Hua Hin Expat Survey

Inspire

Very happy here. Live about 40 minutes from Hua Hin, nice well educated expats. None of the lowlife riffraff one finds in other resorts Feel safer here than in most other countries. Excellent government hospital with first-class facilities and doctors. Good shopping malls, first-class restaurants and some of the best hotels in Thailand. Thais are very friendly too. Nice people at the immigration Department and other government departments.
It is really a retirement place and younger people might find it a bit quiet. Limited nightlife. Not so good for swimming since the sea is very shallow. It is probably more expensive than other places and property prices are quite high. About 2 1/2 hours drive to Bangkok on a good road makes it the ideal place to live. If you like golf there are plenty of courses nearby.

... what is your monthly disposible income? ...

4 categories below "more than 40k baht" ???

- seems, HuaHin is tremendously cheap for an expat! (however, I did not get that impression during my last holiday in Hua Hin)

HH is probably the 3rd most expensive place to live in Thailand after Phuket and Samui

- seems, HuaHin is tremendously cheap for an expat! (however, I did not get that impression during my last holiday in Hua Hin)

HH is probably the 3rd most expensive place to live in Thailand after Phuket and Samui

Yes if you hang around bars and eat foreign food. If you don't then its cheap. We can buy 2 plates of Thai food for B 60 and 2 noodles for B 50. At our favourite restaurant we buy 5 dishes, without beers for B 280. It depends where you stay and your lifestyle. If you want to eat steak and drink in bars its expensive.

Very happy here. Live about 40 minutes from Hua Hin, nice well educated expats. None of the lowlife riffraff one finds in other resorts Feel safer here than in most other countries. Excellent government hospital with first-class facilities and doctors. Good shopping malls, first-class restaurants and some of the best hotels in Thailand. Thais are very friendly too. Nice people at the immigration Department and other government departments.

It is really a retirement place and younger people might find it a bit quiet. Limited nightlife. Not so good for swimming since the sea is very shallow. It is probably more expensive than other places and property prices are quite high. About 2 1/2 hours drive to Bangkok on a good road makes it the ideal place to live. If you like golf there are plenty of courses nearby.

There are 2 hospitals in Hua Hin,...witch one would be that excellent government hospital ?.. according to some friends one is good the other is to be avoided at all cost !!! .. Personally Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin saved my life a couple years ago....!?

Best regards.

Yes if you hang around bars and eat foreign food. If you don't then its cheap. We can buy 2 plates of Thai food for B 60 and 2 noodles for B 50. At our favourite restaurant we buy 5 dishes, without beers for B 280. It depends where you stay and your lifestyle. If you want to eat steak and drink in bars its expensive.

I don't drink in the bars and not everything can be based on the cost of a beer

Farang food is expensive and house rents are to, as for houses to buy some of the houses are laughingly overpriced but as I always say if people keep paying then the prices will keep going up

I don't drink in the bars and not everything can be based on the cost of a beer

Farang food is expensive and house rents are to, as for houses to buy some of the houses are laughingly overpriced but as I always say if people keep paying then the prices will keep going up

Good , it keeps the Mongers in Patts.