Sanders’ campaign continues despite Obama’s support for Clinton

rooster59

Sanders’ campaign continues despite Obama’s support for Clinton

By Dr. Stefan Grobe

post-247607-0-54901900-1465610743_thumb.

He may have been beaten by Hillary Clinton but Bernie Sanders is still on the campaign trail.

Despite both President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden declaring their support for Clinton, Sanders has only committed to joining his rival in fighting against Donald Trump.

After a series of big losses on Tuesday that made Clinton the presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party, Sanders spoke to supporters in the District of Columbia ahead of the primary there next Tuesday, the last nominating contest of the year

“It would be extraordinary if the people of Washington, our nation’s capital, stood up and told the world that they are ready to lead this country into a political revolution,” he said.

Sanders failed to even mention Hillary Clinton during his speech. A sign perhaps echoed by his supporters who have mixed feelings about backing her candidacy.

“I myself will be voting for the Green Party candidate come November, if I don’t have the opportunity to vote for Bernie Sanders,” one man told euronews.

“I will vote for Hillary as a non-vote for Trump, but it is not really a vote for her. I think she has a lot of work to do,” chimed a Sanders supporter.

“Any vote for Hillary that I cast is going to be one against Trump. It’s not for her, it’s against him,” said another at the rally.

Our correspondent Stefan Grobe says Sanders is now under increasing pressure from the Democratic establishment end his presidential bid.

“It was likely Sanders’ last campaign rally. Earlier, he gave the strongest signals yet that he is ready to bow out of the presidential race – after the DC primary next Tuesday. It would be a win for the Democratic Party in its fight against Trump.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-11

He too, despite its declarations of generosity displayed is more interested by himself than its cause.

I always thought that we lose some of our intellectual faculties with age. The sight of this US campaign comes every day to confirm this impression.

Sander's platform and narratives of his vision of the world would bode well in the parallel universe where all is well and fair, not in this world full of treachery and deceits, as is now, he's flogging a dead horse, maybe a younger Sanders in few more years will be able to get up there, but not now........

I'm sure Obama instructed him on the appropriate timeline to transition from his current message to the "we have to stop Trump at all cost" message so as not to alienate his followers. Then a speaking slot at the Convention to again try to keep them engaged in the ABT campaign. After that, the Party shoves him back into the shadows and hopes he retires soon

No need YET for Bernie to concede anything.
Are people aware there is a lawsuit over election fraud?

This is Lee Camp using satire to make his point... funny in an irreverent way.

Of course, most media is complicit in anointing Clinton, so they are not talking about it.
Getting another Hawk in the White House pleases many of those in corporate boardrooms -good for profits. Les effort to watch military expenditures. More chances later to impose austerity.
Ugh!

It was interesting, during Bernie's late-night speech on Tuesday, to hear the almost total silence that descended on the crowd when he mentioned the name of Obama. Followed by boos when Clinton's name was briefly mentioned.

Of course, at the end of the day, it matters not who wins this circus act, since all the major decisions are taken far away from the White House, on the ski slopes of Davos (well, the cosy inside of the hotel at Davos).

He will graciously bow out, I hope, after the DC primary next week.

Nobody knows what he and Obama discussed, but I suspect it was what Bernie whats to achieve in terms of policy and Democrat voting rules.

At the end of the day, I hope, Sanders recognizes that he doesn't want his political legacy as 'the man who handed Donald J Trump the keys to the White House'

We wait with bated breath!