When technology becomes annoying... Pure VPN

ghworker2010

This rant is about companies that upgrade their systems or have existing systems that are not user friendly. 

Im based in the LOS and subscribed to Pure VPN. I use it on my laptop sometimes. When finished surfing I proceed to shutdown my laptop and there are 2 levels of errors to bypass. The vpn insists that you must disconnect from the service. Then after disconnecting if I want to shutdown theres a message 'are you sure you want to quit Pure VPN'. All I can think is bloody hell..... let me shut down when I want to shut down the laptop. The PIA vpn that I was using doesnt have these anal messages. I certainly will not be renewing pure VPN if they keep up these annoying anally retentive error messages. 

Another example is youtube. On my android if I open youtube on chrome and listen to a song and then when finished minimise chrome to do something else, the song keeps playing even though Ive stopped using chrome. This never used to happen before. 

Dont let me get started on apple itunes. What a retarded piece of software that is.....

Do you have any examples?

Just setup some  Manual VPN connections on Windows for SSTP/PPTP/L2TP (which ever you want to use)..  PureVPN's website shows you how.   You can do the same with all other VPN services.   Now if you just have to use OpenVPN for some reason, then you'll need to use their software as OpenVPN is not built-into Windows like SSTP/PPTP/L2TP.

No need to even use PureVPN software (ditto for PIA or other VPN services) with Windows unless you are always connecting to different VPN servers all over the world then using their software makes it easier/faster....and if wanting to use OpenVPN.  I expect you just connect to one or two select locations for your VPN connection.  

I use PureVPN...have some Manual PPTP/L2TP connections...works like a charm.  Use the same setup on my Android devices....manual devices vs using OpenVPN.

18 hours ago, Pib said:

Just setup some  Manual VPN connections on Windows for SSTP/PPTP/L2TP (which ever you want to use)..  PureVPN's website shows you how.   You can do the same with all other VPN services.   Now if you just have to use OpenVPN for some reason, then you'll need to use their software as OpenVPN is not built-into Windows like SSTP/PPTP/L2TP.

No need to even use PureVPN software (ditto for PIA or other VPN services) with Windows unless you are always connecting to different VPN servers all over the world then using their software makes it easier/faster....and if wanting to use OpenVPN.  I expect you just connect to one or two select locations for your VPN connection.  

I use PureVPN...have some Manual PPTP/L2TP connections...works like a charm.  Use the same setup on my Android devices....manual devices vs using OpenVPN.

I have no idea what your talking about. Can you please translate in simple terms

18 hours ago, sniffdog said:

I consider suicide ... I just can't live with all those inconveniences anymore.

Please do it in public then like that Swiss guy who choked on his noodle soup in Jomtien. Otherwise the CSI: TVF will post pages of the usual drivel attempting to finger a perp, notably your wife, gf, etc. Add in the tinfoil hats and it's just going to be a mess.