UNRESPONSIVE SCRIPT

mercman24

hi, i am getting this all the time now, but only on THAIVISA, my computer freezes, and this message,"unresponsive script," even when i stop or resume nothing happens, then the message," shockwave player may be busy/stopped responding." every other channel i visit i have no problems, any ideas please

Some websites, such as this one, include large numbers of external content, often of dubious quality. It would appear that some external content loaded by the site is, to put it bluntly, crap. This is a site-specific issue which is why you're not seeing it elsewhere. As a non-techie, you're unlikely to be able to identify the root cause of the problem. I just suggest you click "stop" (or whatever the equivalent button is on your browser) to get to see the page and stop worrying - you're not easily going to be able to fix it without using techniques were't not allowed to discuss here.

Switch off flash and for the sites that you know that freez , switch off java in your browser.

Java ≠ Javascript

Unfortunately, if you disable Javascript many websites just won't work.

Switch off flash and for the sites that you know that freez , switch off java in your browser.

Java ≠ Javascript

Unfortunately, if you disable Javascript many websites just won't work.

True , but for some sites these days , it is necessairy to switch java off in the browser. Those nasties makes your CPU peak , and in this hot Thai weather , that makes your computer even hotter.

Usually when a "unresponsive script " appears , Firefox asks to stop it , after a while but I've never had it with the thaivisa site.

Edited by BuaBS

True , but for some sites these days , it is necessairy to switch java off in the browser.

When in a hole it's usually best to stop digging.

Java is used by less than 0.1% of websites. (But on the other hand, Javascript is used by 93%.)

So, what are these sites that are best browsed with Java disabled? Or did you just confuse Java and Javascript?

Source: https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/client_side_language/all

True , but for some sites these days , it is necessairy to switch java off in the browser.

When in a hole it's usually best to stop digging.

Java is used by less than 0.1% of websites. (But on the other hand, Javascript is used by 93%.)

So, what are these sites that are best browsed with Java disabled? Or did you just confuse Java and Javascript?

Source: https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/client_side_language/all

In FF options there is a button to swtich off Javascript. I meant ofcourse this , but just I use the name java because we're talking here of browsers.

I don't even have java installed on my computer. ( the oracle/sun microsystems cr-p)

Sites like KAT , if you open too many taps > CPU goes way up and the used memory , switch off java (or javascript , the correct name...) , no problem.

The nasty image share sites are best with no java(script) , but many won't work.

Even a site like zerohedge these days , better visited with java(script) off.

thanks for the replies, there seems to be problem with firefox on some sites,and flash player even the, adobe help guy recommends to us IE or CHROME ,

You can always go back to an older FF , when you didn't have the script freez problems.

FF lost its way somewhere in the late 20's versions , but to quote Chicog : I wouldn't touch Chrome or IE with a faeces-covered stick....

Adobe is no problem but I only switch it on when needed. These days flashvideo like on youtube is html5 .

• 4 weeks later...