This gym in Thailand is staffed exclusively by transgender men

webfact

Did anyone actually think they were normal?

NOT a disorder.facepalm.gif

Duh!

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/gender%20dysphoria%20fact%20sheet.pdf

Part of removing stigma is about choosing the right words. Replacing disorder with dysphoria in the diagnostic label is not only more appropriate and consistent with familiar clinical sexology terminology, it also removes the connotation that the patient is disordered. Ultimately, the changes regarding gender dysphoria in DSM-5 respect the individuals identified by offering a diagnostic name that is more appropriate to the symptoms and behaviors they experience without jeopardizing their access to effective treatment options.

Anyway, that's a U.S. source. Not informed about what's up with Thai psychiatry, and almost afraid to ask ...
Duh, what does DSM stand for?
............................,,.I can Google.

Can you Google?

It's usually faster to get your answers that way, and doesn't waste space on TV.

Try it. You'll like it.

ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1466296653.070506.jpg

I was going to say nothing as you are probably American. Try googling sarcasm.

Did you really think I didn't know? Please answer honestly.

Sarcasm without a detectible purpose is simply a poor/unskilled attempt at humor. FAIL.

More irrationally, is that you appear to be another one-track-mind American-basher. Amazing how they can work that into virtually any topic. Kudos.

Ok, ignore my question. So I was correct about your nationality, lol.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing is a sickness that seems to affect a lot of people under 40 years of age. Is it a mental disease? Probably....but as long as they don't harm anyone else no-one will bother to do anything about it.

What causes it. Maybe something in amongst the chemical crap added to the food they eat. Maybe their vegetarian.....or even worse.....vegan!

Yes, it is a mental disorder as it is in the DSM V

That prompts the age old question, what is normal?

NOT a disorder.facepalm.gif

Duh!

Part of removing stigma is about choosing the right words. Replacing disorder with dysphoria in the diagnostic label is not only more appropriate and consistent with familiar clinical sexology terminology, it also removes the connotation that the patient is disordered. Ultimately, the changes regarding gender dysphoria in DSM-5 respect the individuals identified by offering a diagnostic name that is more appropriate to the symptoms and behaviors they experience without jeopardizing their access to effective treatment options.

Anyway, that's a U.S. source. Not informed about what's up with Thai psychiatry, and almost afraid to ask ...
Duh, what does DSM stand for?
............................,,.I can Google.

Can you Google?

It's usually faster to get your answers that way, and doesn't waste space on TV.

Try it. You'll like it.

ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1466296653.070506.jpg

I was going to say nothing as you are probably American. Try googling sarcasm.

Did you really think I didn't know? Please answer honestly.

Sarcasm without a detectible purpose is simply a poor/unskilled attempt at humor. FAIL.

More irrationally, is that you appear to be another one-track-mind American-basher. Amazing how they can work that into virtually any topic. Kudos.

Ok, ignore my question. So I was correct about your nationality, lol.

Any nationality should easily be able to see the bashing addiction. Subtlety is not your forte.

I only need to know if it's safe to drop the soap in the shower there or not. Nothing else concerns me.

Your using soap in the shower? The ladyboy that does my manicure/pedicure put me on to Parrot shower gel which is softer on the skin and easier to rub on.

This whole thing is a sickness that seems to affect a lot of people under 40 years of age. Is it a mental disease? Probably....but as long as they don't harm anyone else no-one will bother to do anything about it.

What causes it. Maybe something in amongst the chemical crap added to the food they eat. Maybe their vegetarian.....or even worse.....vegan!

The content and grammar of your post suggests that you are an ignoramus.

The whole transgender thing has been around in SE Asia for a long time, it's only in recent history that it has become mainstream due to greater acceptance. In the west it was a crime to be homosexual, so LGBT people dared not reveal their true gender/sexuality. In Thailand there are so many that, apart from the odd few, most people accept them as part of life, it is the farangs who struggle to understand and accept, especially if their only experience of transgender is in one of those dubious bars!

The content and grammar of your post suggests that you are an ignoramus.

The whole transgender thing has been around in SE Asia for a long time, it's only in recent history that it has become mainstream due to greater acceptance. In the west it was a crime to be homosexual, so LGBT people dared not reveal their true gender/sexuality. In Thailand there are so many that, apart from the odd few, most people accept them as part of life, it is the farangs who struggle to understand and accept, especially if their only experience of transgender is in one of those dubious bars!

BTW, as you are criticizing others' grammar - the plural of farang is farang, no 's'!

It's not a disease in the general term of the word but it is psychological.