Hua Hin bomb blasts: Thailand on high alert - Interior Ministry issues wide ranging directives throughout country

webfact

Hua Hin bomb blasts: Thailand on high alert - Interior Ministry issues wide ranging directives throughout country

p1.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's Interior Ministry has called for all administrative levels throughout the country to be on high alert following the bomb outrages in Hua Hin and Trang and an incident in Phuket. Tourist areas came in for special mention.

In a nationwide directive Krisada Bunrat instructed government departments, district chiefs, local officers - all the way down to kamnan and village elders to be on the lookout for trouble.

He called for security levels to be heightened especially in tourist areas and places where people are likely to gather. The directive called for officials to check equipment such as CCTV cameras and fire equipment to ensure readiness in case of further trouble.

Extra vigilance is required at this time to ensure the security of both the local population and visitors, the directive urged.

Meanwhile  manager online reported that foreign media had said that the bombs were possibly designed to discredit Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha. 

While both AP and AFP accepted that there was yet no credible motive for the attacks they said that the timing was highly embarrassing for the prime minister.

The foreign news media said that the attacks came at a time when Prayut and his military government were taking credit for bringing stability to the country after seizing power in a coup two years ago. 

The military government claimed they had restored order after a long period of instability, the foreign media said.

One person was killed and around twenty wounded - including foreign tourists - after two bombs exploded in Soi Bintabaht Hua Hin last night. The first blast injured no one but the follow up attack some twenty minutes later did.

The bombs were reportedly put in plant pots in the tourist and bar area of the southern Thai town.

Earlier an explosion in Trang further south killed one and injured six.

Sources: Daily News, Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-12

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"the bombs were possibly designed to discredit Prime Minister Prayut Chan-och"

I think this only further justifies the coup and the good work Prayut has done to restore tourist numbers after silencing the red terrorists that dished out their terror without being held accountable.

I can imagine some are very upset that tourist numbers went to record levels after the coup including some on this forum.

3 minutes ago, djjamie said:

I think this only further justifies the coup and the good work Prayut has done to restore tourist numbers after silencing the red terrorists that dished out their terror without being held accountable.

I can imagine some are very upset that tourist numbers went to record levels after the coup including some on this forum.

Mindless fluff.

Meanwhile .....keep abreast folks of all goings on using sources that are not under junta orders.

Here and sources like Western media ...check embassy advice .

Hopefully , the violence will  subside .

23 minutes ago, djjamie said:

So bombings on the Juntas watch justifies the coup?  And tourists numbers at record levels?  There is a job waiting for you at Tourism Authority of Thailand. 

No Mersey when they are found, they showed none to the victims.

It also amazes me that no saw or noticed anything unusual.

Let the neighbors argue and every one knows the details

"Vigilance is the cost of Freedom"

We are our brothers keeper, report anything you suspect to be suspicious or unusual, let the authorities  sort it out, keeping a record of the call would also be useful, things seem to get lost to easily.

Official Credibility is sorely lacking and these areas, so as a citizen of Thailand it is your job to "Be Vigilante"  in these trying times.

You have a potent weapon, your hand phone and a camera, use them, better to be over cautious.

Now, who is doing this?

Seen the bombings in the rest of the world, I'd say 85% chance these are some more manifestations in the name of the religion of peace.

However, seen the outcome of the referendum my money goes to another group, being angry, out of spite, and to give the government a bloody nose, decided to do something which most certainly will not help.

Depending on the reaction of the government it might backfire.

1 hour ago, djjamie said:

The foreign news media I am reading are saying no such thing.

Then again I only read news media that value truth, honesty and integrity. 

44 minutes ago, Deez said:

So bombings on the Juntas watch justifies the coup?  And tourists numbers at record levels?  There is a job waiting for you at Tourism Authority of Thailand. 

No, it does not.

But the redshirt shootings, grenade throwing, threatening of dividing the country and the threats to make a volunteer army, did.

In other words, working up to a civil war.

Short of memory, are you?

I am not in favour of any coup!

But I am afraid there was no other option.

A flawed and misused democracy is not the best way to keep the peace.

Edited by hansnl

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Can you please name the news media that value truth, honesty and integrity?

Thank you.

update from Hua Hin.

15 minutes ago drove through and around the bombing area in Hua hin. I went past the train station in Hua Hin. Both streets were blocked off with Army and Police Bomb Disposal Units deploying in front of the station.

Phetkasem Road is blocked to north bound traffic and everyone is being forced to u-turn to the south.

Same at some point in the North as there is no traffic at all at the main traffic light at Hua Hin 61.

There is blood all over the Soi in front of the bombing location.

Many Thai people in the Binabaht area look very sad and many were crying as I walked near the bomb site this morning.

One Thai woman told me she knew the lady who operates the food cart and said she just missed getting killed.

I saw many nervous looking tourists, mostly young couples and families. 

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

Can you please name the news media that value truth, honesty and integrity?

Thank you.

Nope because it will only start the left wing/liberal/biased to the whatever side debate.

Let's just say they don't take sides, are honest, do not have an agenda outside of getting to the truth and have had a leading role in reporting on slavery in a place near us.

Will say this though, it's not AP...

Edited by Bluespunk

14 minutes ago, hansnl said:

No, it does not.

But the redshirt shootings, grenade throwing, threatening of dividing the country and the threats to make a volunteer army, did.

Airport closure?

popcorn shooter?

blue-haired (yellow shirt) lady demos?

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

update from Hua Hin.

15 minutes ago drove through and around the bombing area in Hua hin. I went past the train station in Hua Hin. Both streets were blocked off with Army and Police Bomb Disposal Units deploying in front of the station.

Apparently there's been a controlled explosion at the railway station (from a mate in the area via his Facebook page).

20 minutes ago, hansnl said:

No, it does not.

I am not in favour of any coup!

But I am afraid there was no other option.

A flawed and misused democracy is not the best way to keep the peace.

How was the Thai democracy flawed? And is Thailand any less corrupt now during the dictatorship? Just admit you don't like democracy already. 

1 hour ago, djjamie said:

i don't know where you get your figures from maybe T.A.T but i can say that last and so far this has been diabolical 

update from hua hin:

Some photos I took this morning. Hua Hin looks like a armed camp this morning.

Blood soaked cloth from one of the bombing victims.

Trail of blood on Soi.

Location of bomb blast last night with Police tape closing off the area.

20160812_104438.jpg

20160812_104444.jpg

20160812_104337.jpg

20160812_104352.jpg

Edited by NCC1701A

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Pray enlighten us as to the name of this mythical beast? :lol:

Agree dj's post absurd, as per :coffee1:

11 minutes ago, pegman said:

Airport closure?

popcorn shooter?

blue-haired (yellow shirt) lady demos?

Both posts are absurd. The perpetrators of those attacks/demos were easily identified as they were all Bangkok centric. Not this time. They're everybloodywhere .

30 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope because it will only start the left wing/liberal/biased to the whatever side debate.

Let's just say they don't take sides, are honest, do not have an agenda outside of getting to the truth and have had a leading role in reporting on slavery in a place near us.

Will say this though, it's not AP...

Haha, every media more or less are somewhat biased and controlled. Only a muppet would not question the honesty behind any media source presenting the so called truth. Your statement makes you seem just as manipulated as anyone who would believe in any other source, if you blindly believe that your source is not biased. Reminds me of every religious nutter truly believing that their true god is the only true god. But i guess you just happened to pick the only true unbiased media source right?

27 minutes ago, manutfarang said:

How was the Thai democracy flawed? And is Thailand any less corrupt now during the dictatorship? Just admit you don't like democracy already. 

The fact that you can openly and directly (i know every politician buy votes indirectly) buy votes, more than indicate a flawed democracy.

23 minutes ago, kingalfred said:

45% didn't care one way or the other so your 64% figure is fanatasy 

There are citizens and many are not old enough to vote. Some are to infirm in body or mind to go vote . There was a reasonable turn out, enough for a legally viable result. The regional stats match to what might be expected.

But certainly factions would be unhappy, and might have sub groups prone to violence.

Southern indurgents or anti-Hunta red leaning groups come to mind first. They have both shown propensitt for violence, and to do so during symbolic dates for the old guard or after ' political losses '.