Charlotte shooting: family releases video of Keith L Scott's last moments

rooster59

27 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Its also a quote us Brits have used for long before "spade " was a racist word , we use it in context , how long before anything you say becomes"racist" i have used the term hundreds of times and not for a second thought it was anything but what it was ,a spade ,we use them to dig the garden .

Actually the original reference may have come from a Spade as in a deck of cards .. not sure... as in a Spade is a Spade not a Heart or a Diamond ... it is - what it is and nothing else.  BUT snowflakes find racism in rocks and sea shells and birds ... 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To summarize some of my posts... Mr. Scott was, in my opinion, a product of his negative environment.  Typically - it is difficult for a boy born into ghetto type surroundings living in a constant harangue of how to ply through the system, taking advantage of what ever can be obtained by coercion, theft, deception, con artistry, and by other nefarious means...  to not take up as a life practice what his young apprenticeship taught him.   And it has become a fatal life practice for many - thousands shot in Chicago since January 1 2016.  And all the while they blame the system that keeps them down.   Blacks like Mr. Scott are very likely to have no male father figure in the household.  Fatherly guidance likely to be totally absence.  It didn't take many years for the women in low socio-economic areas to learn that social welfare benefits are greater for those women who have no male in the household - have more babies and get more welfare.   This is all the unintended consequences of Liberal 'Dogooderism'.  

We will eventually learn via whining newspaper, Internet Social Media and TV video articles on Mr. Scott about his poor unfortunate upbringing and young adult life.  Which unfortunately is the norm in black ghetto communities across America - from East St. Louis (Ferguson) to Baltimore to Detroit, to Chicago, to Charlotte and a dozen other places.  Motivation to become educated has been replaced by Hip Hop Rap dreams of instant financial success as a rap artist 'singer',  basketball, football, baseball star player and other pie in the sky dreams.  And when that instant financial success does not happen, the alternative of a life of crime, thuggery, robbery, mayhem, gang-banging  become attractive and is even celebrated in rap songs giving positive feedback to those unfortunate mislead men.   I bet good money that when all the facts of Mr. Scots life are documented and revealed - childhood - youth to adult that my various posts on this subject are not off the mark but by a smidgen.   

Edited by JDGRUEN

2 hours ago, JDGRUEN said:

Racism was on the downturn in America until Obama decided to stir the pot of white hatred... There have been no more blatant racists in America in the last 15 years than Barrack Obama and Eric Holder and now  Loretta Lynch .  There has not been any racist in America who have shown more outright hatred of white people than these three individuals.   Take these three racists out of the picture over the last 10 years and there would not be riots in Charlotte today and would not have been riots in Ferguson MO.  

We got our first glimpse of this with the Professor Gates incident in Cambridge when obama called the Police names and turned a blind eye to an out-of-control professor simply because he was black. 

1 hour ago, i claudius said:

Its also a quote us Brits have used for long before "spade " was a racist word , we use it in context , how long before anything you say becomes"racist" i have used the term hundreds of times and not for a second thought it was anything but what it was ,a spade ,we use them to dig the garden .

To begin with, I have been using the expression for well over 50 years. 

I posted this in jest to Sip.

Sip understood that jest...although it appears some other did not.

I guess I should have used a smiling emoticon.:rolleyes:

out of curiousity, what else would you call a garden spade if not a spade?

On 9/24/2016 at 7:35 PM, ClutchClark said:

Exactly. 

Police would have run the vehicle license plate and all history on the vehicle owner would have been visible to law enforcement. 

I have read that Scott had numerous arrests and convictions with firearms including a 2005 conviction in Texas of Aggrated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. 

The fact Scott exited a vehicle, saw police, and immediately returned to the vehicle would appear suspicious to Law Enforcement and moreso since police saw a firearm in his posession. They would have had access to the lengthy arrest record of the registered owner of the vehicle as well and known Scott was not legslly allowed to be in posession of a firearm.

Are there actually posters here who cannot connect these dots? 

Please do tell me what you would have done if you were the black police officer.

"Police would have run the vehicle license plate and all history on the vehicle owner would have been visible to law enforcement. "

But apparently some people do connect the dots, " Police officers on the scene last week in Charlotte almost certainly did not know about Mr. Scott’s legal history before they confronted him. " That is from this source, http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/26/us/what-we-know-about-the-details-of-the-police-shooting-in-charlotte.html?_r=0

Edited by stevenl

Though his death is a terrible tragedy, we set our own path, and need to be responsible for it.  He's a convicted criminal, rolling a joint in a vehicle and flashing a gun.

It's a sad day, but sad also for the officer who shot the man.  He'll have to live with that for the rest of his life.  Not easy.

As they say, time for people in these neighborhoods to police themselves.  Can't blame the world for everything bad that happens to you.

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

"Police would have run the vehicle license plate and all history on the vehicle owner would have been visible to law enforcement. "

But apparently some people do connect the dots, " Police officers on the scene last week in Charlotte almost certainly did not know about Mr. Scott’s legal history before they confronted him. " That is from this source, http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/26/us/what-we-know-about-the-details-of-the-police-shooting-in-charlotte.html?_r=0

Well Steve, many law enforcement officers would have run a "28" on the vehicle plates when they saw Scott display the firearm and while they were donningtheir vests.

They would have called it in.

I have read the quote you included but it does not attribute the claim to anyone so it appears to be speculation by the author. (Please correct me if a source is given).

At this time I would not put much faith in that speculation that police did not call in details about the vehicle.

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Well Steve, many law enforcement officers would have run a "28" on the vehicle plates when they saw Scott display the firearm and while they were donningtheir vests.

They would have called it in.

I have read the quote you included but it does not attribute the claim to anyone so it appears to be speculation by the author. (Please correct me if a source is given).

At this time I would not put much faith in that speculation that police did not call in details about the vehicle.

Yes, as expected. You make a claim, more informed people than you or me state otherwise, even stronger, sources much closer to your position than mine, but you don't like the information so don't believe it.

Edited by stevenl

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, as expected. You make a claim, more informed people than you or me state otherwise, even stronger, sources much closer to your position than mine, but you don't like the information so don't believe it.

Sadly Steve, you seem to miss the point once again.

Before I believe something that sounds unusual I look for a credible source. I read the link you provided and I could not find what credible source substantiated the claim the police did not call in for information on the vehicle owner. If you can provide that then I will certainly reconsider. 

It is possible no information was relayed to dispatch but it is not typical procedure. Procedure would be to inform dispatch of location, description of event and any identifying information.  The fact that a police cruiser arrived on scene suggests such a radio communication was made.

Edited by ClutchClark

15 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Sadly Steve, you seem to miss the point once again.

Before I believe something that sounds unusual I look for a credible source. I read the link you provided and I could not find what credible source substantiated the claim the police did not call in for information on the vehicle owner. If you can provide that then I will certainly reconsider. 

It is possible no information was relayed to dispatch but it is not typical procedure. Procedure would be to inform dispatch of location, description of event and any identifying information.  The fact that a police cruiser arrived on scene suggests such a radio communication was made.

If you were to stop your condescending tone you might get a real answer.

Edited by stevenl

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If you were to stop your condescending tone you might get a real answer.

Might but not likely.

Cheers

problem will be solved soon, as they are passing a law making police videos, NOT part of the public record.  

then, they can shoot down anyone, who            disobeys            the Army, I mean the police.   ; because they felt threatened  ; or just taser  them ......

Edited by chubby

On September 26, 2016 at 10:10 PM, stevenl said:

Did you have any luck finding the source of your information yet or is it still just unverified speculation?

6 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

This part confused me:

Dozens of people gathered at the scene of the shooting by Tuesday night to protest and call for justice. The protests continued into Wednesday morning, with some people turning violent, smashing patrol cars, throwing rocks at police officers and cars, and shutting down traffic on Interstate 85. Video from a local news station showed people looting semi-truck and then setting the contents of the trucks on fire on the highway.’ 

--------------

Would these actions constitute "protests" or "riots" and how does looting and burning semi-trucks contribute to the dialogue obama suggests is quite healthy?

Oh, and the deceased is a father of seven ? 

I could not locate what this man did for a career but it must have been quite lucrative.