Military orders all boat trailers at Bali Hai pier in Pattaya moved out by tomorrow 

webfact

1 minute ago, kimchibob said:

As of this afternoon (2 hrs ago), there was no evidence of any boats or trailers being removed, at least at the north end by the boat ramp. Looked like business as usual to me.

Just out of curiosity, what percentage of them would you say actually get off their trailers and go to work each day? 

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Im loving the military rule....they actually get things done. 

Yes they do get stuff done,    i like it as well.  :thumbsup:

but not for the best every time.

Think they have just inadvertently,   made  a new Bus / Coach  park for the Chinese zero dollar tourists. :saai:

2 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

They probably want the boats moving so they are not damaged when the illegally built condo block is demolished. We have only been waiting a year for this.

Are you talking about that huge high rise condo under construction. Please advise.

6 hours ago, Borzandy said:

I promise I go to see this move tomorrow. I would like to see how all these trailers illegally occupying these public lands for many years will be able to move.

Hi don't think it's for years. My understanding is that they are not talking about the central big boats park, where trailers - with or without boat - are authorized to park. It's more about this park now to small and then boats/trailers parking along the Waterfront condo, on the street and promenade towards the lighthouse and - the most recent and more annoying move - on what was a car park between the clock-tower and the sea.

6 hours ago, DrTuner said:

That's positive. Sink 'em somewhere halfway to China. The strip used to be a nice place to do some bbq and chill. The entire Bali Hai area is now an eyesore, including that hideous tower.

Sink them to make an artificial reef- that way they would be of some use.

I'll go down tomorrow evening to see if anything did happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

9 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Come on lets see what happens tomorrow...

Once the allotted time has expired and the army proves they mean business and the owners start to panic and want to claim their trailers before they go for scrap they should be fined say 5,000B for the privilege, then those other people who chose to flout the law may get the message ...the army means business.

10 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

what you are looking at is the main No1 defacto Mafia in Chonburi, they operate boats - jetskis - bahtbuses - taxis and a lot more

Move out from tomorrow?Ok.Great.And move in back when?I lived in Pattaya for 11 years and i dont see whats the problem to parking the boat there?Illegaly parked?So fine them and put a daily or monthly fees for parking them.At that point,if nobody agree,they can think to move or find another solution.

5 hours ago, johng said:

@Pattaya46     :shock1:  :biggrin:    did you have a feeling someone was following you this morning ???

low_IMG_20161005_114542.jpg

low_IMG_20161005_114708.jpg

IMG_20161005_115149_1 (Large).jpg

So they have now moved them to right in front of the Waterfront condo.

Guess they have to amend their sales brochure with " condo with scrap yard view".

On 10/5/2016 at 8:57 AM, NanLaew said:

What? You have been down the pier this morning and seen them moving the trailers out already?

No I've not been to the pier. I was commenting on the thread as was not the future.

I went down yesterday evening. The boats are still being parked on the big area by the ramp, but is that the "carpark" referred to in the OP or is that legal boat parking area?

What is in no dispute though is that I could see boats parked along the road leading to the lighthouse, and that is NOT legal boat parking. I didn't go that far, so don't know how far down the road boats were being parked.

I did see that some boats were moored in the derelict marina.

On 05/10/2016 at 7:35 PM, Anthony5 said:

So they have now moved them to right in front of the Waterfront condo.

Guess they have to amend their sales brochure with " condo with scrap yard view".

The boats have been parking in that tarmacked area long before the Waterfront condo was built 

they also use that area for the Christmas / New year and Music festival so at times its very very noisy. ( + scrap yard view )

The "super high tech marina" was supposed to have allowed the speed boats to stay on the water  but raised out by buoyancy floats

(so no need for trailers any more )

these are what you can see in my second photo ..all stacked up on the  shore line  broken before it even opened !!

All the boat trailers where removed from the sea side of the road where they put them I don't know , they didn't go under or on the fly over as I suspected they would, maybe the nice men in green found some land nearby to use.

view in 2009

IMG_1305 (Large).JPG

robotic parking park destroyed

IMG_1305 copy.jpg

Edited by johng