Yellow Tibbian Barn-PATTAYA Specific please

couchpotato

For a start you need to apply at the Amphur responsible for your location. I would assume doco required will differ between Amphur, so probably best to visit the relevant Amphur and confirm requirements. Three years ago I obtained the Yellow Tambien Baan from Nong Prue, time from initial meeting to picking up the booklet was three weeks.

yellow house book/yellow tabien ban/yellow book (most frequently used terms)

There is indeed a wide variety of requirement from office to office.

It can also vary if you are married (legally registered in Thailand) to a Thai wife (makes it easier usually).

E.g. (not! complete list):

1) You need to proof your residence, sometimes witnesses required.

2) You need a translation of your passport/name into Thai script.

3) You (might) need a translation of your birth certificate (name of father, mother and their nationality).

For 2) and 3) some office will send you to your embassy, certified translator, ministry of foreign affairs (MFA) in Bangkok.

Others will be happy with simple translation by a qualified/registered translator (locally).

I can not comment on the local situation in Pattaya (Banglamung).

Usually house books are issued at the district offices (amphoe/amphur whatever script you use).

I could be wrong (please correct me): for Pattaya this would be the Banglamung district office.

("Pattaya" is a special/unique administrative organization, Nongprue and Naklua are tambon/sub-districts).

Banglamung district office:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Amphur+Banglamung+Registration+Office/@12.9767752,100.9138392,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x67a3fa2068219609!8m2!3d12.9767752!4d100.9138392

(in the north towards Naklua)

They look the same about everywhere :)

http://gis.pattaya.go.th/travelimage/PO0000003615/1024x768/PO0000003615_201.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for info so far.

Yes before I believed it not necessary to obtain the book and probably a waste of time, but as the 'farang Pink ID' card" process is so simple once you have the yellow book, then I believe its time (and because of I have loads of time on my hands to follow the process thru). Hey the more legal docs we can obtain as farang can only be a good thing in the long run.

I got mine at city hall. 

Was extremly lucky, the lady at the counter wanted a Thai (not my wife) to confirm that I live there, and a couple we know just happen to walk though the door when she asked.

Handy to have for sure, bought my big bike at Kawasaki on Sukhumvit and just showed them the book and that was that. 

For a retired person that has the time, why not get it? I am not retired but have the time so why not.

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

Thanks for info so far.

Yes before I believed it not necessary to obtain the book and probably a waste of time, but as the 'farang Pink ID' card" process is so simple once you have the yellow book, then I believe its time (and because of I have loads of time on my hands to follow the process thru). Hey the more legal docs we can obtain as farang can only be a good thing in the long run.

Yes if you got the time and dont mind the leg work

go for it,    i decided not to.

Thing is,   the rules can  change so much at any point in time,

that what you have now will not be excepted tomorrow.

i think that is the case for the yellow book at the driving license  center now in pattaya

could be wrong,   but think i have read that,   on Tv.

Also some Thai people will only treat things like the  yellow book with suspicion as they have no knowledge of it,  so it still maybe not excepted when you try and use it.

good luck, with it.

Edited by onemorechang

4 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I got mine at city hall. 

Was extremly lucky, the lady at the counter wanted a Thai (not my wife) to confirm that I live there, and a couple we know just happen to walk though the door when she asked.

Handy to have for sure, bought my big bike at Kawasaki on Sukhumvit and just showed them the book and that was that. 

For a retired person that has the time, why not get it? I am not retired but have the time so why not.

Good advice.

I was not sure whether city hall would issue them.

Pattaya is different :P

Edited by KhunBENQ

56 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Nongprue Municipality does also issue yellow tabien baan, i got mine there as I live up there.

Yes, I stand corrected. It's either Pattaya City Hall which is on Pattaya Nua or Nongprue Municipal office which is behind the sports stadium, behind the temple at the top of Nernplubwan, just off Nongmaikaen Road (Soi 2 I think). Right beside Nongprue police station anyway.

For me the main requirement was having my wife with me. Without her it would probably have been the usual problems.

Of course the proof of residence is the main thing.

KhunBENQ says passport translation required- I didn't have one, nor did I have my birth certificate- who has one of those in LOS?

The requirements vary so much depending on office/ clerk that the only sure way is to ask at the office.