Places to apply for a Non-Imm O visa

I have been to Vientiane quite a few times for visas and am pretty bored of the place. Is it as easy to get a non-immigrant O visa elsewhere? My wife has never been to Hong Kong or Tokyo so that might be nice but I don't know if it will be way more hassle. Are the requirements the same everywhere?

Thanks a lot,

Westen

I got one last month in Penang without any problems (other than, despite asking, they were closed on the Monday!) Took proof of income, rental agreement and character reference. In theory I only needed the proof of income but my 'fixer' seemed to think the other docs were required so I took them. Not sure if they were actually required as it was all done for me for a combined cost of MYR 350 for a single entry 'O'. I tend to take every possible piece of paperwork just in case.

A friend gets his NI multiple 0 every year in Adelaide. He lives here for 3 month periods twice and sometimes more each year. However he is married to a Thai who is now a dual citizen and they have a house here. That they have strong connections like the above may make the difference.

Do you want a single entry or multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage? Only a few locations will do the multiple entry.

The marriage one. I was not aware there was more than one kind. I thought you got the same visa and then extended it for marriage or whatever reason.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Do you want a single entry or multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage? Only a few locations will do the multiple entry.

The marriage one. I was not aware there was more than one kind. I thought you got the same visa and then extended it for marriage or whatever reason.

Cheers.

A single entry visa allows one 90 day entry. A multiple entry allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

If you plan on applying for a extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration then a single entry non-o is all you need.

Hong Kong would do a single entry non-o visa. As said Tokyo only does visas for Japanese and legal residents.

Nearby locations are Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos and Penang Malaysia.

Cheers.

A single entry visa allows one 90 day entry. A multiple entry allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

If you plan on applying for a extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration then a single entry non-o is all you need.

Hong Kong would do a single entry non-o visa. As said Tokyo only does visas for Japanese and legal residents.

Nearby locations are Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos and Penang Malaysia.

Got a multi O in Korea two years ago but it takes 3 days. In monday morning and collect on wednesday afternoon. Bank details I supplied but they handed them back as not needed, but, that was two years ago.

I note the PDF at Penang states 220 MYR for the single entry-and 90 days- any idea if this info is current?

http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/files/services-20140508-110623-169095.pdf

Since September of last year the fee is 300 MYR for a single entry non immigrant visa. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/files/news-20150731-103408-798023.pdf

I note the PDF at Penang states 220 MYR for the single entry-and 90 days- any idea if this info is current?

http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/files/services-20140508-110623-169095.pdf

Since September of last year the fee is 300 MYR for a single entry non immigrant visa. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/files/news-20150731-103408-798023.pdf

I just mentioned this on the other thread I started, sorry to repeat but it might be of interest to others- the single tourist visa on that PDF states 90 days, but it's really 60 days and then a 30 day extension can be applied for inside Thailand at immigration. Do you think the Non Immigrant O visa will be the same or do you know for a fact it is 90 days?

Thanks for your help, again.

I just mentioned this on the other thread I started, sorry to repeat but it might be of interest to others- the single tourist visa on that PDF states 90 days, but it's really 60 days and then a 30 day extension can be applied for inside Thailand at immigration. Do you think the Non Immigrant O visa will be the same or do you know for a fact it is 90 days?

Thanks for your help, again.

It states 3 months which is the validity of a single entry tourist visa from the date of issue. Not the length of stay it allows.

The same PDF states a non immigrant visa is good for a stay of 90 days

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, could anyone offer some help on the best way to get non O visa if I am in Phayao which is about 2 hours from Chiangrai. I believe I need to get a 90 day visa first then convert it to a spouse visa?
I think my only option is to fly from chiangrai to bkk then from there out of Thailand. Any help on this would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, cecorey said:

Friend went 4 weeks ago. No more multi entry O from Penang, only single entry.

Based upon what reason. We have had reports from people getting multiple entry visas within the past month.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

Hi guys, could anyone offer some help on the best way to get non O visa if I am in Phayao which is about 2 hours from Chiangrai. I believe I need to get a 90 day visa first then convert it to a spouse visa?
I think my only option is to fly from chiangrai to bkk then from there out of Thailand. Any help on this would be appreciated

You could get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Vientiane Laos. There are flights from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani and you can get a van from the airport there to the bridge in Nong Khai.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa you could apply for a one year extension (not a visa) based upon marriage at immigration. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Based upon what reason. We have had reports from people getting multiple entry visas within the past month.

As per my post a few days ago had no problem getting a Multi O in Penang. I think if you can't show the required 400,000 in the bank, showing updated bank book, it's quite likely you will only get a single giving you the option to show cash in Thailand for your year extension.

You could get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Vientiane Laos. There are flights from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani and you can get a van from the airport there to the bridge in Nong Khai.
Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa you could apply for a one year extension (not a visa) based upon marriage at immigration. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Is it easy enough to get the van from the airport to Nong Khai? How long is the drive?
What do I do and where do I go from the bridge.
Pardon my ignorance and thanks a million for the help.
Is there no flight from Chiangrai ?

The vans from the airport in Udon run on a regular schedule to the bridge. It takes about an hour or less.

You clear Thai immigration then take the shuttle bus across the bridge. Apply for a Lao visa on arrival and then clear Lao immigration. The fee is $30 to $42 dependent upon nationality or 1500 baht.

From the bridge if early enough you go the embassy's consular section. Map is here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Thailand+Consular+Section/@17.964946,102.624342,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x229bd78d156a373f!8m2!3d17.9649457!4d102.6243424?hl=en-US

As far as I know there are no flights from Chiang Rai.

The vans from the airport in Udon run on a regular schedule to the bridge. It takes about an hour or less.
You clear Thai immigration then take the shuttle bus across the bridge. Apply for a Lao visa on arrival and then clear Lao immigration. The fee is $30 to $42 dependent upon nationality or 1500 baht.
From the bridge if early enough you go the embassy's consular section. Map is here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Thailand+Consular+Section/@17.964946,102.624342,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x229bd78d156a373f!8m2!3d17.9649457!4d102.6243424?hl=en-US
As far as I know there are no flights from Chiang Rai.

I will be bringing the wife and kids so not gonna be easy or cheap :(
Any suggestions on where to stay. I guess we won't get there until the afternoon or early evening so will have to stay 3 nights?
First night when we arrive then the next morning I apply then another night in accommodation then have to wait one or two days to collect visa?