Life here is tough...what are your complaints for the week

JJGreen

The compliant Page about Thailand.............. how cute is that.......:wub:

Maybe we should have started a page about--- whatever made you leave your own country & come here to live, love & spend the rest of your retirement writing  letters of complaint about it........

“If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.”

Regina Brett

Complaining about a light hearted complaint thread...

classic

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry jjgreen--added more complaints

to the compliant screen under edit after you had already posted---

I seldom think of a good come back line---until I am in the shower 2 hours latter....

15 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Problems this past week? 

Heckuva time finding a good Thai massage. Have tried HealthLand and King & I and various small shops but haven't found a decent massuese this time around since my old one has retuened to her village.

My grandson is arriving tomorrow and he is big at 2-meters and 100+ kilo. He lifts weights all the time and needs a massuese that combines Thai methods with a Western type understanding of physiology.

I don't know where you live but in the big village 5 km from me is a government health clinic that does Thai massage upstairs. It is a mix of traditional and herbal and towards the end they use a muslin bag filled with herbs which is kept over a steamer to provide the heat.

When I go there is a 3 session series and at the end of the series I get a happy ending, in that most of my aches and pains have gone away and I can walk down the stairs fairly easily compared to the first session.

I damaged my back about 32 years ago and it aches most days but being in Thailand where it is warmer it doesn't ache so much. Over the years I have found that most proper massage services are rarely on the ground floor and you have to walk up one flight of stairs.

19 hours ago, MissAndry said:

The correct way to scramble eggs is to heat them gently in a pan while stirring. No added fat.

Very hard to find a place that will do that correctly. A variation is to add a splash of milk.

Most Thai places just stir fry the eggs in a bit of oil .......... that's just nasty.

obvious now why british cooking is on the bottom of the international culinary appraisment list.

have you tried jamie's approach?

I went shopping at Central Food Hall and by coincidence most everything I wanted to buy had a deep discount using the Expat card. So I watched the checkout like a hawk to confirm that all the discounts were applied. They all were! What a waste of energy to watch at the checkout. For nothing!

I really need a nap now. 

Edited by Jingthing

I wasn't impressed with KFC today. Popped into a new stand alone restaurant.

I wanted the small potato and gravy

Usually they have a menu under the counter and I can point to the picture but there was no under the counter menu in store. Add on the staff had no English and no idea about potato and gravy. I tried my best "Mun bot sai lek" but was met with a blank and disinterested stare as punishment for my poor Thai. Pointing to the order board was no help as the cashier gripped her register and steadfastly refused to turn her head to where I was pointing.

Eventually with the help of 5 Thais thrashing it out, investigating options and  confirming half a dozen times I  wanted mun bot sai lek i was able to get my food.

it wasn't all I hoped for.  It was 40% mashed potato and 60% gravy. I could have used a straw with it. A decent ratio is 75% mashed potato

plus it was a little too salty. I was forced to order two chicken wings to soak up the gravy to make it edible.

Edited by JJGreen

On 8/8/2016 at 8:21 PM, williamgeorgeallen said:

next door neighbor died on friday and i have had to endure 3 days of loud music starting at 5am daily. back to rural piece and quiet tomorrow.

just realized i have done over 1000 posts. was going to do something special for number 1000. now the moment is lost f#cking thailand.

Huh?

Save it for 2000 - maybe a neighbor will be courteous not to pass around that important number......

Sitting here in Krabi on a veranda over looking the pounding surf after a nice seafood dinner with my family - enjoying good company & an R&C with the sea breezes in my face......

But - just learned a former teammate of mine has been arrested for murdering his wife - guess they had more problems than any of us.....

Count your blessings no matter how small - don't overlook them - each one is important.....

Meanwhile he's being held on 2+ million USD bail   =   Goodbye life....

Edited by pgrahmm

3 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

But - just learned a former teammate of mine has been arrested for murdering his wife - guess they had more problems than any of us.....

Holy moly.  Do you have any insight on whether he did it, whether he might have been framed, etc.?  That certainly beats any problem I've ever had.

I think that I've reached the point in Thailand where nothing bothers me badly except motorbikes on the sidewalks.  Well, then there are the wine prices -- I could whine about that.

29 minutes ago, dukeandduke said:

Holy moly.  Do you have any insight on whether he did it, whether he might have been framed, etc.?  That certainly beats any problem I've ever had.

I think that I've reached the point in Thailand where nothing bothers me badly except motorbikes on the sidewalks.  Well, then there are the wine prices -- I could whine about that.

You know - he had a flash temper but that happens in sports.....

They lived in one of the most exclusive areas in the US with other places sprinkled around......

30+ years together & separated over a year.....He could've been getting raked over the coals & it came to an ugly confrontation.....Knowing him we're all shocked - but who really knows.....He was released on 1M bail then rearrested the same day on graver charges & a 2+m $ bail.....

So they must have something......He's 69 and had sold his business so maybe no options for  restarting again at a late age.....Never saw them unhappy together as a couple......One daughter will get everything if lawyers don't suck it dry - which might have come in to play.....Sure there were other influences based on time apart......

7 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

You know - he had a flash temper but that happens in sports.....

They lived in one of the most exclusive areas in the US with other places sprinkled around......

30+ years together & separated over a year.....He could've been getting raked over the coals & it came to an ugly confrontation.....Knowing him we're all shocked - but who really knows.....He was released on 1M bail then rearrested the same day on graver charges & a 2+m $ bail.....

So they must have something......He's 69 and had sold his business so maybe no options for  restarting again at a late age.....Never saw them unhappy together as a couple......One daughter will get everything if lawyers don't suck it dry - which might have come in to play.....Sure there were other influences based on time apart......

a flash temper? sports? What professional sports did u play?

2 hours ago, JJGreen said:

Footpaths here...

Why can't they fix them...huge erosion holes and raised concrete and paving stones...I'll break an ankle one day

I'm beginning to hope you will break your fingers but you would still find a way to type to spite me. :lol:

I left my BMW umbrella at a small bar last night... 

Now I'll have to use one of my normal umbrellas and people may think I only drive a Honda !... :coffee1:

It gets worse when u are caught in the rain and have to buy a pink cartoon character one