Japanese auto parts company will expand subsidiary in Thailand

webfact

Japanese auto parts company will expand subsidiary in Thailand

BANGKOK, 16 September 2016 (NNT) - A Japanese manufacturer of automotive parts will expand its subsidiary in Thailand to be a center of the company's management in ASEAN with a goal to increase its market share in the region by 2020. 

President of the JTEKT (Thailand) Co., Ltd Yoshikazu Konishi said at an event to mark the company's 50th anniversary that the JTC, the company's subsidiary, would be transformed into the management center for eight subsidiaries of the JTEKT in the ASEAN region. The expansion was aimed at delivering the best products and services to customers, he said. The JTC will be renamed as the ASEAN JTEKT Group. 

The JTC has constructed a plant at the Gateway Industrial Estate in Chachoengsao province as the group's 2nd manufacturing base in Thailand. 

The JTEKT's goal for 2020 is to increase its ASEAN market share from 68% to 75% and deliver high quality products with competitive costs. JTEKT’s parent company in Japan will likely use Thailand as its manufacturing and distribution base of bearings in ASEAN with a goal to increase the market share from 29% to 40%.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-16

I am curious about something. Maybe some of you know the details here. I recently found out there are over 7,000 Japanese companies either manufacturing here, or doing business here in the LOS. Does anyone have any idea what percentage of the GDP that represents? Or what percentage of nationwide manufacturing that constitutes? 

My second question in this regard - how many Japanese companies have begun to relocate elsewhere within ASEAN? Anyone have any idea? 

reading the news would be a lot better if only stories of events that actually happened were reported. so tired of reading about things that are going to happen that almost never do. i suspect many of these types of stories are just made up. anyone got any answers to spidermikes questions? i also wonder how important foreign manufacturing in thailand is.