PM Prayut says there must be political reforms before an election

webfact

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On September 1, 2016 at 7:42 PM, NativeSon360 said:

Again, duh! "It is absolutely astounding to me, that so many farangs on this platform, have so many "knowledgeable" suggestions about "how" the body politics of the Thai government should function. Especially, when they (themselves) come from countries that are total economic-political circuses of their own".

Now, what I do know is the value of minding my own "citizenship" business. If Thai Immigration policies do not change, to adversely affect my "guest" status in The Kingdom, and the Thai currency remains reasonably stable, then whatever else that transpires within Thai society is really none of my, or any other farang's business. No shame in "respecting" the turf-boundaries of other people either. Capisce? :wai:

some of us have Thai spouses, Thai children, and therefore with our families here, unlike a person who is simply here to enjoy retirement, that makes what happens in Thailand very much our business - yes, even though we are "just" farang.

2 minutes ago, tbthailand said:

some of us have Thai spouses, Thai children, and therefore with our families here, unlike a person who is simply here to enjoy retirement, that makes what happens in Thailand very much our business - yes, even though we are "just" farang.

Disgraceful discrimination against retirees!! I am retired with no children (married my wife at 51) - so, you are attempting to deny me my rights in holding an interest and discussing Thai politics. Hang your head in shame, young man!!

5 hours ago, tbthailand said:

Despite your having a Thai wife and Thai children, you are still a "farang" (with no real civil rights) in the Kingdom. Don't believe it? I challenge you to voice that same position to a group of Thai menfolk, then watch how quickly they will read you the "mind your own farang business" riot act.

On 9/2/2016 at 1:24 AM, heybruce said:

Gee, in your post above you seem to put General/Coup-Leader/Self--Appointed PM Prayut on something of a pedestal.  That, and your voluntary admission in a public forum that you are illegally using drugs in this country leads me to question your judgment.  No doubt others have questions about you as well.

To answer your final question; yes, I understand that you live in a fantasy world.

15 hours ago, lucky11 said:

Disgraceful discrimination against retirees!! I am retired with no children (married my wife at 51) - so, you are attempting to deny me my rights in holding an interest and discussing Thai politics. Hang your head in shame, young man!!

actually, it would have been nativeson who did that. :)   I think that even retirees have a right to be interested and active in the well-being of other people, and was just pointing out that even if we begin with his perspective, that there are still those of us with Thai family - which looks to include you as well. ;)

But frankly, when it comes to basic human rights, I don't think anyone should kick back and say, "hey, it's their country, ... "

10 hours ago, TuskegeeBen said:

Despite your having a Thai wife and Thai children, you are still a "farang" (with no real civil rights) in the Kingdom. Don't believe it? I challenge you to voice that same position to a group of Thai menfolk, then watch how quickly they will read you the "mind your own farang business" riot act.

there are enough of thai people who will / do take the 'mind your own business' position.   That's not unique to Thailand either.  And it doesn't make them right.