Bank account in dormant status?

Yes, if the balance is low enough.  A couple of thousand baht will keep it active, until the service fees draw the balance under a threshold. Then the account will become dormant after maybe 1 year of no real transactions.

47 minutes ago, koo said:

Yes, if the balance is low enough.  A couple of thousand baht will keep it active, until the service fees draw the balance under a threshold. Then the account will become dormant after maybe 1 year of no real transactions.

Does not matter the amount. I got a letter with over 200,000 baht in account. I had not made any transaction  for one year.

Letter just said to update bank book, or make small deposit or withdraw.

Every year.

2 hours ago, bark said:

Does not matter the amount. I got a letter with over 200,000 baht in account. I had not made any transaction  for one year.

Letter just said to update bank book, or make small deposit or withdraw.

Every year.

These letters are just statements, nothing happens. Falling dorment ore more likely being shut you would get informed in advance. Most banks don't have service fees , except you have ATM/credit cards or payment orders, but then the account would'nt be inactive.

I have my AIS bill auto pay from my KBank so that if I'm out of the country for extended periods, months not weeks, this draws monthly to give the induction it's an active bank account:

in saying that, as long as you have more than a couple of thousand baht you should have no problem. Under that amount and they start taking monthly fees until there is no money left and they act to close it

The general rule is when the balance drops to below Bt2,000 "and" no account owner activity (i.e., deposit, withdrawal, transfer) the bank will start charging a Bt50/mo account maintenance fee.  Once that Bt50/mo depletes the account balance the account is closed.

An annual card fee, interest payments, etc., do not count as user activity as that is initiated by the bank.