Pheu Thai demands names of those who joined General Prawit’s trip to Hawaii

webfact

Pheu Thai demands names of those who joined General Prawit’s trip to Hawaii

ea7904acfa81cb445e8d713c918b4fe1-wpcf_72

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai party has demanded the government to disclose the identities of the 38-member entourage led by Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan who visited Hawaii to attend the meeting of Asean and US defence ministers during September 29-October 1.

Pheu Thai acting spokesman Anusorn Iamsa-ard told a press conference on Tuesday that the public would like to know more about the controversial trip, including the names of the members of General Prawit’s entourage, their necessity to join the trip and their actual spending of the entire trip, among others.

“The society is awaiting answers from the government,” said Anusorn, adding that venting frustration to distract attention from the issues or blaming insiders to leak the information about the trip will not help clear public doubt.

Even if the government came into the office under special circumstances, the acting spokesman noted that the government must be held accountable to the people and must come under public’s scrutiny.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pheu-thai-demands-names-joined-general-prawits-trip-hawaii/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-04

48 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Just imagining the response if some group had demanded same information about trips made by members of the previous shin governments.

The same response as the Thai people are getting from this government, the one that can't stop touting its own piousness and looks down on everybody as morally inferior?  Do I get an internet point?

Asking for a government any government to be accountable is not wrong. I want to know if there were other family members on that flight or the toy boys of the generals?  If they won't be open and honest, we can only be cynical or worse. Did they have naked pole dancers on that plane?

Edited by Alive

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Asking for a government any government to be accountable is not wrong. I want to know if there were other family members on that flight or the toy boys of the generals?  If they won't be open and honest, we can only be cynical or worse. Did they have naked pole dancers on that plane?

maybe they all brought their own personal hair dresser at 9k Euro a pop lol

The plane was a charter - I am sure there were empty seats, why not fill them if they have the space, I see nothing wrong with that at all provided any extra required accommodation wasn't paid for with expenses although it wouldn't surprise me if it was

2 hours ago, Alive said:

Wife..sister in law...brother.....does the public need to believe that 38 people were all on the mission......?

If this is an elected government, Parliment will see an uproar demanding for answer and possibly a no confidence motion and people on the streets. This junta government should count themselves lucky as they can haul them for AA or worse. Or they will just ask their crony corruption agencies to pretentiously skim  through the case and declared them totally legal. Case close like all the previous alleged corruption cases. 

That jumbo jet does carry a lot of people. Might as well fill it.
It wasn't that discrete to see a Thai Airways jet sitting at an airport which doesn't fly to Honolulu directly.

Maybe they should've blackened out the logos like in the past?

Hell will freeze over before Pheu Thai gets a response... We just need to look to our neighbours in Myanmar to get an idea of what is coming in Thailand... 

Will the people let it happen?
Myanmar and Thailand are in no way similar. The Thai will only bow down so far. This government professes it will last a 1000 years. We all know our history. European and Thai. One day this lot in charge will be gone and a new lot of BS will replace them.

As Elton John said and I quote:-
"In the circle of life.
It's the wheel of fortune"

1 hour ago, smedly said:

maybe they all brought their own personal hair dresser at 9k Euro a pop lol

The plane was a charter - I am sure there were empty seats, why not fill them if they have the space, I see nothing wrong with that at all provided any extra required accommodation wasn't paid for with expenses although it wouldn't surprise me if it was

Well, one would wonder why a Boeing 747 with more than 400 seats was needed for only 38 officials, if not for bringing familly and friends! ;)

If not, maybe it was just for comfort. With more than 10 seats/passenger, they must have plenty of space to stretch their legs! :)

Just imagining the response if some group had demanded same information about trips made by members of the previous shin governments.

They can't help it.They just have to dodge the issue and refer back to the Shins - even though as in this case the comparison is stupid and meaningless.As the proverb goes, the dog always returns to its vomit.

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

ah, so maybe you have an example where one of the previous governments (Yingluck, Mark, ... pick any of them) spent $6-$7 Million on air travel for a single trip... 

Right? I mean, just imagine if that had happened. ... Of course. It would have been a horrible misuse of public funds. I bet it would have been investigated, and investigated. Heck if that had happened, there would have been a coup on-the-spot.... 

But of course nothing like that ever happened, now did it?

Jeeez, ... 

6 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

They were attending a security conference so I would expect the passenger list is a state secret.

If it wasn't before it will be now as some of the names on it would likely be highly suspect.

No secret

passengers.jpg

11 minutes ago, fxe1200 said:

No secret

passengers.jpg

Great, thanks for that. Now all that's needed is the justification for them being needed in the delegation.

11 full generals, 1 police general and an air chief marshal plus lots of subordinates.

No. 40, apparently a foreigner, and 3 passengers on the return only.

Original it was supposedly 38 but 43 listed !

Edited by NongKhaiKid

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Great, thanks for that. Now all that's needed is the justification for them being needed in the delegation.

11 full generals, 1 police general and an air chief marshal plus lots of subordinates.

No. 40, apparently a foreigner, and 3 passengers on the return only.

Original it was supposedly 38 but 43 listed !

2 ACM's mate. Interestingly no naval personnel. And the conference is on maritime security???

19 hours ago, scorecard said:

Fair point.

But does that point make this current demand any less valid??