Wing 41 Road Sticker

Physherman

Now is the time to get your applications in for the Wing 41 road. It's very easy to do.

Get the application in the building just 300 meters on the left, in from the north side of the road, fill it out, add your housing paper, photocopies of vehicle registration, Passport, and Thai Driver's license, bring it back to the same office where you picked up your app, pay 40 baht per sticker, and wait until January 15th to go back again to get your pass.

This road is a God-send when trying to get from the Airport side of town to the North side during rush hour. It can shave 30 minutes off my driving time when I have to pick up my kids at school too! If I have to go through town it takes me 50 minutes to get them home. If I take the Wing 41 road it only takes me 20 minutes.

The Fly Fisherman

Handed in all my paperwork to the secretary a few days ago, let her fill in all the blanks too and she carried over to the Wing (with many others of us at the CMU office). Is it really that long to wait to get it (January 15)? I could use it now.

Handed in all my paperwork to the secretary a few days ago, let her fill in all the blanks too and she carried over to the Wing (with many others of us at the CMU office). Is it really that long to wait to get it (January 15)? I could use it now.

Last year, if I remember correctly, they didn't come out until some time in February. Thankfully they kept honoring the old ones. But last year they mailed out the stickers to you. The year before they mailed a card telling you to come pick them up. This year they are handing out cards with your sticker numbers on them that you have to bring in after Jan.15th. (Or so it says on the card itself. Let us pray.)

The Fly Fisherman

• 5 months later...

I attempted to use the Wing 41 Road today on my motorbike. No sticker, which has never been a problem in the past for motorbikes but today, no go. The guard indicated that one needs a sticker for a motorbike. Is this a new policy, new enforcement of an old policy, or did I just try to pass-thru on the wrong day? :o

I have a friend who's used this gate for years in and out of the airport (on his motorbike) with no sticker and no hassle. He just told me recently that for some strange reason, they were waving frantically and trying to stop him as he sailed blithely past the checkpoint. He was leaving the airport, where he had parked his bike while visiting his g/f in Sumatra. Does the term Martial Law ring a bell? Thank God the Thais are not as keen on enforcement, and trigger-happy as some other troops might be. You absolutely have to have a sticker for Wing 41. And that has always been the case. They're just enforcing it now. :o

Edited by mcgriffith

You absolutely have to have a sticker for Wing 41. And that has always been the case. They're just enforcing it now. :o

Must be. I don't use that road very often, perhaps just a handful of times per year, certainly not enough to hassle with the annual application for a sticker. Never had a problem passing through there on motorbike for the past almost fifteen years so I was surprised to get stopped today.