ALRO told to demolish a police general’s luxury house located on Sor Por Kor land

webfact

ALRO told to demolish a police general’s luxury house located on Sor Por Kor land

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FqvHURljUl8GPurpzJkRZNI

BANGKOK: -- The Agricultural Land Reform Office (ALRO) has been ordered to demolish a luxury house and several buildings on a 535-rai land plot located on Sor Por Kor land occupied by Pol Maj-Gen Chalee Pekanan, said Agriculture Minister Chatchai Sarikalaya on Monday.

The planned demolition of buildings on the land plot followed a final ruling by the Supreme Court on July 15, evicting the police major-general from the land that he had illegally occupied.

General Chatchai said that Pol Maj-Gen Chalee had asked for 120 days for him to carry out the demolition of an expensive log cabin himself instead of by workers from ALRO.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/alro-told-demolish-police-generals-luxury-house-located-sor-por-kor-land/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-13

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

So if and when the demolition is carried out I suppose that's an end to it.

No charges for the illegal occupation and construction and no one wondering where all his money came from ?

Mums the word on unusual wealth, it could set a precedent.

2 minutes ago, harada said:

Oh sorry, loose lips sink bank accounts but but isn't the PM ridding the country of corruption ?

Aah I understand, he was only winding up family, friends and conies.

7 minutes ago, harada said:

If I could offer a correction to your post, if you don't mind.

"Unususal" is commonly defined as, "not habitually or commonly occurring or done."

So the case of a retired police chief with millions of baht, vast tracts of land etc, hardly fits the definition.

So perhaps "Mums the word on usual wealth" would be more fitting.

Just a suggestion.

If ever one wanted justification for major reform in Thailand they need look no further than the abuse of the Sor Por Kor land title system by many so-called influential people. These so-called "Pillars of Thai Society" have no qualms about criminally manipulating Sor Por Kor for personal gain, and even when caught out, they continue to escape prosecution or even being made to pay the costs of restoring the land they abuse!

In the latest blatant example, former deputy police commissioner Pol Maj-Gen Chalee Pekanan has been refusing to return land that ALFO has been seeking to reclaim since 2009.

This dispute went to the Supreme Court, who in April 2015 ruled that Pekanan had indeed occupied the land illegally. It also ordered him to dismantle all buildings and other infrastructure, but (as noted in another ThaiVisa article back in July this year) this order was defied and ignored (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/932317-large-plot-of-land-in-khao-yai-owned-by-former-senior-police-officer-seized/).

So, according to this Thai BPS article, it has taken yet another ruling from the Supreme Court on July 15 to finally evict Pekanan.

It will be interesting to see if this latest order is indeed carried out, and whether Pekanan is held to account for his flagrant abuse of his power and position.

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

No charges for the illegal occupation and construction and no one wondering where all his money came from ?

he probably apologized for misunderstanding his entitlements, hence no charges... just a wai

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

No, but major loss of face for the genny! 

I wouldn't worry about his loss of face.......they have hides as thick as buffalo......

500 rai in Pak Chong would probably be worth tens of millions.....which was  no doubt, genuinely "inherited" !

The powers that have had the prime pickings of the countries (taxpayer) resources, for personal gain/use, such as money, land, civil positions, purchases of material, etc are the same ones who designed a system that invoves numerous committees to drag the legal process out so it has been next to nonexistent.  If ever a purge of the politicians, bib, etc, and those who have done or are doing business with same is needed, it is now.

For the first time we are seeing many different people being caught out that were before this considered a protected species, doesnt matter who they are or where their loyalties lie, as long as they are being caught. Once they start down this road it will simply keep rolling which is exactly what is needed, all those that have occupied land illegally need to be caught out and removed from it, charging them and seizing assets  as well would be even better, make them pay for their corrupt practices of the past, no one should be exempted.

32 minutes ago, robblok said:

You and I certainly differ then (we already knew that)

I don't care much for people who are voted in if they are more corrupt then those who are self appointed. I am for the results I judge people on the results they get and the junta certainly gets results on the corruption and other things. You see it as infighting and will find excuses why Sondi, the BKK governor and others who were clearly on the other side get railroaded.  I see it as going after corruption while far from perfect.. its better then letting 26.000 corruption cases go (yes that was what the amnesty that YL wanted would have done) and setting free the biggest criminal of all.

Lets agree to disagree here.. will never see eye to eye on this point. I prefer that some face the music.. then that they all get free... that was the YL way.

It is certainly true we were never going to see eye to eye and there is definitely no point in going round and round with the same arguments everyone is sick to death of.

Just one last thing though: I regard Sondi, the BKK Governor et al part of the infighting too. The whole thing is far more nuanced than simply this colour versus that colour.

Edited by baboon

5 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

But; but, the Pumpkin said 'We mustn't be too hard on them' !

1 hour ago, baboon said:

I know what you are saying, but I don't think it is simply a matter of Stuff Getting Done, there is a bigger picture which needs to be taken into account - What is being done? By whom? To whom? Why? Who stands to gain? I think you get the point.

I am just not convinced that the motives are altruistic...

This is what it comes down to really SELECTIVE enforcement and while the corrupt, the wrongdoers etc may cop it it won't be all of them.

In LoS and for many reasons so much gets too close to home and people in authority have the Nelsonian blind eye when it suits plus volumes of excuses no matter how ridiculous.

1 hour ago, baboon said:

It is certainly true we were never going to see eye to eye and there is definitely no point in going round and round with the same arguments everyone is sick to death of.

Just one last thing though: I regard Sondi, the BKK Governor et al part of the infighting too. The whole thing is far more nuanced than simply this colour versus that colour.

Yes baboon, we are always going round and round just imagine how deep the divide is for the Thais as we really have no horse in this race.  I told you once.. the only way for this to change is when corruption is punished harsh and there is not much money to be made from being in government. Then good people will rise.. up until then the bad people on both sides will do whatever to influence populace to vote them in so they can rob the country.

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

This is what it comes down to really SELECTIVE enforcement and while the corrupt, the wrongdoers etc may cop it it won't be all of them.

In LoS and for many reasons so much gets too close to home and people in authority have the Nelsonian blind eye when it suits plus volumes of excuses no matter how ridiculous.

I agree there is a lot of selective enforcing.. but i still prefer selective enforcing over NO enforcing. This way at least some people are punished. 

6 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Maybe he'll get a stern talking to by his boss and transferred to an inactive post for 30 days (full pay and benefits continue) where he'll receive training on how not to get caught next time.

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

I agree there is a lot of selective enforcing.. but i still prefer selective enforcing over NO enforcing. This way at least some people are punished. 

I know what you mean but the problem for me is when something is blatantly selective as opposed to getting around to the next on the list as it were.

5 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Oh sorry, loose lips sink bank accounts but but isn't the PM ridding the country of corruption ?

Aah I understand, he was only winding up family, friends and conies.

Ridding corruption 20 years down the road today hey its party time. On top of his accumulating all this wealth and from where its amazing how long he was able to retain the status quo till the hammer fell. 

18 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I know what you mean but the problem for me is when something is blatantly selective as opposed to getting around to the next on the list as it were.

Problem is the alternative here is nobody gets punished and encroachment and other stuff will explode even more because then they know they will never be touched. Now at least they know that with a regime change (red to yellow or yellow to red or army) they lose their protection and can lose their stuff.

If nobody was ever punished... just imagine what would happen then.

I would prefer of course that everyone gets punished and the law is enforced equally. 

But I get your point too.. i just find this better (far from perfect) then not doing a thing at all. 

My hope is that slowly it will become more normal to punish people and calls will go up to go after others too.