Darts

• 3 months later...

Surely we have some players here.

I can't answer about Sukhumvit area, but there are competetive dart leagues in Bangkok and Chiangmai, and I suspect there will be more in other provinces soon.

The nice thing about these leagues (other than they tend to be mixed Thai-farang teams and you can drink while you play :D ) is that various divisions exist for different skill levels. 'Makes it easier on the beginners! You'll find they attract a lot of TG players as well! :o

I hope the OP can get an answer if I dredge up this old thread.

Surely we have some players here.

I can't answer about Sukhumvit area, but there are competetive dart leagues in Bangkok and Chiangmai, and I suspect there will be more in other provinces soon.

The nice thing about these leagues (other than they tend to be mixed Thai-farang teams and you can drink while you play :D ) is that various divisions exist for different skill levels. 'Makes it easier on the beginners! You'll find they attract a lot of TG players as well! :D

I hope the OP can get an answer if I dredge up this old thread.

Yep.

The Chiangmai competition attracted quite a few of the fairer sex when I played.

One downside that existed, I felt was that they got so godda*m serious :o

• 1 month later...

You should check out www.bamboosiam.com - they are running a "farang" league in the pubs between sukhumvit soi 8 and up to soi 33.

Now playing on thursdays. Good fun and a good way to meet new people.

For the one who is looking for the "BDL - Bangkok Dart League", check out the thursday edition of Bangkok post and read the sports section, atleast it used to be there it might have changed day.

The current league is played on Tuesdays. Play in the 4th division if you dont want to be too serious.

Usually on fridays there is a "Lucky Draw" game going on in Music of Art, located in Latphrao 84, just before you actually get to the latphrao road.

You will usually find the top of the crop of Thailand playing there. And if you lucky you might get to play together with Young, current male Thai champion. Alot of thais there not so many farangs, but if you like darts thats the place to go.

The games start "usually" between 21.00-21.30, so don't be late for the registration.

// Ex. captain of the "Evicted Ones". :o