Using VPN to Speedup Your Internet International Speed

Pib

Congrats Pib!

Can you make real speed tests by downloading 100M files via browser?

http://www.softlayer.com/data-centers

This has lots of datacenters and 10M / 100M files for downloading.

Also, did you get shared IPv4 or dynamic IPv4?

check whatismyip or something.

Did some tests using Chrome by using Save As download command to download (non-VPN) 100MB files for above softlayer website.

At 8:33pm/Friday I downloaded a 100MB file from San Jose...download speed: 38.9Mb

At 8:36pm/Friday I downloaded a 100MB file from Singapore...download speed: 36.6Mb

At 8:40pm/Friday I downloaded a 100Mb file from London....download speed: 4.5Mb (maybe the EU is slowing down access to the UK) tongue.png

At 8:44pm/Friday I downloaded a 100Mb file from Frankfurt...download speed: 25.6Mb

Regarding the shared or dynamic IPV4 you'll have to give me more details on how to figure that out using whatismyip or similar website. The AIS website says the following it that helps:

The customer who subscribe PowerHome Package receive free Private IPv4 with DDNS* and Public IPv6. Can use port forwarding and bridge mode.

Here's what whatismyip says....I masked out the IP address to protect the innocent...but it says it's a "static" IP.

post-55970-0-85184900-1467382211_thumb.j

Edited by Pib

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final speedtest results for the night...run just a few minutes ago on this fine Friday night at around 9:15pm which is a peak internet loading time in Thailand. Tests were Testmy.net Combined tests (non-VPN) to Singapore, LA, and London.

To Singapore

post-55970-0-68340800-1467382829_thumb.j

To Los Angeles

post-55970-0-33910500-1467382839_thumb.j

To London

post-55970-0-61598900-1467382867_thumb.j

Oh, poop. Now that Pib has ultra-fast speed without VPN, we may lose him from this thread. biggrin.png

I just did a series of speed tests (TestMy.net) to Singapore with a 12MB test size between 1030pm and 1100pm on a Friday, on my 30/3 True DOCSIS connection :
Using PureVPN Singapore VPN:
17.6 Mbps
19.9 Mbps
20.2 Mbps
Not using any VPN:
3.5 Mbps (ranged from 1.47 Mbps to 9.32 Mbps)
1.3 Mbps (ranged from 860 Kbps to 1.87 Mbps)
1.1 Mbps (ranged from 640 Kbps to 1.64 Mbps)
Immediately retested:
Using PureVPN Singapore VPN:
17.0 Mbps
20.2 Mbps
15.9 Mbps (TestMy.net ran the 12MB sample, then immediately re-ran with 36.6 MB test size)
Not using any VPN (using 12MB sample size):
2.4 Mbps (ranged from 1.43 Mbps to 4.99 Mbps)
4.0 Mbps (ranged from 2.22 Mbps to 8.4 Mbps)*
846 Kbps (ranged from 400Kbps to 1.63Mbps)*
*I aborted two tests because the progress was s-o s-l-o-w, I wasn't sure they'd finish.
How can that be possible just from Thailand to Singapore (the location of the VPN) unless True is throttling traffic that is detects is a speed test? Encrypted speed testing via VPN sails along, but un-encrypted speed traffic is abysmal.

wpcoe,

I found the Singapore VPN to be fast "most" of the time, but I have also noticed at other times it's hard to impossible to make a connection or you get slow speed but still no slower than a non-VPN connection.. However, in some of those times when the Singapore VPN connection could not be made or was slow, I've instead made a VPN connection to Kuala Lumpur (KL) Malaysia just up the road a little bit from Singapore and then I speeding back along. Maybe at certain times Singapore lines just get overloaded, it's a PureVPN server overload, it's your Internet Service Provider (ISP) such as True International Gateway overload/throttling, or just other issues I'm not smart enough to figure out or understand especially after a few beers. I'm going to give KL more testing VPN-wise.

And where I say PureVPN "overloaded" I really should say the VPN servers of the companies that PureVPN contracts with to provide VPN servers for them in Singapore. And maybe "overloaded" in the terms of bandwidth/speed is not the right word to use for connetion ccases, but just all connections have been used and you can't make a connection until someone logs off which opens up a free slot for someone to connect to. And how many connections can be made would depend on how many connections the VPN service provider contracts for with another server-providing company.

Looking up additional info on the PureVPN IP server and IP addresses for their Signapore servers it's actually Softlayer (and IBM company) and New Media servers which provides the connections the great majority of the time with Voxel Comm occasionally...or maybe Voxel was for some PureVPN U.S. VPN connections I made....but definitely Softlayer and New Media for Singapore. And I have found the Softlayer servers to be a little faster than New Media servers when I force a VPN connection specifically to Softlayer or New Media by using their IP address (the numbered one) versus the generic PureVPN VPN server address that will connect you to either Softlayer or New Media...you don't know which one you will get (it's luck of the draw) until you make the connection and then lookup info on the IP address you got issued for that connection.

When looking up the server/IP addrees info for some other VPN service providers they also use Softlayer and New Media servers. It not like all the many, many different service providers (i.e., PureVPN, PIA, just whoever) put their own servers manned by their own people at all the many locations on Earth that VPN service providers provide connection to. Instead, they contract with other companies who rent out their servers for various uses such as VPN server, web hosting, email service, and many other possible internet services.

Now one reason poeple use VPN is to reach certain websites that block certain IP address. One website I access occasionally is a Dept of Defense portal used to access other govt or U.S. Govt "benefits related" websites with just a single set of logon conditionals...don't have to a User ID/password for many different websites. I've never been able to reach that portals login page with a Thailand IP address...probably because Thailand is blocked by this DOD portal. Instead, I've always use a VPN connection with U.S. IP address to connect to the portal. However, I noticed when using the Singapore VPN I can reach that DOD portal. Yesterday I tried to use a KL VPN connection to reach the portal but couldn't....guess Malaysia along with Thailand are blocked by the portal, but Singapore is OK.

In closing, what your testing results has reconfirmed to me is that the True speed to "international" locations is really the same speed or maybe a hair more for both 30/3 and 15/1.5 plans due to True throttling/not buying enough bandwidth for their international gateway server...reaching out to that world outside of Thailand. But I will say my True DOCSIS plan has been like 99.9999% reliable up-time wise for the 5 years I've been with them...got zero complaints there. Heck, my True DOCSIS stayed up for the month or so during the Great Flood in late 2011 when I had a meter of water in my western Bangkok moobaan for around a month; however, folks on TOT ADLS in my moobaan lost their internet service within a day or two of the flood waters arriving and flooding out TOT ground level junction boxes. But True DOCSIS equipment/boxes/lines were all mounted up on the power poles just as AIS Fibre equipment/lines are (no gound level junction boxes). If future flood waters ever get high enough to flood out True and AIS lines that will mean an Extinction Level Event has occurred (like a mile wide rock from space hitting Earth) and the family and I will be safe in the Ark built by in-law named Somchai with the Ark construction sponsored by Leo Beer. tongue.png

Congrats Pib

Your results using PureVPN (or not) are quite consistent with what I got on my 20/7 connection. It seems that our upload speeds are about the same. I'm getting around 7-8 mbit up despite being on a 7 mbit upload plan. I also got a slight degradation of the speeds when using PureVpn, but nothing significant. The exception was to London. For some reason AIS Fibre seems to be somewhat slow to London and even using vpn didn't improve on that very much.

Now for Android speedtest results.smile.png

Hi Pib Thanks for that. It might very well be that I somehow got a TCP connection. A bit strange that the "Support" guys didn't mention anything about that setting.

I hope your installation goes forward as planned today and I'm going to sit back and wait for your speed test result using Android.biggrin.png

As i mentioned earlier in this thread when I first got my AIS Fibre installation done I only got around 2 mbit download from San Jose. After talking with NOC at AIS they said it was a routing problem and it took a couple of days to fix it. After they fixed of the routing my average download on Testmy.net is now 18.8 mbit.

touch,

OK, here is some non-VPN and VPN (using PureVPN) testing results using primarily AIS Fibre 50/10 on my "Android" tablets. Below tests run this Saturday morning between approx 9am and 9:45am as I did a lot of switching back and forth between AIS Fibre and True DOCSIS due to an "LA" VPN connection speed issue. I used Testmy.net Combined testing method. Read close the testing conditions especially where I start talking DNS/routing.

I first do test with "No VPN" using AIS Fibre and AIS's DNS server

- To Singapore: 51.3 down / 7.3 up

- To Los Angeles 19.2 / 5.5

Now I use the PureVPN App OpenVPN-UDP connection using AIS DNS server to Pure's Singapore and LA VPN servers

- To Singapore: 17.1 /10.4

- To Los Angeles: 6.5 / 1.5 (quite a slow down)

Now I close the PureVPN app and just use a Android manual PureVPN PPTP connection to Singapore and LA VPN servers using AIS DNS.

- To Singapore: 12.9 / 6.0

- To Los Angeles: 2. 4 / 1.8 (getting really slow)

From above tests, both an OpenVPN-UDP using the Pure App and just a non-app/manual VPN-PPTP connection to LA are kinda slow. I'm still using the AIS Fibre connection.

So now I try to manual VPN-PPTP connections again to Singapore and LA but this time I'm also going to use a True connection and AIS connection (switch between them) and vary the DNS servers also

True 15Mb connection with Manual PPTP connection and True or Googles DNS servers to Singapore and LA VPN servers

- To Singapore: 16.8/1.4 with True DNS

- To Los Angeles: 16.6 / 1.4 with Google DNS

Wow, using the True connection vs AIS Fibre connection my speed to LA is good...much higher than when on the AIS connection.

Let me know switch back to the AIS connection with manual PPTP and vary the DNS servers used. Now using an AIS conneciton...AIS 50Mb connection with Manual PPTP connection

- To Los Angeles: 2.4 / 3.0 with AIS DNS (still slow to LA)

- To Los Angeles: 8.0 /5.4 with Google DN (sitll not blazing to LA but a lot faster with Google DNS than AIS DNS)

Not sure if above will make sense to you, but it looks like setting up your Android Wifi connection to an AIS Fibre connection a person might be better off using Google DNS vs letting your Android default to using the AIS DNS server. Maybe the AIS Fibre treats/routes Andoid device connections differently that Windows connection....maybe not a PureVPN issue at all but an ISP issue....dunno. But from these tests run this morning on my Android device there appears to be a definite difference between a AIS and True connection and with AIS the DNS selection can make a significant difference.

-

Now

Speedtest tests can easily be faked. Please test from your computer by downloading 100M zip files (you don't need to download whole file, wait 15-20 sec and get max. download rate in browser, then cancel it if you want). Of course, it'll be better if you use a computer connected with ethernet cable.

Regardless of the reason, the VPN "does" speed up you connection in many cases. It sure does for me and numerous other posters. Turn off the VPN connection and your speed to most international sites will slow down depending on your individual internet service provider.

Exactly what I was thinking ! so i was right, no vpn can speed your connection ! It is even weird that someone could even think that it is possible...

The VPN does not make your connection faster on its own. If it turns out to be faster it is probably because the servers used by the VPN are not as heavily used and hence are faster to access.

In short you are cutting the slow servers out of your connection link.

You are talking rubbish. You obviously have no real idea of the network concepts. Others who agree with you also have no idea of what they are taking about.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't know WHY or HOW we get the VPN effect of enhancing speeds for international connections between Thailand and the outside world. But I do know the effect is REAL, not just some kind of funny business about gaming the speed test results.

It may be the use of VPN servers, it may be different routing involved when using a VPN or their different DNS servers, it may be the transport technology (such as Open VPN) being less suscepectible to ISP throttling. It may be something entirely different or some combinations of the reasons I just listed. But whatever the reason or reasons are, the substantial speed improvements are real and legitimate.

I certainly do see the much improved speed results when using my VPN with speed test measuring sites. But I also see the same improved speed results when using VPN when doing other things such as simple file downloads from servers outside Thailand.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

TG,

Yep...I agree with that.

Just as FYI here are some non-VPN tests using Speedtest.net and Testmy.net of my new AIS Fibre 50Mb/10Mb plan. Your results may vary. Take all speedtests results with a grain of salt...compare various speedtesters against each other as they test differently with their different testing algorithms, server locations, file sizes used, and other factors. You can get big differences between two testers even though you are trying to test to the same city. But when using various speedtesters you should be able to get a good feel of how your connection is working to domestic and international sites.

Done with Speedtest.net around 3:20pm/today/Saturday

Bangkok to Bangkok

5447353068.png

Bangkok to Singapore
5447367635.png

Bangkok to Los Angeles
5447361931.png

Bangkok to London
5447365003.png

Done with Testmy.net at around 3:30pm/today/Saturday (right after I did above Speedtest.net tests)

Bangkok to Singapore
post-55970-0-88690200-1467448698_thumb.j

Bangkok to Los Angeles
post-55970-0-06845600-1467448540_thumb.j

Bangkok to London

post-55970-0-45452700-1467448838_thumb.j

Thanks Pib

Glad to know that it wasn't my imagination that the speed on Android using the purevpn connection was significantly slower. I either have to solve that somehow or get a Chromecast and use the connection from my PC to my Android. Might be a somewhat clunky solution. It looks like there is a routing issue and I'm not sure if AIS Fibre are interested in solving it if it only occurs when using a vpn. Another solution would be to somehow just change my IPIP. Not that I know how to do that.

Hmm, was actually hoping that I had made some mistake in setting my vpn connection up on the "-droids" and that you would get better results.

Done with Testmy.net at around 3:30pm/today/Saturday (right after I did above Speedtest.net tests)

Pib, those are all tests with just your AIS Fiber -- no VPN involved, right?

The TestMy result for L.A. I tend to believe. The Ookla result, with AIS Fiber alone, I'd be skeptical of.

OK, here's my comparisons to Pib's results, based on my 3BB 100/10 service in central BKK -- all tested to TestMy.Net's San Francisco server, with a 25 MB download, all about 6 pm today.

--3BB alone: 5 / 2.5 / 2.6 Mbps

--3BB with my VPN's OpenVPN S.F. connection: 9.5 / 13.2 / 13.6 Mbps

--3BB with my VPN's PPTP S.F. connection: 59 / 51 / 58 Mbps

Obviously in my case, it pays big-time NOT to go 3BB alone for my international stuff.

Curiously, the 3BB only results were exactly even/flat across the entire test -- no up and down variations at all -- which kind of makes me think the results are being throttled at those levels.

But just by comparison, here's what I get if I test locally with just 3BB to Netflix's Fast.com speedtest site which uses the Akamai network, and may well connect to it locally here in Thailand:

80 / 84 / 87 Mbps

post-58284-0-84128200-1467458925_thumb.j

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I'll just mention another VPN provider I use and am happy with.

Google "hide.me"

Looks like they have a free trial and all the rest...

works fine on laptop, ipad and also Synology NAS drive.

And yes it does or can "effectively" speed up your internet in Thailand in many cases due to hopeless ISP setup or DNS or censorship and who knows what else and on and on in Thailand. (I don't bother having it 'on' all the time when browsing, but have had many occasions where the True cable connection seems very very slow even to this site... turn on VPN and all is 'fine' and normal response - occasional other sites can get bogged down without VPN and are as instant as normal with VPN on...)

Just a couple more comparisons as of 6:45 pm today, both tested to TestMy.Net's S.F. server with 25 MB downloads:

--3BB with my N VPN wifi router using its Open VPN UDP connection via wifi: 3.9 / 3.9 / 4.5 Mbps

--3BB direct via ethernet using my PC's Windows-based VPN PPTP Seattle connection: 65 / 66 / 63 Mbps

Pib, those are all tests with just your AIS Fiber -- no VPN involved, right?

The TestMy result for L.A. I tend to believe. The Ookla result, with AIS Fiber alone, I'd be skeptical of.

Correct, a non-VPN connection. And like I said in my earlier post:

Take all speedtests results with a grain of salt...compare various speedtesters against each other as they test differently with their different testing algorithms, server locations, file sizes used, and other factors. You can get big differences between two testers even though you are trying to test to the same city. But when using various speedtesters you should be able to get a good feel of how your connection is working to domestic and international sites.

On coops tips I tried a speed test to LA with Hide me VPN and got Download :: 15.1 Mbps 1.9 MB/s up arrow Upload :: 2.5 Mbps which indeed seem to point to something strange going on with purevpn and Android

Just a couple more comparisons as of 6:45 pm today, both tested to TestMy.Net's S.F. server with 25 MB downloads:

--3BB with my N VPN wifi router using its Open VPN UDP connection via wifi: 3.9 / 3.9 / 4.5 Mbps

--3BB direct via ethernet using my PC's Windows-based VPN PPTP Seattle connection: 65 / 66 / 63 Mbps

You compare wireless N (2.4 ghz) probably a slow router, which will bottleneck built-in-vpn-client vpn speed to 10mbits or below to PC connected with ethernet?

My previous router were MIPS cpu asus rt-n66u and it was slow in openvpn due to cpu. I could get max 10 mbit and router cpu was maxed at 99 percent.

My new router is asus ac-56u and it has dualcore arm a9 cpu, which is very very fast. I can get 50 mbits on 50 mbits connection and it can probably do 100 mbits on openvpn.

Edited by muratremix

You compare wireless N (2.4 ghz) probably a slow router, which will bottleneck built-in-vpn-client vpn speed to 10mbits or below to PC connected with ethernet?

I wasn't comparing those two vs each other. I was just posting some added VPN speed test data points, in addition to the others I'd previously posted.

Just goes to show the pretty wide range of what's possible, depending on what particular kinds of configurations are used.

Though it's true, I also tend to get much faster speeds when I'm doing the VPN at the individual PC level vs implementing it at the router level (although sometimes the latter is necessary and the only available choice when using non-VPN configurable devices such as FireTVs or Rokus).

Likewise, more often than not, PPTP connections seem to provide faster results than OpenVPN (all other details being equal), although I've had different particular set-ups in the past where that wasn't the case for some reason.

You're still comparing your weak router's openvpn client to your pc's vpn client speed.

I got 10mbit/s max on Asus rt-n66u, which was a high end router before AC routers on the market.

I got 50mbits+ on asus ac-56u with dualcore arm cpu.

your vpn provider's pptp servers could be less busy due to being less popular protocol. I'm using my own vpn installed on cloud vps server and I don't experience slow speeds with those using public / shared commercial vpn service providers.

OMG & W.T.F.? I just got this e-mail from PureVPN out of the blue:

attachicon.gifpurevpn-cncl.jpg

Sent them an e-mail. Sure enough, I can no longer log in to my PureVPN account.

Just got off of a "Live Chat" with PureVPN. Truly a frustrating waste of my time. Was told:

"That was fraud order. Our verification team did this."

and

"Our payment processor generated as fraud order that is why your account is refunded."

I have no doubt those are correct facts, i.e. that is what they did, but I of course I couldn't get any explanation WHY it was classified as fraud. My credit history is *spotless,* and ironically the $59.99 charge appeared in my online VISA statement today.

I was directed to reorder the VPN package again. A bunch of fields on the payment screen were filled in with NA and 0000000000, and IIRC correctly from the first time, those were for my billing address. However, this time when I click on them I got no prompt for what goes there. I inquired in the online chat what to put in those fields, and was ignored. Optimistically I filled in my VISA card info on the bottom and submitted it. The charge was rejected.

In that point in the chat, I was told "You may need to contact gate2shop or you may email our billing department so they will quickly assist you."

me: "And, how do I contact them?"

them: "[email protected]"

I had e-mailed that address when I first got the cancellation/refund notice eight hours ago. Apparently "quickly" assisting me does not fall into that period.

attachicon.gifc.jpg

So that we can get back to the main topic (actually using a VPN), I am happy to report that PureVPN and I have kissed and made up. clap2.gif

But, that's what I thought the first time and four days later my account was closed, so ...

PureVPN said it was their third-party credit card handler who (belatedly?) flagged my transaction as fraudulent. PureVPN asked me to send them a photo of my VISA card (I scanned it) with the last four digits and my name readable, but the rest of the info obscurred, which I did. Then they advised me to purchase a new package and assured me I'll be okay. <fingers crossed>

OMG, PureVPN decided to re-open the wounds and has begun sending me "Unpaid Invoices." I followed their instructions to the letter to open a new account and have received e-mails from Support attempting to blame me for their mistakes. <sigh....>

Around 5pm to 5:50pm today/Sunday I ran some mainly "non-VPN" tests on my new AIS Fibre 50/10 plan using Testmy.net Download Manual 100MB File Size to Singapore, LA, Frankfurt and London. Would have liked to to run the tests a lot closer in time but I kept getting interrupted by the family wanting this or that. Actually, for the London test I had to use a 50MB file size as the 100MB file size test would always fail right at the very end and I can tell it was a slow connection since it took so long....but with the 50MB file size test it worked fine. Got a slow non-VPN result of only 2Mb to London...then I did a VPN connection to London and ran the 50MB test again....got a much higher speed time time of 21.2Mb. See test results below.

100MB File Download from Singapore (non VPN)

post-55970-0-77960600-1467545303_thumb.j

100MB File Donwload from LA (non VPN)

post-55970-0-90263900-1467545318_thumb.j

100MB File Download from Frankfurt (non VPN)

post-55970-0-67174700-1467545354_thumb.j

50MB File Download from London (non VPN)...got a slow speed...maybe EU chocking connection to UK due to Leave Vote (grin))

post-55970-0-92023200-1467545365_thumb.j

50MB File Download from London (with VPN...got much higher speed than a non-VPN connection...maybe got around the EU chokepoint)

post-55970-0-79629200-1467545375_thumb.j

Congrats Pib!

Can you make real speed tests by downloading 100M files via browser?

http://www.softlayer.com/data-centers

This has lots of datacenters and 10M / 100M files for downloading.

Also, did you get shared IPv4 or dynamic IPv4?

check whatismyip or something.

Did some tests using Chrome by using Save As download command to download (non-VPN) 100MB files for above softlayer website.

At 8:33pm/Friday I downloaded a 100MB file from San Jose...download speed: 38.9Mb

At 8:36pm/Friday I downloaded a 100MB file from Singapore...download speed: 36.6Mb

At 8:40pm/Friday I downloaded a 100Mb file from London....download speed: 4.5Mb (maybe the EU is slowing down access to the UK) tongue.png

At 8:44pm/Friday I downloaded a 100Mb file from Frankfurt...download speed: 25.6Mb

Regarding the shared or dynamic IPV4 you'll have to give me more details on how to figure that out using whatismyip or similar website. The AIS website says the following it that helps:

The customer who subscribe PowerHome Package receive free Private IPv4 with DDNS* and Public IPv6. Can use port forwarding and bridge mode.

Here's what whatismyip says....I masked out the IP address to protect the innocent...but it says it's a "static" IP.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG.

Update regarding the type of IP, shared or dynamic AIS Fibre Home 50/10 is. Today/Sunday I called AIS to ask some technical questions about the TV Playbox and Router...initially got a general support rep who spoke English just fine...she said she would have Tech Support call me back within 1 to 2 hours. Well, I thought to myself that probably won't happen and Sunday probably makes it less likely the call back will happen. But within 1 hour an AIS Tech Support guy who spoke English just fine called me back...we chatted about my questions...one of them was what kind of IP address does AIS Fiber Home come with: Shared, Dynamic or Static. He quickly answered Dynamic.

You need to download 100M.zip files for real speed test. I gave you link (softlayer) for several locations you can test.

Here's the requested "real speed test" results downloading 100MB zip files (non-VPN) from Softwayer data centers at Singapore, San Jose, Frankfurt, and London at approx 7:50pm/Sunday night.

Singapore: 45.8Mb

San Jose: 30.1Mb

Frankfurt: 27.4Mb

London: 37.0Mb

Edited by Pib

why do you keep downloading small files for tests?

do the tests with 1 GB files please

Sorry...I'm not in torrenting...downloading movies, etc. Take the results as crossfeed only.

You need to download 100M.zip files for real speed test. I gave you link (softlayer) for several locations you can test.

Here's the requested "real speed test" results downloading 100MB zip files (non-VPN) from Softwayer data centers at Singapore, San Jose, Frankfurt, and London at approx 7:50pm/Sunday night.

Singapore: 45.8Mb

San Jose: 30.1Mb

Frankfurt: 27.4Mb

London: 37.0Mb

Just for gee-whizzes I used used Speedtest.net to test to Singapore, San Jose, Frankfurt, and London. And fortunately, there was a Softlayer server which I used at each of those locations.

Singapore: 50.5Mb

San Jose: 43.1Mb

Frankfurt: 42.1Mb

London: 42.4Mb

How's that for "glorious" results which Speedtest.net (an OOKLA based tester) usually gives....that why internet service providers like using OOKLA based testers

Regardless of what speedtester or downloading method you want to use and most believe in for you speedtesting, they will all give you different results.