Irishman who butchered Thai woman jailed for stabbing ex girlfriend in Dublin

Jonathan Fairfield

He went to Thailand and was charged with killing woman.. he got home and tried to do same to me

post-137452-0-24360600-1469235172_thumb.

Evil psycho Denis Leahy allegedly butchered a prostitute to death in Thailand before going on the run and savagely stabbing his former partner.

The brute was sentenced to 14 years yesterday after pleading guilty last month to the attempted murder of his ex-girlfriend Rose Kenny.

Leahy knifed the mother of one 22 times as she made her way to work at a creche in Dublin’s North inner city on September 23, 2014.

The 50-year-old, who dated her for two years in 2002, is reported to have bought his way out of jail in Thailand in 2006 after allegedly stabbing the prostitute.

-- Irish Mirror

Relatively sane people like most of us will never be able to understand what makes psychopaths like this creep tick. All we can be is very grateful he is off the streets. Men who prey on women, and get a thrill out of causing other people pain, and ultimately death, have no right to breathe the same oxygen we do. Most of us work hard, contribute to society in positive ways, and pay for our way. Worms like this guy, do not. They just suck air, and deprive people of their lives and their dreams, and their hopes and aspirations. They strip the families of the victims of their hope along the way. May he suffer much, and may a pox fall upon his family.

Relatively sane people like most of us will never be able to understand what makes psychopaths like this creep tick. All we can be is very grateful he is off the streets. Men who prey on women, and get a thrill out of causing other people pain, and ultimately death, have no right to breathe the same oxygen we do. Most of us work hard, contribute to society in positive ways, and pay for our way. Worms like this guy, do not. They just suck air, and deprive people of their lives and their dreams, and their hopes and aspirations. They strip the families of the victims of their hope along the way. May he suffer much, and may a pox fall upon his family.

I recently watched a documentary, where one of the characteristics of a psychopath is given as the total lack of any conscience.

On November 2006 he was in police custody for allegedly confessing to murdering an Udon women, somehow

he ended being released, again thanks to the Thai police, he vanished....

He must have offered the right amount of money to the police for his release. As we all Know money talks in Thailand. You never see wealthy people go to jail unless it is political

Clearly this is a person who should rot in prison, never to be released.

The Thai government should investigate the circumstances of his release and consider what evidence they have, and whether he is the prime suspect.

Personally my views are that he is the prime suspect he should be extradited to face trial in Thailand (under an agreement that he would not be executed), then returned to Ireland to do his 14 years after serving his sentence in Thailand.

Wonderfully said,.....but it still amazes me that people like that can buy there way out of jail after that horrible murder in Bangkok.

Best regards.

Edited by off road pat

On November 2006 he was in police custody for allegedly confessing to murdering an Udon women, somehow

He must have offered the right amount of money to the police for his release. As we all Know money talks in Thailand. You never see wealthy people go to jail unless it is political

Approximately a 30 000 Euro,...if you read the article.....

Is that a new type of neck massage? Ouch.

It's a variation of the grip called the "C spanner" which is a pressure point near the jawbone of the Mastoid nerve, it's very painful and it looks as if it's needed with this guy, he looks very powerful!! sad.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gif

Here's the original story of the Pattaya murder.

"Then I went round the back and saw Mr Denis jump out of a second-floor window, and jump on to a Yahama motorcycle and drive off." Cops found the suspected murder weapon, a bloodstained Army-style machete, in the room where Bupha's body was."

- http://www.thefreelibrary.com/BLOODBATH+IN+SIN+CITY%3B+CABBIE+FACES+DEATH+PENALTY+Irishman+charged...-a0154724592

I have often tried to get inside the heads of these people but for the love of me I just can't.

Just as well.

If this person is indeed a psychopath and you are a 'normal' person, you probably can't get 'inside his head', though he may very well be able to get inside yours. It appears that, unlike the rest of us, psychopaths lack a natural empathic response to others and a somewhat flattened emotional response to external events. There are probably brain structure factors behind these things. What's interesting is that they can turn empathic/emotional responses 'on' if they want, which is why some psychopaths can come across as quite charming and why they can be so hard to detect until it's too late.

Quite amazing what one can do here with a million baht or so. My sense of it is that nearly any official or policeman can be bought for that amount. it is no wonder the wealthy, the connected, the elite, and the powerful never go to jail. They occasionally get charged, but never seem to pass go.

I hope as an 'spin off' of this event that the circumstances surrounding his release in 2006 are investigated and the appropriate policemen devoid of any human compassion are thrown in the slammer. There will be a couple of slightly nervous BiB in Bangkok at the moment.

I can't fathom how a young girl is butchered with a machete and the clearly guilty party says "i will give you a million baht if you just let me go' and the police say 'ok'. Anyone with an ounce of human compassion would have ensured this guy remained locked-up in a Thai prison for life. It is the worst kind of indictment on this nation.

Edited by Andaman Al

Quite amazing what one can do here with a million baht or so. My sense of it is that nearly any official or policeman can be bought for that amount. it is no wonder the wealthy, the connected, the elite, and the powerful never go to jail. They occasionally get charged, but never seem to pass go.

You might be quiet right in that statement, if a individual Policeman is not corruptible he's superior will be...but the further you go in the chain of justice the prices will be higher...

On the other hand I have heard of incorruptible policemen in Thailand, in some rare cases, but existing...there are some cases were the perpetrator of a illegal act was send to justice for corruption too, and the money they used to bribe was used as evidence..!!! A cynical observer would say they offered not enough !?!?!

Best regards.