Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

3 minutes ago, tropicany24 said:

Hi guys! Sorry if my question is silly. I just got my 5 year Visa at CW immigration in Bangkok a couple months ago. I live on Koh Samui. Do I understand it correctly that I can do my 90-day reports here on the island, no problem? TIA

Yes you can do your 90 day reports in Samui.

They may want proof of residence for there to do them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MartinBKK said:

I live in CM. Do I have to do my reports in CM or can I do them in BKK?

You have to do your 90 day reports to the office for where you are living. If you used your CM address on the TM47 form it would be rejected in Bangkok.

You can do your reports online or by mail as well as in person.

Sorry if this has been posted before. I might have missed it ... 

From the Elite website:

At this stage, Thailand Elite received a very warm welcome by our new members, 716 for the last twelve months and we are expecting even higher number for the next twelve months. With these new numbers arising, we have been instructed by Immigration Bureau to concentrate our express airport service particularly at the immigration counter designate for Thailand Elite member only. However, we are truly aware that your family members and your guests is important to you, and we have done the best we could to serve you and yours accompany recently.

With this instruction from the Immigration Bureau, we have no choice but to comply with, hence, we are sorry to inform you that, we are not able to provide the express airport service toward yours accompany.

Lastly, please be informed that this new procedure will be effective on February 1, 2017.

12 hours ago, DUS said:

Sorry if this has been posted before. I might have missed it ... 

From the Elite website:

At this stage, Thailand Elite received a very warm welcome by our new members, 716 for the last twelve months and we are expecting even higher number for the next twelve months. With these new numbers arising, we have been instructed by Immigration Bureau to concentrate our express airport service particularly at the immigration counter designate for Thailand Elite member only. However, we are truly aware that your family members and your guests is important to you, and we have done the best we could to serve you and yours accompany recently.

With this instruction from the Immigration Bureau, we have no choice but to comply with, hence, we are sorry to inform you that, we are not able to provide the express airport service toward yours accompany.

Lastly, please be informed that this new procedure will be effective on February 1, 2017.

Is it really that serious?  That kind of negates the benefit, doesn't it?  How much longer does it take to process an extra person or even 3 people?  Is the express line service that busy?

So then when you arrive to the airport, the terminal shuttle can still take everyone to immigration, but only TE members can use express line and the others must use the regular line?   I'm just trying to get a clearer picture of how this plays out.

Is it really that serious?  That kind of negates the benefit, doesn't it?  How much longer does it take to process an extra person or even 3 people?  Is the express line service that busy?

So then when you arrive to the airport, the terminal shuttle can still take everyone to immigration, but only TE members can use express line and the others must use the regular line?   I'm just trying to get a clearer picture of how this plays out.

I think it negates the benefit if other people are getting it without paying.

I can understand the odd guy or 2 going through with his wife but how p1ssed off would you be if you were stood behind 6 guys, only 1 of which has a TE card & all travel to Thailand on a pretty regular basis so take a bit longer for the IO to process.

One of my mates pays for the Premium Airport Service https://www.bangkokflightservices.com/home/bfs-services/premium-airport-services/ but I don't expect to go through the fast track queue with him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB300 said:

I think it negates the benefit if other people are getting it without paying.

I can understand the odd guy or 2 going through with his wife but how p1ssed off would you be if you were stood behind 6 guys, only 1 of which has a TE card […]

The newsletter said “we have been instructed by Immigration Bureau”, so it does not sound like TE themselves have a problem with this.

If there was a problem with crowding, they could limit it to one person, and even one person who is a Thai national, which I assume would make most members happy.

• Like 1

The newsletter said “we have been instructed by Immigration Bureau”, so it does not sound like TE themselves have a problem with this.

If there was a problem with crowding, they could limit it to one person, and even one person who is a Thai national, which I assume would make most members happy.

I think it should be Member + Thai Partner [You wouldn't buy a TE for your Thai partner but could do for a non-Thai partner]

Nb... Doesn't help at all as my partner is a Filipina but I always have the option of buying her a TE membership if it came to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2016 at 6:58 AM, JB300 said:

I think it should be Member + Thai Partner [You wouldn't buy a TE for your Thai partner but could do for a non-Thai partner]

Nb... Doesn't help at all as my partner is a Filipina but I always have the option of buying her a TE membership if it came to it.

Thai partner or a partner that has a visa and resides in Thailand. 

Seems like while other countries are trying to lure wealthy foreigners by improving services and easing visa requirements, Thailand tries to make things harder and/or cut services. I mean was that really necessary to not allow a spouse or kids also through the express lane? How many TE members come with a normal flight? 1 - 5? Heck when I travel to Europe with my GF who just has a tourist visa, she can come with me through the Europeans-only counter and is welcomed with a smile. Last time I flew with her to Thailand (reverse situation), they wouldn't let me queue with her at the Thai counter and the IO was pretty rude to me. Feels backwards. If it felt like I could build a secure future in Thailand and see that problems are being solved, I'd be happy to shell out 1M THB for a long term visa. But the way things are going...

Seems like while other countries are trying to lure wealthy foreigners by improving services and easing visa requirements, Thailand tries to make things harder and/or cut services. I mean was that really necessary to not allow a spouse or kids also through the express lane? How many TE members come with a normal flight? 1 - 5? Heck when I travel to Europe with my GF who just has a tourist visa, she can come with me through the Europeans-only counter and is welcomed with a smile. Last time I flew with her to Thailand (reverse situation), they wouldn't let me queue with her at the Thai counter and the IO was pretty rude to me. Feels backwards. If it felt like I could build a secure future in Thailand and see that problems are being solved, I'd be happy to shell out 1M THB for a long term visa. But the way things are going...

I agree but this is an issue with Thai immigration. Thai elite doesn't want the problem but I concur it makes their program less enticing.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 1

Conversely it is the less than welcoming nature of the thai immigration authorities that make visas such as this a viable business. So it is a double edged sword I would say.

After a period of time having one I would say it is pretty clear this isn't the rich man solution. One complaint I have is they don't operate out of Don Mueang, and that is fair enough. However they could still offer the "limo" service to those going there whether or not they are able to use the fast track service.

My other annoyance with the product is many banks, immigration officials and others don't even know what it is. I was held up by immigration insisting I needed a re-entry permit.

I did my 90 day report on my own last time and the woman at the desk couldn't recognize the PE stamp.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I wanted to clarify an issue, so I sent an e-mail to Thailand Elite with the following question:

My wife is a Thai citizen, born in Thailand, and is also a naturalized US citizen for the past several years, and has both Thai and US passports.  When she enters Thailand, she uses her Thai passport.  We will leave the country together and return together, on the same flight.  If I become a member of Thailand Elite, can she still use the airport services if she is not a member but travels with me?  I want to be sure we are not separated during the airport process if she travels with me.

This is the response I received:

"Greeting from Thailand Elite …

Refer to your inquires please kindly inform you as follow;

1.       Applicant who will be able to apply Thailand Elite’s member must be a foreigner only.

2.       According to our policy concerning the fast track service at the airport that is restricted for Thailand Elite member only. The effective date will be on the 1st of February 2017. Therefore we cannot provide Airport service for who is not Thailand Elite member accordingly. We humbly ask for your kind understanding with this matter that it is an official instruction by Immigration Bureau which we have to follow. It actually has no effect to our service provided to Thailand Elite member and in fact, it is a benefit for us to specifically focus on providing the best service to our valued members."

Therefore, my Thai wife is not eligible for the program, and cannot accompany me through the airport fast track service, or presumably the transportation service.  There is no provision for a guest.  Thus, I would not use the airport fast track and transportation service, which makes the program less valuable for me.  I'm certain there are others in this situation.  I asked whether she could pay for the service and they haven't responded yet.  When they do, I'll post the response here.

1 hour ago, James2020 said:

and in fact, it is a benefit for us to specifically focus on providing the best service to our valued members.

How nice. Now they don't have to worry about spouses etc free-riding and can focus on getting more cash as family members are required to also become Thai Elite members.

PS: at about 1200 - 1500 THB per person one can book online fast track service without being Thai Elite member. Maybe those services lobbied a bit? :)

I don't understand the logic of refusing to allow Thai wives to accompany members thru the immigration formalities at the airport. It costs them nothing at all and hardly takes any extra time. I could understand refusing to allow multiple guests or possibly even foreign wives.  I very rarely travel alone so the fast track facilities are now of no value to me whatsoever.

5 hours ago, MartinBKK said:

I don't understand the logic of refusing to allow Thai wives to accompany members thru the immigration formalities at the airport […]

As I wrote in 368, and what is also clear from the reply they gave above, this refusal is due to a requirement by the Immigration Bureau, it is not a business decision by TE, who would probably prefer to still allow it.

As to why the Immigration Bureau does not allow it, most likely too many applications were sent their way relative to the compensation they receive. TE did mention the increase in member numbers as the reason for why they have to discontinue this service.

Has anyone clarified the ownership of the TE program?  I get that it's a private company, but is there *any* official relationship with immigration?

It's scary to me that immigration can restrict services provided by TE.  By that logic couldn't they also prevent TE from filing 90 day reports on behalf of members in the future, or *gasp* modify the 1 year entry to 3 months?  

i understand the frustration with the policy of TE member only for the fast track.  that said, if the traveling partner is thai, wouldn't they get through the thai immigration line pretty quick ?  i've traveled with thai's in the past and that has been my experience.  i'm not a TE member so not sure what else they might do in terms of 'airport service'.  maybe a cart pick up at the gate ?

• Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 9:21 PM, James2020 said:

I wanted to clarify an issue, so I sent an e-mail to Thailand Elite with the following question:

My wife is a Thai citizen, born in Thailand, and is also a naturalized US citizen for the past several years, and has both Thai and US passports.  When she enters Thailand, she uses her Thai passport.  We will leave the country together and return together, on the same flight.  If I become a member of Thailand Elite, can she still use the airport services if she is not a member but travels with me?  I want to be sure we are not separated during the airport process if she travels with me.

This is the response I received:

"Greeting from Thailand Elite …

Refer to your inquires please kindly inform you as follow;

1.       Applicant who will be able to apply Thailand Elite’s member must be a foreigner only.

2.       According to our policy concerning the fast track service at the airport that is restricted for Thailand Elite member only. The effective date will be on the 1st of February 2017. Therefore we cannot provide Airport service for who is not Thailand Elite member accordingly. We humbly ask for your kind understanding with this matter that it is an official instruction by Immigration Bureau which we have to follow. It actually has no effect to our service provided to Thailand Elite member and in fact, it is a benefit for us to specifically focus on providing the best service to our valued members."

Therefore, my Thai wife is not eligible for the program, and cannot accompany me through the airport fast track service, or presumably the transportation service.  There is no provision for a guest.  Thus, I would not use the airport fast track and transportation service, which makes the program less valuable for me.  I'm certain there are others in this situation.  I asked whether she could pay for the service and they haven't responded yet.  When they do, I'll post the response here.

I received the following responses from Thailand Elite:

"Sorry for late respond, we have sent your inquires about using service to our management team. Finally, they informed that we have to comply with immigration rule by reservation fast track and Airport Service only for Thailand Elite member. Moreover, they do not accept the extra charge for using fast track service. However, for transfer service we allow your wife join you together in limousine."

"Good morning, firstly thank you for your kind understand for this situation. Due to limit Electric cart at the Airport which reserve only Thailand Elite Member, therefore we will not allow guest to join with our member. However, our staff at the Airport will allow you and your wife join together if the electric cart is available on that time."

Therefore, although my Thai wife cannot join the program and cannot go through the TE immigration desk (and they do not allow for the separate purchase of this service), they will allow her to use the electric cart, but only if a seat is available, and she can accompany me in the car.  Note that this is to take effect 1 Feb 2017.  Take this into account in your decision about joining the program.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stray said:

Arrived back into Thailand yesterday, with my Thai girlfriend.

As ThaiElite have stated, immigration service is not available to non members.  That is not their decision but an immigration department ruling.  However, all other services (meet-and-greet (golf cart -  one drop off to Thai national immigration + one drop off to fast track) and BMW limo service) are available to both members and their guests.

3 hours ago, James2020 said:

Therefore, although my Thai wife cannot join the program and cannot go through the TE immigration desk (and they do not allow for the separate purchase of this service), they will allow her to use the electric cart, but only if a seat is available, and she can accompany me in the car.  Note that this is to take effect 1 Feb 2017.  Take this into account in your decision about joining the program.

This is a fair conclusion.  The bottleneck would mainly be at immigration arrivals (or departures).  But if the persons you are waiting on are of Thai nationality, then they would normally go through quickly anyway.

17 hours ago, orlandian said:

Got this in the response from the Elite when I requested information for a new application. Posting here in case it might help someone.

*Important Notice* Please read thoroughly;

·         Elite Visa is categorized under Tourist Visa which does not allow the holder to legally apply work permit to work in Thailand.

·         Non-Immigrant Visa must be cancelled before Elite Visa is validated. 

This is good info to know and I actually suspected as much.  Surprised the TE representative didn't return to this thread and mention this.  In fact, the OP should be amended to state this fact.  

Now it doesn't make the TE visa worthless, but the 500,000 baht question is why didn't they make the visa have non-immigrant status to begin with?  Or have an option that can allow a version of TE to be issued as a non-immigrant visa?

I suspect there might be some who are running a business or considering doing so and have the TE visa.  According to this, they would have to forfeit their remaining elite visa and switch to non-immigrant B or O (if married to a Thai for example) before applying for a work permit.  Or have 2 different passports.

Or maybe you can cancel the TE temporarily and if there is still time remaining on your membership and you wish to switch back, you may do so.

The Thai Elite membership giving a tourist visa is something that I've never understood. It should have been Non-Imm O with the possibility of easily obtaining a work permit. I have thought about what reason they could have and the only thing that came to my mind is that they want to prevent people from obtaining permanent residency or citizenship too easily because with a tourist visa you can't.

"Sorry for late respond, we have sent your inquires about using service to our management team. Finally, they informed that we have to comply with immigration rule by reservation fast track and Airport Service only for Thailand Elite member. Moreover, they do not accept the extra charge for using fast track service. However, for transfer service we allow your wife join you together in limousine."
"Good morning, firstly thank you for your kind understand for this situation. Due to limit Electric cart at the Airport which reserve only Thailand Elite Member, therefore we will not allow guest to join with our member. However, our staff at the Airport will allow you and your wife join together if the electric cart is available on that time."

IMHO I believe you should be allowed to go through the Fast Track with your Thai wife, I understand why I might not be allowed with my Filipina but I always have the option to buy her a TE but can't see anybody doing that if their partner is Thai.

Hopefully you can go through the Fast Track & your wife can go through the Thai channel so you still get value from the Visa (obviously you have other options for a long term stay).