congratulations brexit voters

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said the UK's decision to leave the European Union has "thrown a spanner in the works" of its global growth forecast.

Instead of predicting 3.2% growth in 2016, the IMF's World Economic Outlook (WEO) now expects only 3.1%.

It says the UK will be the worst affected of all the advanced economies.

Its 2017 UK growth forecast has been slashed from 2.2% to 1.3% and this year's has been cut from 1.9% to 1.7%.

The IMF's global growth forecast for 2017 has also been revised down from 3.5% to 3.4%.

Before the referendum vote on 23 June, the IMF says that the global economy had been showing promising signs of growth.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG

, Have you never been informed of a democratic Vote .

GBP @ 45 bht , this is the new Norm . Stand up and be counted man .

by allowing morons to vote on something they know nothing about has made a mockery of democracy.

and cameron by allowing this to happen should be regarded as the biggest terrorist the world has ever known

Yep. The clueless racist sheep have done a great job.

The U.K is down the toilet.

Yes buts it our own toilet and not an EU one cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

and on a final note the racist sheep got out of bed to vote, Baaaa Baaaa cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

by allowing morons to vote on something they know nothing about has made a mockery of democracy.

So, who should be taking all the big decisions? The unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats in Brussels?

And surely the morons mass of British people know far better the impact of European Union policies (particularly on immigration) than politicians in their isolated and privileged bubbles.

As Churchill said: “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others”.

Too bad, op. As an ardent leaver (the kind you deride as moronic), on the one hand I hope the UK does in fact seriously tank so that you fall on hard times as your pension takes a hit. For one it gets up the lemmings' nose, but I would rather the UK be broke and captain of its own destiny than be dragged around like a poodle.

But I wouldn't pay much attention to the IMF; bunch of self-serving nonces who routinely get it wrong. It might be tight at first but there'll be bilateral trades left, right and centre after the out. If you're a real Briton, what you should be focusing on is how to take the country forward rather than whine like a child on a public forum in a foreign country.

OMG

and cameron by allowing this to happen should be regarded as the biggest terrorist the world has ever known

The people who voted out did not do so because of finance. They did so because of the effects of immigration.

OMG

The people who voted out did not do so because of finance. They did so because of the effects of immigration.

Wrong. Immigration was just one of a whole raft of reasons to get out.

OMG

Mummy ,mummy , someone has thrown my dummy out of my pram .,i think it was a moron , and i am so imtelimgent .laugh.png

OMG

"allowing morons to vote on something they know nothing about has made a mockery of democracy."

There is something not quite right about that sentence oh you superior being. I think you would fit in very well in the North Korean society.

I wonder how long it'll take before the gloating brexiteers realise they've been duped, and none of what they thought they voted for is going to happen?

Well then, give use some of your EU lapdog wisdom and please tell us Brexiters what we voted for,,,,and before you get on your Immigration Horse I think immigration is a good thing...When its controlled

I wonder how long it'll take before the gloating brexiteers realise they've been duped, and none of what they thought they voted for is going to happen?

And I wonder how long it will take for the bremainers to stop whinging, long live democracy.

Edited by vogie

You are an insolent poster saying that people who dont share your point of view are morons, what a stupid statement to make, your card is marked as a shallow thinker, you are not the only however who thinks that only people of a certain intelligence should be allowed to vote, explain how democracy works in your world, I am sure we would all like to know.

A MORI poll in the express yesterday said that 59% of voters expected the quality of life financially who be difficult for the next 5 years ( 2 of which would be in the EU ) but that they expected the middle to long term view ( 10-20 years ), which is very difficult for morons to look that far forward to be worth it in the long run.

I always thought that things would go down after the vote, sure most people thought that would be the case as the markets do not like uncertainty, when the way forward becomes clearer then stability will return to the markets.

The IMF view is purely speculative, as any views on the future are concerned and the track record of the IMF on its views of what we can expect are not good.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said the UK's decision to leave the European Union has "thrown a spanner in the works" of its global growth forecast.

Its 2017 UK growth forecast has been slashed from 2.2% to 1.3% and this year's has been cut from 1.9% to 1.7%.

And yet, again according to the IMF, the UK is still perform better than France and Germany:

"Germany is expected to record a 1.6% growth in 2016 and a 1.2% growth in 2017. France will see growth of 1.5% and 1.2% in 2016 and 2017 respectively."

Source: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/imf-cuts-uks-economic-growth-forecast-britain-will-still-perform-better-germany-france-1571485

Edited by Oxx

OMG

Did I really only vote on those grounds? Thank you for telling me.

Can you also tell me how many people who voted for a Brexit you have interviewed and exactly what those questions were? Interviews to the nearest 100 people and no less than 5 questions will do.

You really have no idea of the reasons that over 17 million people voted for a Brexit.

I voted for Brexit for the future of my son, his wife and my grandchildren.

I understood at the time that the UK economy would lose in the short term, but that in the long term it will be better.

Unlimited immigration also featured on my list but a long way down it.

OMG

I thought the whole point of democracy was 'morons' (and everyone else) could vote.

Yep. The clueless racist sheep have done a great job.

The U.K is down the toilet.

Yes buts it our own toilet and not an EU one cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

and on a final note the racist sheep got out of bed to vote, Baaaa Baaaa cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

i think that there no such thing as a british made toilet pan. don't they all come from 'villeroy & boche' 'american standard' or 'geberit'?

could be wrong, it's been a while since i' ve taken a piss in england.

but perhaps that will all have to change now...

And I wonder how long it will take for the bremainers to stop whinging, long live democracy.

You took the words out of my mouth

OMG

I thought the whole point of democracy was 'morons' (and everyone else) could vote.

The whole point of 'Parliamentary' demcracy is that the views of all may be considered, not shouted down by an ill informed, and in anycase lied too, mob.

Though Hitler, Musollini and Franco might disagree with me.

Yes, ling live democracy and the right of those supporting Remain to continue to do so, continue to argue and lobby for remain in the face of a non legally binding referrendum result that was founded on lies and, in no small part, on racism and xenophobia.

So we agrree, long live democracy !

You are an insolent poster saying that people who dont share your point of view are morons, what a stupid statement to make, your card is marked as a shallow thinker, you are not the only however who thinks that only people of a certain intelligence should be allowed to vote, explain how democracy works in your world, I am sure we would all like to know.

A MORI poll in the express yesterday said that 59% of voters expected the quality of life financially who be difficult for the next 5 years ( 2 of which would be in the EU ) but that they expected the middle to long term view ( 10-20 years ), which is very difficult for morons to look that far forward to be worth it in the long run.

I always thought that things would go down after the vote, sure most people thought that would be the case as the markets do not like uncertainty, when the way forward becomes clearer then stability will return to the markets.

The IMF view is purely speculative, as any views on the future are concerned and the track record of the IMF on its views of what we can expect are not good.

The track record of the IMF includes bailing out the UK economy the last time the British made a mess of it.

OMG

The whole point of 'Parliamentary' demcracy is that the views of all may be considered, not shouted down by an ill informed, and in anycase lied too, mob.

Thats an interesting slant on democracy, oh, I think 52% of the UK would disagree with you also.

Farage himself said that 52% against would be a reason to fight on regardless.

Personally I'm not sure brexit will ever happen. It'll get passed around like a political hot potato until an excuse presents itself to forget the whole thing somehow.

OMG

And who decided what "ill informed" means?

However well informed or not you are is not the issue, everyone on the electoral roll has the option to vote, how they make their mind up is up to them, you or I might try an influence them but then its up to the individual to weigh things up for themselves and cast their vote or not.

The Court case will not be won by the bad losers, the implications for the future do bear thinking about.

However well informed or not you are is not the issue, everyone on the electoral roll has the option to vote, how they make their mind up is up to them, you or I might try an influence them but then its up to the individual to weigh things up for themselves and cast their vote or not.

The Court case will not be won by the bad losers, the implications for the future do bear thinking about.

Ill informed is not a decision, though it was definite decision by the leaders of the Brexit campaign to misinform, lie and use racism and xenophobia in their campaign.

They, the Brexit leaders have all fled the scene and their lies are tunmling one after another.

PM May is showing no eagerness to sign Article 50 and has cunningly put an idiot (former Brexit leader and proven liar) in charge of dealing with the 'international community' while putting her rival (and Brexiteer) in charge of explaining Brexit to the UK's most powerful lobby group, the UK's farmers.

If I wee a Brexiteer I might start to worry that the non legally binding referrendum result is going to lead nowhere.

Which is precisely why the Brexit leaders have fled the scene.

The most you can hope for is a right wing onslaught on worker's rights, welfare and the NHS.

Victory?!

Ill informed is not a decision, though it was definite decision by the leaders of the Brexit campaign to misinform, lie and use racism and xenophobia in their campaign.

They, the Brexit leaders have all fled the scene and their lies are tunmling one after another.

PM May is showing no eagerness to sign Article 50 and has cunningly put an idiot (former Brexit leader and proven liar) in charge of dealing with the 'international community' while putting her rival (and Brexiteer) in charge of explaining Brexit to the UK's most powerful lobby group, the UK's farmers.

If I wee a Brexiteer I might start to worry that the non legally binding referrendum result is going to lead nowhere.

Which is precisely why the Brexit leaders have fled the scene.

The most you can hope for is a right wing onslaught on worker's rights, welfare and the NHS.

Victory?!

Well summed up GH. This still has a long way to run and is not over yet.

We can only hope for the sakes of our grand children that the recent non binding Euro opinion poll result is not carried out.