Making more history…Could Clinton pick a woman for her running mate?

rooster59

Making more history…Could Clinton pick a woman for her running mate?

post-247607-0-99321000-1465620843_thumb.

US Senator Elizabeth Warren was all smiles as she left a meeting at Hillary Clinton’s home in Washington on Friday.

The scene will do nothing to dampen speculation that the progressive firebrand could be Clinton’s choice of running mate as the presumptive Democratic nominee prepares to take on Republican Donald Trump in November’s presidential election.

Clinton has already made history as the first woman to lead a major political party in its quest for the White House. An all-female ticket would go one step further.

What is more, Elizabeth Warren, a fiery critic of Wall Street, is popular among Bernie Sanders’ supporters who Clinton needs to win over. Her Democratic rival is still in the race for next week’s final nominating contest but says he will work with the former Secretary of State to defeat Trump.

Vice President Joe Biden has now announced his support for Clinton…a big boost alongside Warren’s backing.

But the endorsement that is really expected to raise her standing heading into the general election came from President Barack Obama who said of her in a video message released on Thursday that: “She has got the courage, the compassion and the heart to get the job done”.

Donald Trump however used Twitter on Friday to remind voters of a time when Obama was less complimentary.

Trump tweeted what he presented as an Obama campaign radio ad from the then White House hopeful’s 2008 contest against Hillary Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-11

Interesting, possibly 2 ladies at the top but I can't get my head around the introduction of:

'Ladies and Gentlemen... The President and The First Gentleman'.

Bill the First Gentleman 55555 can't they change that to Philanderer? It rolls off the tongue a lot easier.

Interesting, possibly 2 ladies at the top but I can't get my head around the introduction of:

'Ladies and Gentlemen... The President and The First Gentleman'.

Bill the First Gentleman 55555 can't they change that to Philanderer? It rolls off the tongue a lot easier.

Whatever. Just get used to it for the next eight years.

I see strong pros and cons to picking Warren. Warren is a very skilled NATURAL politician, very charismatic (which Hillary lacks), and would make a great attacker against the vile fascist monster. Also of course she should please the faction of Sander's supporters that aren't nihilists.

As far as two women, yes it's a doubling down of sorts, but the vast majority of party tickets in history have been two men, so WHY NOT two women?

As far as cons:

The two women thing for some people.

The "scandal" about the Native American claim in her past. (I consider this very minor compared to similar issues for both Clinton and the vile monster.)

No geographical benefit. She doesn't turn any swing states.

Another senator.

Upstaging. She's more popular than Hillary among the base. That's kind of weird.

Is there really any need to pick Castro for the Latino vote? Hillary already has the Latino vote locked up (because the vile monster is a RACIST). Castro's experience is quite thin. He would be a more classical, young guy in grooming for the future, VP role.

Edited by Jingthing

The only way Clinton can defeat Trump now is getting Sanders for the vice-presidency, and Warren for an important position on her team, and to campaign together on common issues.

That is totally ridiculous.

Sanders doesn't want that.

Clinton doesn't want that.

Sanders supporters don't want that. They wanted him as president.

I'm amazed I hear this idea often. It's totally off the table.

More likely most women will vote for Hillary Clinton because they like her position policies, her DEEP experience in government, and also because the vile monster trump has revealed himself to be a horrific sexist pig, as well as a RACIST.

Back to the topic, picking Warren would probably make it harder for Clinton to do a traditional move to the center pivot that is standard in U.S. general elections. So that part would be a calculated risk. Everyone agrees this isn't a "normal" election year so "normal" rules may not apply.

That's kind of Clinton's political problem in a nutshell.

She wants to do two contradictory things.

Get the more leftist democratic BASE enthusiastic and fired up (this year represented by the Bernie movement) and ALSO persuade the independents and moderates that she's the much more reasonable choice compared to the vile monster.

So the V.P. will be a huge clue as to the thinking of which of those is more important.

She could do both, more or less. Go with a Warren type and let the VP be the firebrand, and moderate herself at the top of the ticket.

Of course doing that more of the leftist base are likely to just stay home or vote for a fringe candidate.

Personally, I don't believe the Fox news B.S. that a significant percentage of Bernie supporters are really going to vote for the vile monster.

The small percentage that will aren't likely to even be moved by Warren as VP, so basically just forget about those nihilists. Write them off. Some segments are hopeless.

About as hopeless as the vile monster's bid to win California.

Edited by Jingthing

I just don't think the Warren American Indian thing will ever turn out to be a deal breaker for her political ambitions.

The vile monster on the other hand is trying to brand her fully based on that, calling her Pocohontas.

That ultimately BACKFIRES on the vile monster, constantly reminding people that he's the candidate of RACISM and SLURS.

It comes off as disrespectful to native Americans which aren't exactly an important voting block, but it leaves a sour taste with mainstream people, aside from the vile monster's RACIST base (that Clinton will never win over anyway).

Elizabeth Warren, a fake Indian. Claimed she was Cherokee because the people in her family had high cheek bones "like all Indians." But her ancestors are nowhere in the Cherokee record. She is a liar. http://www.pollysgranddaughter.com/p/elizabeth-warren-information.html

She is not a liar. She is reporting what she was told and there is as much evidence that it is true as there is that it is not. It's similar to Marco Rubio's reporting on his parents' leaving Cuba. It was not true, but it was he was told.

Elizabeth Warren may have native American ancestry: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/05/is-elizabeth-warren-native-american-or-what/257415/

As far as cons:

The "scandal" about the Native American claim in her past. (I consider this very minor compared to similar issues for both Clinton and the vile monster.)

Another senator.

Upstaging. She's more popular than Hillary among the base. That's kind of weird.

Is there really any need to pick Castro for the Latino vote? Hillary already has the Latino vote locked up (because the vile monster is a RACIST). Castro's experience is quite thin. He would be a more classical, young guy in grooming for the future, VP role.

The Native American scandal for those who don't know is that Warren [falsely] claimed heritage in order to fit in a quota system or something at Harvard. Very similar to Obama playing up his African-Indonesian roots to get admitted to Columbia.

Geography - you are right about that and I think it is the main reason Warren won't be chosen. Is she popular anywhere outside of Massachusetts? She is as goofy as Cruz is creepy. Now that would have made a great pair, I would so buy that campaign t-shirt: "Creepy-Goofy 2016"

Senator: yeah, free up that seat!

Upstaging: Like whatsherface and McCain in 2008?

Castro: That would be ironic. They push him aside to clear the path for Hillary and later invite him to be VP? It is a shame they didn't give him and other up & coming young Democrats the exposure and experience running as a candidate would have given them. Now Hillary is probably stuck choosing another old, white male for VP. I wonder who that will be?

Edited by mopar71

Democrats don't find her goofy at all.

That's just a vile monster insult.

Bottom line, Warren must be kicking herself because it's clear if it was her, and not Bernie running against Hillary in the primary, she would have won. She made the rational decision that Hillary was unbeatable this time, but Bernie came close enough to show she was beatable.

Edited by Jingthing

Two horrid liars as the Leaders of the Free World.....Nothing new.........Hope Slick Willy gets to help out. His foundation will no doubt be able to bellow out out power.

Clinton has done nothing to bring progressive party members over to her side. Indeed many think that if she included Warren it would be to shut down Bernie supporters. Obama insulted Bernie and all that support his program by the immediate announcement of endorsement of Clintons. She wants to marginalize progressive as much as possible to implement her neocon/neoliberal policies. If Warren were to accept a position of VP or even a cabinet position she would loose all credibility, and rightly so. Already the single payer/Medicare for all has been eliminated from the discussion by the DNC. Oh yea, trying very hard to get real progressives to support Clinton, NOT!

...............http://www.opednews.com/populum/printer_friendly.php?content=a&id=203290.................http://www.thenation.com/article/democratic-platform-israel/...........http://www.thenation.com/article/for-sanders-supporters-the-struggle-has-always-been-about-issues-and-the-struggle-continues/

Warren didn't falsely claim Native American heritage. Many are not on the rolls and many have little of the blood line left, but they still have it. Not being on the tribal rolls does not prove one does not have Native American blood, that is just another right wing desperate lie. She never used her Native American heritage to gain employment. Warren is needed in the Senate where she will be a thorn in neocon/neoliberal Clinton's side for 4 years. Clinton won't get a 2nd term. True Democrats, progressives will get her booted out.

As far as cons:

Another senator.

The Native American scandal for those who don't know is that Warren [falsely] claimed heritage in order to fit in a quota system or something at Harvard. Very similar to Obama playing up his African-Indonesian roots to get admitted to Columbia.

Geography - you are right about that and I think it is the main reason Warren won't be chosen. Is she popular anywhere outside of Massachusetts? She is as goofy as Cruz is creepy. Now that would have made a great pair, I would so buy that campaign t-shirt: "Creepy-Goofy 2016"

Senator: yeah, free up that seat!

Upstaging: Like whatsherface and McCain in 2008?

Castro: That would be ironic. They push him aside to clear the path for Hillary and later invite him to be VP? It is a shame they didn't give him and other up & coming young Democrats the exposure and experience running as a candidate would have given them. Now Hillary is probably stuck choosing another old, white male for VP. I wonder who that will be?

What nonsense. Here's an article from boston.com article from her 2012 Senate Race. There is absolutely no evidence that her claim of a Cherokee background had anything to do with her getting a position at any University.

http://archive.boston.com/news/politics/2012/senate/2012/09/15/elizabeth-warren-family-has-mixed-memories-about-heritage/cPMflfaOlndM1jFbimJ4tM/singlepage.html

Bernie and Warren would be my Dream Team to take on the greed of the wealthy elite and Corporate America. There would be no where to hide for those snakes.

I'll take a Hillary / Warren ticket provided that Warren isn't a lame duck Vice President and is given the task of cleaning out the gold toothed rats hanging around the corridors of Congress with the vested power to 'shoot to kill'. Sort them all out the first week and then head for Wall Street. Maybe a month or two there. All sorted.

Wow wow wow! New Zealand (who gave women the right to vote back in 1893!) had their first female Prime Minister in 1997! And have had another since then.

Are you U.S. citizens starting to learn now that it can be done? Slow learners? whistling.gifgigglem.gif

Wow wow wow! New Zealand (who gave women the right to vote back in 1893!) had their first female Prime Minister in 1997! And have had another since then.

Are you U.S. citizens starting to learn now that it can be done? Slow learners? whistling.gifgigglem.gif

New Zealand?

Whoever Clinton selects will be purely for their potential to garner a specific group.....ie: Bernie voters. No VP will see the light of day after inauguration except to be sent to obscure ceremonial events and funerals that the Prez doesn't want to attend. Clinton's inner circle of thieves will be tighter than Obama's and will include a prominent place for representation of the foreign despots and corporate oligarchs who have funded most of her campaign. It likely will keep the VP outside looking in though.

Whoever Clinton selects will be purely for their potential to garner a specific group.....ie: Bernie voters. No VP will see the light of day after inauguration except to be sent to obscure ceremonial events and funerals that the Prez doesn't want to attend. Clinton's inner circle of thieves will be tighter than Obama's and will include a prominent place for representation of the foreign despots and corporate oligarchs who have funded most of her campaign. It likely will keep the VP outside looking in though.

the foreign despots and corporate oligarchs who have funded most of her campaign. It likely will keep the VP outside looking in though.

Foreign despots funding her campaign? You got evidence for that? And if you do, you should get it some prosecutor right away. But you got nothing.

the foreign despots and corporate oligarchs who have funded most of her campaign. It likely will keep the VP outside looking in though.

Foreign despots funding her campaign? You got evidence for that? And if you do, you should get it some prosecutor right away. But you got nothing.

I see you are a true believer. How charming

I see you are a true believer. How charming

What I believe is irrelevant. You claimed that foreign despots were financing HRC's campaign. Got any proof? If you think something is true but have no evidence to support that, then what else have you got beside belief? I'm the skeptic here. You're the believer.

Edited by ilostmypassword

The vile fascist monster will be along shortly.

Think international fireworks party with Hillary secured to the most explosive rocket aimed towards the stratosphere. Forget about the VP, they'll be in hiding. Can't wait.

Edited by wooloomooloo