Expats stuck in a time warp

JJGreen

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I still lived in the UK at my age of 75, I would be made to feel more like 90 by people and the weather.  Here I enjoy a better and much more casual life-style and feel no more than 60.  I keep abreast of all the news, use as much modern technology as I can afford, keep active and in no way am I stuck in the past.  However, I have to say that I do not think that the world is going in the right direction and do not believe that life is getting any easier for the younger generation.

16 hours ago, JJGreen said:

If u want to live in the 70s dude that's cool...go for it
Meanwhile a world of new opportunities awaits you

So what is your thought if Bell Bottoms came back into fashion, which they probably will....?

And in case you didn't know, music never goes out of fashion, someone somewhere is at this moment listening to music from any era........:rolleyes:

16 hours ago, JJGreen said:

If u want to live in the 70s dude that's cool...go for it
Meanwhile a world of new opportunities awaits you

It was said "tongue in cheek", but I see subtlety isn't your strong point. However, according to you I should be listening to rap, and riding a skateboard with my cap on backwards. New doesn't necessarily mean better.

23 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

What's your point? Do you  seriously believe these people you reference even understand what you are saying, let alone care?

Not all of us wish to go jungle. It is distressing enough when the  staff forget to call me master. I do not need to have a discussion of your concerns now.

We should not respond to his stupid ideas.

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 9:38 AM, YeahSiam said:

Every generation views the young with a certain disdain and yours is no different.

I'd imagine that when you were young, your elders whined about youth's affectation with rock and roll, the contraceptive pill's effect on promiscuity and drugs - they probably thought that was all about instant gratification too.

I wonder how those same elders would feel if they could see their offspring running around Pattaya trying to be young again with a dolly bird in tow.

The OP makes erroneous observation and false assumptions. A silly post not worth posting.

"Those people are called 'conservatives'. They fear change... they would be stagnant back home as well."

Odd statement. I've never known a connservative to fear change. Plenty of left wingerz I do know that fear change so much they won't even sit with a right leaning person.

2 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

Every generation views the young with a certain disdain and yours is no different.

I'd imagine that when you were young, your elders whined about youth's affectation with rock and roll, the contraceptive pill's effect on promiscuity and drugs - they probably thought that was all about instant gratification too.

I wonder how those same elders would feel if they could see their offspring running around Pattaya trying to be young again with a dolly bird in tow.

Well, the promiscuity that the pill unleashed didn't do society much good. An explosion in the number of Illegitimate children, vast tax liabilities supporting them etc etc.

the desire for instant gratification hasn't done us any favours either.

trying to be young again with a dolly bird in tow.

dad probably wishes he could do that too.

Hey JJ can you tell us something about you. Where from ? Time in Thailand ? I say this because you joined this forum 2 months ago  and have more posts than some who have been members for 3 years. Would like to know where your knowledge of Thailand comes from or you just like to sit at the PC all day thinking of things to write. As another poster mentioned I think you need to get out more.

Hey JJ can you tell us something about you. Where from ? Time in Thailand ? I say this because you joined this forum 2 months ago  and have more posts than some who have been members for 3 years. Would like to know where your knowledge of Thailand comes from or you just like to sit at the PC all day thinking of things to write. As another poster mentioned I think you need to get out more.

How many people join thaivisa from their very first day in Thailand?
I don't look at my post count...not sure why u would care either about posts and time frame. Is there an acceptable ratio of posts to time being a member?
I don't have a PC...I use a phone. Writing an OP is not a time-consuming task.
Feel free to try some yourself

Folk on this forum have slagged me off for posting a lot over the last 10 years, but guess what OP, every single day l see young folk with their heads in an iPhone, riding bikes with their head in a phone, at the dinner table, anywhere. In fact if they did not go to school or their job they would be laying on a sofa with their head in an iPhone, most adults are the same. So has this oldy got to do the same when out and about, is this the adjustment l must make instead of going to the gym and move weights, stop going places to sing farang stuff, stop helping folk with English, stop helping farangs older than me with their paperwork, so what should l be doing.....?

21 hours ago, Gary A said:

It's not easy having a 25 year old mind and a seventy year old body. You young pups will eventually get in that situation also.

Well finally someone with a logical answer. Quit trying to bait us old farts. We are happy at this stage of our life and life comes at you in stages and then you suddenly fall off of the stage and your kaput. 

JJ

c'mon man,lighten up.

Lets do it together

1,2,3,Its just a jump to the left,and then a step to the right.

You put your hands on your hips,and bring your knees in tight.
Now do the pelvic thrust,it nearly drives you insayyyien.

Lets do the time warp again.

There there JJ bet you feel better now.:blush:

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

JJ

c'mon man,lighten up.

Lets do it together

1,2,3,Its just a jump to the left,and then a step to the right.

You put your hands on your hips,and bring your knees in tight.
Now do the pelvic thrust,it nearly drives you insayyyien.

Lets do the time warp again.

There there JJ bet you feel better now.:blush:

Doubt it, he won't put his iPone down to do that stuff....:w00t:

1 hour ago, davo2003 said:

"Those people are called 'conservatives'. They fear change... they would be stagnant back home as well."

Odd statement. I've never known a connservative to fear change. Plenty of left wingerz I do know that fear change so much they won't even sit with a right leaning person.

conservative 

adjective con·ser·va·tive \kən-ˈsər-və-tiv\

Simple Definition of conservative
        : believing in the value of established and traditional practices in politics and society.
        : not liking or accepting changes or new ideas.

A 70 year old guy from New York sleeps with an 18 year old.

The next day, he goes to church to confess.

"Father, Father, " he says, "I slept with an 18 year old."

The priest looks at the old man through the partition of the confessional, and says,

"Your Jewish.  Why are you telling me this?"

The old guy replies,

"I'm telling everyone!"