Building in Ban Phe, Rayong

Puffadder

My family have just bought 1 rai in Ban Phe, Rayong and will be building a house.

Any information on the following will be greatly appreciated.

1. Earth fill suppliers and cost

2. House construction contractors in Ban Phe, Rayong area.

3. Estimates of house construction costs for labour. (e,g. block work, tiling, painting, concreting etc.). I intend to buy all materials.

I have just retired and will be present during all stages of construction.

Thank you.

Seems to be a bit of an odd area with some local builders being a tad pricey. We are currently looking at using an engineer from outside to blueprint the plans and organize the labor. It would be no doubt a bit cheaper to overseer yourself, however controlling the changs can be a challenge and endanger a cardiac arrest.

Quality is often an issue, punctuality can evaporate if they get another job on as yours gets put on the back-burner, sometimes they substitute the guy that did the nice work you inspected elsewhere for someone completely unskilled, and often things aren't actually straight. Then there are the local issues, will the drains actually drain, did they glue the joints, will the electrics short as held together with tape, will the roof leak, will the windows fit properly, were the tiles laid straight, the list goes on.

If I come up with a simple solution, before someone more knowledgeable, I'll post.

Seems to be a bit of an odd area with some local builders being a tad pricey. We are currently looking at using an engineer from outside to blueprint the plans and organize the labor. It would be no doubt a bit cheaper to overseer yourself, however controlling the changs can be a challenge and endanger a cardiac arrest.

Quality is often an issue, punctuality can evaporate if they get another job on as yours gets put on the back-burner, sometimes they substitute the guy that did the nice work you inspected elsewhere for someone completely unskilled, and often things aren't actually straight. Then there are the local issues, will the drains actually drain, did they glue the joints, will the electrics short as held together with tape, will the roof leak, will the windows fit properly, were the tiles laid straight, the list goes on.

If I come up with a simple solution, before someone more knowledgeable, I'll post.

Thanks for the advice. Look forward to any info you may have in further posts. I will also post info as I negotiate with the various contractors.

I have some bridges for sale if anyone is interested?wink.png

If you do not have the information as requested please take your responses elsewhere

My apologies, I thought your opening post was a troll. If you're going to be overseeing the build yourself, just aside plenty of time and probably additional 25% of your budget to get things done correctly.

Not sure if you have building skills or knowledge already, but there is a lot of good advice on other parts of the thaivisa forum. Hoping you have PM'd jaapfries above^^ already. Good luck.

I have some bridges for sale if anyone is interested?wink.png

If you do not have the information as requested please take your responses elsewhere

My apologies, I thought your opening post was a troll. If you're going to be overseeing the build yourself, just aside plenty of time and probably additional 25% of your budget to get things done correctly.

Not sure if you have building skills or knowledge already, but there is a lot of good advice on other parts of the thaivisa forum. Hoping you have PM'd jaapfries above^^ already. Good luck.

Apology accepted. I have over 30 years experience in construction management worldwide (13 years in Thailand).

Currently estimating quantities and calculating budget.

Maybe this thread should be moved to DIY forum. I am obtaining a great deal of information from the DIY section.

I have used the Messenger to contact jaapfries (is that PM'd?) but have not received a reply.

Thank you

Edited by Puffadder

I live in Rayong city and just finished a small resort 600 sq meters. Aprox costs were 5 million Baht. (or about 8.3K per sq meter)

Thank you for the approx, costs.

Do you have any contractors that you would recommend?

There is another very good web site related only to building here in Thailand. I posted on it a few years ago when I was building. I am not sure if it's proper to post/promote the site here on TV so PM me if you don't know the Cool Thai House stuff and I can give you a link.

There is another very good web site related only to building here in Thailand. I posted on it a few years ago when I was building. I am not sure if it's proper to post/promote the site here on TV so PM me if you don't know the Cool Thai House stuff and I can give you a link.

Thanks for the tip. I have been looking there also.