found out it was Thai owned and the team was playing well !

If the owners sell up and move on or the team's fortunes dip the BBC won't be able to report on LCFC's Thai fans because there won't be any.

Yet they all seemed to get free shirts, I have supported them since 1964 and a bloke from Leics there has since 1969, we and the other few foreign fans there got nothing. He tried but was told they were for media and special groups, ie Thais.!

Rent a mob, 300 baht to show up and get a free t-shirt...This is Thailand, things arnt what they see.

That's not true they were not paid, mostly middle class types not in need of 300 baht, rather aloof I thought.

Edited by thai3

lcfc.jpgMy favorite photo of the win, great achievement

Yes an amazing achievement, a once in a lifetime event, but as the owners are Thai, you get the typical ThaiVisa members mentality, pouring scorn on anything positive that Thai people have an association to, no matter what they do, they're wrong.

Just a sad part of this forum that is actually against the rules, but generates most of the hits, therefore tolerated, Thai Bashing.