Flu shots in Pattaya???

Jools

Where is the best place to get a flu shot (only) in Pattaya? Please don't tell me to go to a hospital. I've gone to quite a few of the clinics, including the one I went to last year and they ALL told me I needed to go to a hospital. I did that and it cost me exactly TWICE what it cost last year after they took my blood pressure and temperature. I paid over 1200 baht, which is more than I had to pay in the USA. There are bound to be cheaper options. Any advice appreciated.

Edited by Jools

If you want the latest seasonal flu shot vaccine, if the clinics told you it's only available at a hospital maybe they are right. I'm sure if they could administer them they would...why wouldn't they? I know clinics and doctor offices can administer vaccines for things like rabies, tenanas, hepetitus, and the like but maybe the annual flu vaccines are only available at hospitals.

You could always try the government hospitals, e.g., Banglamung or that new Pattaya Hospital on Bua Khow. Maybe they are cheaper than the private hospitals in town.

Pattaya City Expats Club has flu shots on 16 Oct. for 700 Baht.

Come to 9 October meeting at the "Tavern by the sea" at the north end of Beach road to sign up.

Map, meeting info, etc. at pcecclub.org

Its also a good group of people to check out.

Pattaya City Expat Club is making an offer with regard to flu shots.....come to one of the Sunday meetings at Tavern by the Sea on Beach Road near the Amari Hotel...to get the details....meetings start after the 9 am hour...?

Edited by chicowoodduck
Spelling

On 10/4/2016 at 8:22 AM, d2g said:

Pattaya City Expats Club has flu shots on 16 Oct. for 700 Baht.

Come to 9 October meeting at the "Tavern by the sea" at the north end of Beach road to sign up.

Map, meeting info, etc. at pcecclub.org

Its also a good group of people to check out.

The Pattaya City Expats Club has arranged now for several years for a Hospital to bring the annual flu vaccine to their meeting along with nurses to administer the shot. On October 16, nurses from Phyathai Hospital Sriracha will be administering the vaccine to members and guests.  However, it is necessary to "signup" at their meetings prior to October 16 - you do not have to be a member of the PCEC. Usually there are 50 to 60 people getting the vaccine - The Hospital discounts the price of the shot - this year, the price is 700 baht.

Phyathai Hospital Sriracha also offers their Club members a 10% discount on certain items (medicines, room, etc.) and they usually have a speaker from the Hospital give a presentation every other month.

57 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

A slight detour...but what are the pros and cons of getting these annual flu shots? Ive never gotten them and have managed  to made it to 50. Aren't they just a virus cocktail of what they think the current seasons flu will be?

Like you I've made it to 66 without one

Mind you there has been a glass or 8 of alcohol pass through the system

2 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

OK that is good in you live in Pattaya but I live in Bangkok so where is a good place to go living in Bangkok other than a hospital ?

This is the Pattaya page ,try the Bangkok page:thumbsup:

if you are smart, you will save yourself the time, money, trouble

flu shot, seriously in 2016 ?

look at the CDC page, it is useless 

and the free chemicals you get , go party into your brain or you think aluminium, msg, chicken embryo & aborted human foetal cells are a good thing ?

1 minute ago, adhd said:

if you are smart, you will save yourself the time, money, trouble

flu shot, seriously in 2016 ?

look at the CDC page, it is useless 

and the free chemicals you get , go party into your brain or you think aluminium, msg, chicken embryo & aborted human foetal cells are a good thing ?

I have never had the flu in thirty years, either here or in the UK, so why should I get any shots?

Buy the stuff at some big pharma chain like Fascino on North-Patty Rd. with a syringe and just inject yourself.

It's an intramuscular shot, hardly a way you can botch this using your lateral deltoid.

Used to do that with inoculations in Germany when I had to buy them myself on prescription obtained from my GP and were supposed to get a new appointment with him to get the actual shot... too much hassle. So I just unwrapped the thing and injected myself in front of the rather shocked bunny behind the counter of the pharmacy. Good to do in a public place for the remote chance you get an allergic shock (near zero).

Clioics point you correctly to the hospital.

About 1100 THB is what you pay that is including the doctors and hospital fee when a 'health check'.

in Bangkok it was yesterday 1100 THB and needed two shots so in total it was 2200 THB with one month interval. The vaccine was covered by the insurance.

And even not covered, it is cheaper then to fly to the states and get it there.

Most foreign insurers as well Thai inrusrers support preventive vaccines.

Actually I personally not understand why you complain about things that are covered if you have a normal heatlh insurance plan.

5 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

OK that is good in you live in Pattaya but I live in Bangkok so where is a good place to go living in Bangkok other than a hospital ?

Isn't there a doctor's clinic on your soi? Or on a nearby street? Have you asked there? If you have to go to a hospital I recommend Chulalongkorn University Hospital. My late wife got good treatment there and my granddaughter had one of her babies there, and it wasn't all that expensive.

Flu shots do not work and worse still they can make you very sick. They all contain ajuvants like aluminum, mercury and other toxic poisons. Not worth the risk. Save your money and eat 1 clove of garlic every morning on an empty stomach and drink fresh squeezed lemon juice and if your still worried about catching the flu wear a medical mask when you go to malls or other crowded places. Lord Nelson used to give his sailors a good dose of rum every day and that prevented a lot of illnesses.  

On 10/6/2016 at 1:50 PM, lungnorm said:

Flu shots do not work and worse still they can make you very sick. They all contain ajuvants like aluminum, mercury and other toxic poisons. Not worth the risk. Save your money and eat 1 clove of garlic every morning on an empty stomach and drink fresh squeezed lemon juice and if your still worried about catching the flu wear a medical mask when you go to malls or other crowded places. Lord Nelson used to give his sailors a good dose of rum every day and that prevented a lot of illnesses.  

Its very clear you have no real education to make a comment like this without any backup as to where you know this is fact

Flue shots do in fact work and there is oodles of info on them from the USA CDC with regard to this

Glad you are not my doctor

On 10/6/2016 at 1:50 PM, lungnorm said:

So ,where did you study medicine ? do tell

Bangkok hospital clinic on Sukumvit just before Thepprasit Rd. Had mine last Friday THB 900 this price is only for the clinic at main hospital about THB1600. Cheers.

Beat me to it ,I was just about to post,just had it done,great service 900 all in including BP,and talk with the ( very pretty doctor)

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk