Do you tell your partner u have a Will?

georgegeorgia

On October 9, 2016 at 2:13 AM, georgemandm said:

That's it yes , if you have problem I not care .

am I give anyone advice no I am not I am saying what I do that is not advice is it .

why should I give all Those things to make a thai woman happy let her work and do it for her self I will give her a start she can never get in thailand.

read what I said ok yes she takes care of me yes but I can take care of my self ok 

I said in my post I take good care of her as well ok .

I am not going to put my hard money in to a country like thailand,  I am not that stupid.

when I die she can do with  what she wants with her money, like I will not no will I , I will be dead.

This poster is the type of man that gives all farangs a bad reputation. 

Definitely very into himself. 

As for "not going to put my money into a country like Thailand", I guess that means he only wants to  "take and enjoy", not "give back". 

Hmm. Thank goodness he is a minority (or so I hope).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, neeray said:

As for "not going to put my money into a country like Thailand", I guess that means he only wants to  "take and enjoy", not "give back". 

Well said

4 minutes ago, neeray said:

I agree 100% people like the OP hopefully are in a minority here.

I have a Thai will, my wife was with me when it was drawn up, everything i have in Thailand goes to her.

Never for one moment have i doubts about her never.

If she wanted me out of the way and take everything she could have done it when i was incapacitated after my accident.

I had a off shore will and after we married we made a combined will. The advantage of a combined will is that in case we both die at the same time there is no clash between wills. The other advantage was that the wife could explain to her family what will happen if she or both of us die.

On 10/9/2016 at 11:09 AM, Deepinthailand said:

Can't see the point if being married if you keep secrets from each other. Problem with secrets is in the end they come out and cause a major problem. Just be honest and open from the very start. Awaiting the doomsayers never trust a thai brigade, Doom and gloom merchants they will be here soon.

OH my bad there already here spreading there rubish.

i cant see the point of getting married. you should never let your girl know you are worth more to her dead. i made a will when i had my first kid with my thai girl. i have everything set up so she get the income from my 3 houses in nz but on 18 our 2 kids get the actual houses. i told her about the will because i dont want her being under stress of not being able to take care of our kids if i kick the bucket. i am only 42 but good to have everything in place just in case.

1 hour ago, bamukloy said:

Suprising that so many on here dont trust Thais in general, Thai lawyers or actually anyone in power with the means to be corrupt.

So, who would be the executor of your will if the benefactors are in Thailand?

The only ones I would trust is my own family, (by that i mean flesh and blood)

but there is no way on Earth id lump them with such a task.

If your upcountry it seems the MO (once you go) is that anything on your property is a free for all for the Thai family. Not much use having wills.

As others have mentioned, you are best leaving a portion in a bank account here for your Thai family, gf.

the rest would be banked in own country with a will you know will be followed through and given to people that actually deserve it.

And these "if you cant trust your wife......" nutters 

well im sure that was the thoughts of the xxxx's that got done over on houses and other assets.

What do you mean Thais in general? I don't trust ANY lawyers from any country. I made the mistake of totally trusting my quite wealthy US live in girlfriend and lived to regret that. I have learned from my mistakes. You have to make sure that you take care of number one because it is entirely possible that no one else is going to look after you. I do trust my Thai wife of more than ten years, BUT, not with her in control of all my liquid assets. Everything else already belongs to her with the exception of my condo. Both motorbikes are in her name and we each have a vehicle. She has a car and I have a truck. Families have a way of influencing your loved one especially when you are approaching the end of your days. My wife farms and also works. I have absolutely no idea of how much money she has and I don't care so why does she need to know how much I have? I have seen a lot of life and have seen many dirty tricks on both sides of husband and wife situations. You do it your way and I'll do it my way.

Perhaps you can mention it  but don't divulge the contents .Once  known they will be better off after your demise at the very least it won't be long before they request an' advance ' on their inheritance whenever a family crisis occurs.

I would say if you are married you should tell youre wife.Youre will also needs to be registered.Then again.If youre married you dont realy need a will.She will get all anyways.

For my own sake I am not married and I never will, so for me everything also work out by itself.My kid here in Thailand will get what is mine here and my kid from my own country will get what is there.I think that is fair and square.I propably will also put some words down as time goes by.Nobody knows what I am good for in numbers.

Yes i have made a will told my partner what is in it.

My friend in the UK has a copy.

It saves a lot of problems to have a will when one partner dies - as my husband did.

Then there can be no arguments - especially if there are family members involved - I have only a very well off older brother who needs nothing.

3 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Slightly off topic or maybe not, if you do have a will then who do you inform that you have one (or two) in place for the time when it would be needed

It's not always that the same lawyers would be used for all requirements and there could be two wills accounting for this country and the persons country of origin

Just curious

Useful info in here -

To partly answer your question I have a younger brother and a friend nominated as Executors for my UK will.

There's an old saying in Thailand that I've found valuable to remember through the years:

If you're living here, best to be worth more ALIVE (to those around you) than dead.

I have a will and other financial documents in a very well sealed envelope at home. The wife knows it's there (but not the details of what's inside), and that she should open it if I ever die unexpectedly.

But I've also told her very clearly, if she ever opens it BEFORE I'm dead, that I'll cancel everything inside. (I'm not sure I'd really do that, but that's what I've told her repeatedly, in no uncertain terms).

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's an old saying in Thailand that I've found valuable to remember through the years:

If you're living here, best to be worth more ALIVE (to those around you) than dead.

I have a will and other financial documents in a very well sealed envelope at home. The wife knows it's there (but not the details of what's inside), and that she should open it if I ever die unexpectedly.

But I've also told her very clearly, if she ever opens it BEFORE I'm dead, that I'll cancel everything inside. (I'm not sure I'd really do that, but that's what I've told her repeatedly, in no uncertain terms).

Curiosity will force her to open it before time. Women are what they are.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Depends on the woman, I suppose. Four year and running thus far, hasn't happened yet.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Depends on the woman, I suppose. Four year and running thus far, hasn't happened yet.

She will never open it  in peace time. Wait when there is a major issue at hand. Just my guess.Lol!!!

3 hours ago, Gary A said:

What do you mean Thais in general? I don't trust ANY lawyers from any country. I made the mistake of totally trusting my quite wealthy US live in girlfriend and lived to regret that. I have learned from my mistakes. You have to make sure that you take care of number one because it is entirely possible that no one else is going to look after you. I do trust my Thai wife of more than ten years, BUT, not with her in control of all my liquid assets. Everything else already belongs to her with the exception of my condo. Both motorbikes are in her name and we each have a vehicle. She has a car and I have a truck. Families have a way of influencing your loved one especially when you are approaching the end of your days. My wife farms and also works. I have absolutely no idea of how much money she has and I don't care so why does she need to know hocw much I have? I have seen a lot

3 hours ago, Gary A said:

What do you mean Thais in general? I don't trust ANY lawyers from any country. I made the mistake of totally trusting my quite wealthy US live in girlfriend and lived to regret that. I have learned from my mistakes. You have to make sure that you take care of number one because it is entirely possible that no one else is going to look after you. I do trust my Thai wife of more than ten years, BUT, not with her in control of all my liquid assets. Everything else already belongs to her with the exception of my condo. Both motorbikes are in her name and we each have a vehicle. She has a car and I have a truck. Families have a way of influencing your loved one especially when you are approaching the end of your days. My wife farms and also

No argument from me Gary. Some very good tips.

The bottom line is, even when married in our own culture, you cannot really know a woman well enough to predict how she will act in a break-up.

Here that issue is x100.

Im sure you have been on these forums long enough to have read and remember the many guys who came to a grissly end from the "brother" who visited in the night.. while the wife was out of town.

The guys on here who are following those nice western gentlemany sentiments probably have not.

Not saying it is a common occurance, but if you have ever seen Thai lady scorned....

More beneficial,that your wife has a will if she dies the family will descend on you like 

locusts,you will be left with almost nothing,(Thai Law) happened to people I knew 

before one in particular had house 2 bars she died m/c accident they left him with one 

bar,must have been 8/9 of them parked up in the bars,god knows how many in the 

house...............

On 10/9/2016 at 8:51 AM, Henryford said:

I made a will with a tgf that was with me for several years. We have now split up. Should i be worried and avoid high places?

Where  there is a Will ,  there  is  a   way .

Avoid crossing roads , etc . 555

Hi to all that need a wake-up call.

Most girls know about the Austraila (or other foreigner)  plans and that most man will have some money of about 1M or more.

So that is not the news for them just a question how to get it.

and about the last will

what that last will is really is telling, that one only can find out the after the person really did pass away. 

11 hours ago, Grubster said:

You have to tell them, Darling I get the money every month until I die, Then finished. Make the will but don't tell her. She will do her best to keep you alive this way.

Actually since I am a quadruple dipper, this statement is correct..........when I die, so do the annuities.........best keep me alive as long as we can  (haha)  and she is okay with that.

On 10/8/2016 at 7:14 PM, georgemandm said:

You have to seat back and see your work mate lose the lot then tell him I told you so that's it .

Like all the first timers they get burnt and then complaining about it to there friends .

You see GEORGE I have lost friends over trying to tell them and help them when it comes telling them about thai woman I am sick of it so now , I just say up to you .

It has something to do with the the  colour of the thai pussy I think haha .

You see you have to tell your thai girl friend from day one how it is if she not like it then tell her we're the door is .

I have a new one now the last one was a C??? , But I have told the new one before I meet her this is how it is ok NO , CAR , HOME , GOLD , RICE LAND , NO MONTHLY IN COME , SIN SOR and she understands how it is she did try and move the gold post after 2 months but told her you no were the door is and she is great now .

You see what happens here not all , but for most of the  foreign men they get suck in to the thai pussy and can't say NO to there thai partners and it is up to them but not complain when it turns to shit .

Thailand is not for everyone, tell your work friend and tell him to read some books about the place.

Yes I will make a will and I have told my new thai lady this is what you will get at the end when I die she will be very , very well off after my death .

But I take good care of her and help here mum out not a lot but I do help out when I can .

I say it as I see it in thailand and lots on this web sit TV not like me but that is ok because lots of people not like the truth and I have never said anything that is not true here , but you see man who make  excuses for coming to thailand get on here and complain about it all the time , if you come here good I say I am happy for you but didn't try and run your own country down to use this as a  excuse to come to thailand , because you own country give you the chance to come to thailand and live very well off .

guaranteed she is looking for Plan B as we speak

You need to tell your wife about a will, so she can adequately deal with your death.  If you don't tell her because of trust issues, then you shouldn't have married...if you are together for years and still don't trust her, then you're just lazy and selfish and need to move on or be alone...don't let her waste her life by spending years of her life on someone who doesn't trust her...