Pattaya Police Given Deadline for Extortion Investigation

webfact

Can someone show me a case were a police officer has been jailed in thailand.I have searched and cannot find one.

Google:"Pongpat, DSI, prison"

That's only 1 in a force of many, many thousands, but it'll do for starters. Why not 'go for broke' and give everyone more Google names to back up your lonely example.

Can someone show me a case were a police officer has been jailed in thailand.I have searched and cannot find one.

That's only 1 in a force of many, many thousands, but it'll do for starters. Why not 'go for broke' and give everyone more Google names to back up your lonely example.

He said he couldn´t find one case. If you know so much about the subject, why you don´t enlighten us with more names and cases?

Case closed... they have been transfer and that is that, that how they punish rouge policemen in this country,

some other country they name and shame, jail sentences, banished to the gulags of obscurity and

soon forgotten, not here, inactive post and than to another region like nothing happened.....

I think you're wrong, especially in this case. Apparently the Keystone Kops failed to do their homework and picked on somebody who was a personal friend of the top cop. By trying to extort his friend they "broke his face," and he's going to get revenge for that. It's also not true that moving them to an inactive post is normally the end of things. One reason you might get that impression is that Thailand has very draconian defamation and contempt of court laws, and media generally don't risk publishing anything once a case has gone to court.

Why give "deadlines" ?

Let the Police do their job without "time" pressure.

Or are the "deadlines" to sweep this mess "under the carpet" quicker ?

Pity the "Red Bull" cop killers' case wasn't given a "deadline".

... without pressure. Yeah, right.

I think the purpose of the deadline is to prevent some of his more powerful subordinates, in the chain of command between him and the cops accused, from messing with things "for the honor os the Department." It shows everybody that he's watching this case and isn't going to let it be swept under any rug. In the US, letting the authorities "do their job without 'time' pressure" is why it is so rare for policemen to be punished for any wrongdoing. In Chicago, letting the prosecutor do her job without time pressure led to the video of the Chicago cop shooting Laquan stay hidden for over a year, and she would have kept it hidden if a court hadn't given her a time limit to release it.

Case closed... they have been transfer and that is that, that how they punish rouge policemen in this country,

some other country they name and shame, jail sentences, banished to the gulags of obscurity and

soon forgotten, not here, inactive post and than to another region like nothing happened.....

I think you're wrong, especially in this case. Apparently the Keystone Kops failed to do their homework and picked on somebody who was a personal friend of the top cop. By trying to extort his friend they "broke his face," and he's going to get revenge for that. It's also not true that moving them to an inactive post is normally the end of things. One reason you might get that impression is that Thailand has very draconian defamation and contempt of court laws, and media generally don't risk publishing anything once a case has gone to court.

Surely if someone has been taken to court, tried, and found guilty, and sentenced, there is no reason why that verdict should not become public knowledge?

He said he couldn´t find one case. If you know so much about the subject, why you don´t enlighten us with more names and cases?

Sorry, my post was in response to 'hanuman2543', and not 'Thomas Hannah'. Pongpat was the only name I could recall, and it's rumoured his demise was politically motivated and a publicity show. I can't name any others, can you?

http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/news/245110241.html?mobile=true

for more see my post above or is the "Blue Diamond Case" too political as well? If you want more cases have a look yourself.

Edited by hanuman2543