Video: Triple pick-up smash in Rayong on Thursday

webfact

Video: Triple pick-up smash in Rayong on Thursday

s4am.jpg
Image: Video Screen capture

RAYONG: -- A triple pick-up smash that also involved two motorcycles was caught on tape from the dash cam of another vehicle waiting to turn outside a school in Rayong yesterday.

The lead pick-up of the people waiting to turn was driven by a teacher called Thanapon, 35, who was going into the Orawin Withaya school where he works, reported Sanook.

His vehicle was hit head on by a Vigo pick-up driven by Suphachai, 40, who was coming in the opposite direction. The pick-ups ploughed into the motorcycles with students waiting behind.

Another pick-up mostly out of shot hit the debris and overturned.

Two people were seriously injured and taken to Pluak Daeng hospital.

Police are investigating the accident.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-08

!!Warning: Graphic content!!

Overtaking the lorry and had not allowed enough distance or not looked ahead.

Not sure if the truck turning right was in error as the lane markings are not clear, just a wide central lane.

Scary stuff. We are all just 1 moron away from such an incident.

Edited by jacko45k

This is all a part of life. Seeing tragic events, wondering "why them, not us" and getting more anxious about living. If we could just relax and enjoy every day, we would!!!! but we all are busy with our lives....

say a prayer for them tonight....this is the least we can do!!!

coffee1.gif (and i gave up coffee)

Hey Thai Police Wake up were where the Crash Helmets that poor little Girl does not deserve that her Mother should be Heavily Fined OHHH sorry that will never Happen in the land of frowns

Hey Thai Police Wake up were where the Crash Helmets that poor little Girl does not deserve that her Mother should be Heavily Fined OHHH sorry that will never Happen in the land of frowns

Ahem...i think you mean 'Land of Clowns'. Mickey Mouse could do a better job than the cretins who run the country.

Not sure if the truck turning right was in error as the lane markings are not clear, just a wide central lane.

It appears to me that the lead pick up, that got hit first, and waiting to do a right turn, was way over the center line and into the outside oncoming lane. The poor motorcyclists would have felt safe never-the-less tucked in behind it.

Edited by dotpoom

Just the usual consequence of building atom smashers.

A more dramatic clip would be of a head on

smash with both sides speeding at 120 km/h without any raised divider between the two opposing road lanes.

It appears to me that the lead pick up, that got hit first, and waiting to do a right turn, was way over the center line and into the outside oncoming lane. The poor motorcyclists would have felt safe never-the-less tucked in behind it.

Where do you see a centerline? If no centerline in the road the municipality should be held accountable for creating unsafe traffic conditions.

wonder if the idiot overtaking the truck was flashing his lights at the stationary car. Many drivers simply do not look any further than what is directly in front of them, if there is a pot hole or puddle of water on their side of the road they simply swerve to the opposite side without even checking to see if there is a car there or indicating and slowing down, I dont know how many times the mirror on my car has been hit by these idiots. Here we see the typical impatient driver speeding and not bothering to check for clearance before over taking, nothing new for anyone that spends time driving here, its very typical of the driver mentality in Thailand

Where do you see a centerline? If no centerline in the road the municipality should be held accountable for creating unsafe traffic conditions.

Watched the video on TV this morning,, there is a very clear centerline and the truck was way over center at an angle into both his lane and the oncoming lane. Typical stupid local driver.

Then close all U turns forever & make some Roundabouts. Heavy fines for mobile use, no undertaking. On the spot imprisonment for drink driving, no children allowed on motorcycles. The list goes on..

It will never never happen!

The white lines in the road look very poor. Surely better lines at the entrance to a school are called for . Just as well the girl in the pink was no closer to the teachers car.

Why did the one that caused all the problems not see the car turning into the school , looking for a packet of crisps on the floor ? Love to hear his excuse for crap driving.

Horrible accident - thankfully mother with a girl look unhurted apart shocking but I am more concerned about another lady. I think she was hit twice with in a fraction of the second. Pray she will be recovered well. Safety is a question.

I think the guy turning was too far into the oncoming traffic lane. They do it all the time on u turns, stick their nose about 1-2 metres into oncoming traffic hoping someone will stop. Drives me nuts.

You're right, 1 moron away, a scary thought indeed.

Only thing I would say is the the vehicle turning right was hanging over in the lane of the oncoming traffic. All it takes is for the oncoming vehicle driver to look away for a second and this is what happens. Also, the motorbike riders wearing no helmets, really stupid.

So, as much as I don't want to assign blame if the pick up stayed in his lane waiting to turn this probably would not have happened.

Thai drivers do "creep" a lot encroaching slowly on oncoming traffic in a hope to eventually muscle their way along without any consideration of the possible consequences such as this. Careless driving, poor training and frankly lack of common sense and consideration are so often the cause of so many accidents. i just hope everybody is alright, the people on motorbikes with their kids were particularly vulnerable, especially with no helmets on.

Maybe one day the country will wake up and reform it's driving license policy and enforcement of the law on the roads, I won't hold my breath though, nothing has changed in the 5 years I have been here, and other people who have been here longer has said it has always been this way.

Thai's do not like change and rarely seem to do anything other then provide lip service.

Notice the first two guys to race to help went straight to inspect the damage on the vehicles. The woman and her daughter were completely ignored (until the third person in the frame arrived - well done that man for looking after the welfare of the child), as were the people in the pickups. Maybe after a spotter's fee from the repairer? (Joking)

White pickup would seem to be going way too fast for a school zone, while dark pickup was clearly over the centre line - a small part of a lane marker is evident after the crash, between the bike and white pickup. As one poster said above, Thai drivers have a goddam terrible habit of creeping their vehicles into the path of other vehicles - it frightens the hail out of me at times.

With the increase in car vdo cameras, these incidents are going to be documented everyday. But please don't post every single one here as it just invites the people who live in Thailand but hate Thais to vent their racial hatred.

yup he/she was almost halfway into the oncoming lane couple that with the driver oncoming on a mobile phone not looking where he was going and the result, just guessing about the mobile phone but I can think of no other reason, witnessed two other such collisions first hand and both were caused by mobile phone use. As already noted not one of them wearing a helmet

This is all a part of life. Seeing tragic events, wondering "why them, not us" and getting more anxious about living. If we could just relax and enjoy every day, we would!!!! but we all are busy with our lives....

say a prayer for them tonight....this is the least we can do!!!

coffee1.gif (and i gave up coffee)

What are you talking about ..?

I think the guy turning was too far into the oncoming traffic lane. They do it all the time on u turns, stick their nose about 1-2 metres into oncoming traffic hoping someone will stop. Drives me nuts.

And then there are the drivers with a negativ IQ,

which overtake in the fast lane the U-turn waiting queue and then make a U-turn in the second or third row.

Obstructing the view for others, braking on the fast track down to 5 km/h, constitute a barrier to the following cars and frequently the rear end of there vehicles extends into the fast lane.

Drives me nuts too.

When will these idiots ever learn? None of them had a crash helmet, including that poor kid! I don't care if the adults want to play Russian roulette with their lives, but that kid! Thank goodness she's ok. At least she seemed so in the video.