2nd Hand Parts, Junk Yards

stevehaigh

i need a front wheel assembly for a mazda fighter 4wd, 2002. i don't want to buy a new one. does anyone know a 2nd hand parts place? with phone number if possible?

i live in surat thani but BKK or anyplace will be fine if i can get a phone number.

thanks in advance,

steve

There are quite a few breakers yards at the far end of the Chonburi by-pass, coming from Pattaya that is. I have drven past many times but never gone in, in fact access might involve a few U-turns!

Edited by wilko

Chiang Kong, near MBK and the National Stadium in Bangkok, they'll have it all.

i heard that too. any chance of finding a phone number?

found it, 01-654-0209

thx steve

anybody know if these folks got a line on shops that rebuild second hand engines, transmissions, etc?...with a 6 mo guarantee? Someone said that there are a lot of junk yards around there...could we presume that if the junkyard on the phone ain't got what we're looking for could he find someone that has? (sorta like what they do in LA with parts in general)

what was the song? 'I sold my heart to the junkman, and I'll never fall in love again...'

Edited by tutsiwarrior

found it, 01-654-0209

thx steve

anybody know if these folks got a line on shops that rebuild second hand engines, transmissions, etc?...with a 6 mo guarantee? Someone said that there are a lot of junk yards around there...could we presume that if the junkyard on the phone ain't got what we're looking for could he find someone that has? (sorta like what they do in LA with parts in general)

what was the song? 'I sold my heart to the junkman, and I'll never fall in love again...'

Actually usual procedure here is to junk the existing engine/ gearbox and pop a second hand one imported from Japan - the shops you see around with wall to wall engines are doing that. That presumes that your engine is available from Japan -

For my car a Nissan NV going rate is 24,000 for an engine, 6,000 for a gearbox, 30,000 a set.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

found it, 01-654-0209

thx steve

Actually usual procedure here is to junk the existing engine/ gearbox and pop a second hand one imported from Japan - the shops you see around with wall to wall engines are doing that. That presumes that your engine is available from Japan -

For my car a Nissan NV going rate is 24,000 for an engine, 6,000 for a gearbox, 30,000 a set.

Good luck!

anybody know anything about these shops?...any contact details?