Stop this! Immigrants using young children to bait and annoy Pattaya tourists

webfact

Stop this! Immigrants using young children to bait and annoy Pattaya tourists

p2.jpg

Image: Sanook

PATTAYA: -- Business owners in Walking Street, Pattaya, contacted reporters to help stop immigrants in the area who are using young children to bait foreign tourists.

The people "from neighboring counties" have children with them who are encouraged to run up to tourists and grab them by the hips or legs and cry pitifully, reported Sanook

The tourists are then fleeced of 100 baht for a bunch of flowers or some other item.

One business owner in the area told sanook.com that something needs to be done to clear these people out as they are becoming more prevalent in the area's bars and restaurants. 

"I don't know if the children - who look about three - are even their own. They are causing a lot of annoyance to tourists," the owner said.

"And it is bad for the image of tourism in Pattaya for this to happen."

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-04
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, smedly said:

it is connected Thais that are running these girls and children and if anyone thinks the police don't know already who they are then they never will understand how stuff works in LOS, I would say more but I am pretty sure most know already  

yep, beggers are only illegal if they dont have a relative at the police station

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

what i hate about Pattaya, how the people selling crap are allowed to come right into the bars, one after another, one is trying to have a quiet drink and its bloody complete hassle, why aren't these people banned from coming into bars, nice to get back to Bangkok and enjoy a peaceful drink

You need to go somewhere else, if people in their own country trying to make a living really bothers you that much.

• Thanks 1

it's even worse than old lady on Main Beach who scams with the little birdy-to-be-saved-back-to-nature

- when later, she waits for the little birdy to fly back into it's little bamboo cage

but at least a mature wild little bird has a choice in the matter!!

As long as there are customers buying flowers etc. from small children, they will be working at night instead of going to school – or be removed from for example their Cambodian home country to work abroad in Thailand's tourist areas – please don't buy flower or other stuff from children.

Locally I've seen the same old lady for more than 10 years, always with 5 to 10 small children selling flowers, and now also a few teens – I've seen them since they were small, perhaps her own – in beginning wondering the many children she continue to have (however, never seen her pregnant, she should also be too old, but one never knows), almost same age; now I know she rents them from Cambodia.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mercman24 said:

what i hate about Pattaya, how the people selling crap are allowed to come right into the bars, one after another, one is trying to have a quiet drink and its bloody complete hassle, why aren't these people banned from coming into bars, nice to get back to Bangkok and enjoy a peaceful drink

In Patong/Phuket I was told that the ones that actually come into the beer bar 

complexes not just hang out on Bangla road pay a fee to the owner of the

complex. So they are a business tenant like the small bar owners.

What`s worrying is that the immigrants may try to claim that a tourist touched a child inappropriately and could make a load of problems.

I have had experiences with these beggars in Chiang Mai during the past and they can be very irritating and persistent, not taking no for an answer.