2 month overstay. No money and no ticket home

19 minutes ago, ldiablo72 said:

Very typical of Western countries with their citizens. People work and pay numerous different types of taxes and then when that same citizen finds himself/herself stuck in a country with no means to an end they basically abandon them like garbage. Countries should be obligated by law to at the very least provide a loan for its citizens to get back to their native country. And by loan I don't mean give them the actual money, but to have someone from the embassy pay the overstay fine and purchase the airline ticket. It really goes to show just how much your country really cares about its citizens at home and abroad.

All Western countries emphasis the need to respect other countries laws. There is no means by which a country can interfere with another countries legal processes. 

I do not believe many tax payers of Western countries would support their money being spent on miscreants who fall foul of another countries Laws and I doubt the subject of this thread was paying much tax whilst at the same time racking up an overstay in Thailand.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ldiablo72 said:

Very typical of Western countries with their citizens. People work and pay numerous different types of taxes and then when that same citizen finds himself/herself stuck in a country with no means to an end they basically abandon them like garbage. Countries should be obligated by law to at the very least provide a loan for its citizens to get back to their native country. And by loan I don't mean give them the actual money, but to have someone from the embassy pay the overstay fine and purchase the airline ticket. It really goes to show just how much your country really cares about its citizens at home and abroad.

And what great country are you from which would bail out your irresponsibility ? Your taxes are not meant as a free pass to break the laws of another country. If he is being persecuted unfairly he can always seek refuge at his embassy but you already know that booze and birds and being irresponsible is not considered political persecution by most nations.

Help your "friend" these threads are always the same and are pretty much proof that the law is beginning to work. If you like him that much and take the pain of registering a post on his behalf when you, yourself has a suspiciously low post count, then help him. 

Other than that you don't seem to care too much. Let him rot. If you don't care enough to help you are asking us a lot all things being equal. 

• Like 1

The OP creates a brand-new profile and then says "Someone I know is on a 2-month overstay with no money..." The OP should just admit it's him. Almost every single one of these "Someone I know..." posts is the actual person writing it. He obviously still has a computer, or is paying an internet cafe by the minute, so he must have access to some money.

9 minutes ago, Thainess said:

He obviously still has a computer, or is paying an internet cafe by the minute, so he must have access to some money.

Yeah big money, 15 thb an hour. And using a friend's smartphone is free. You know what smartphones are, right?

• Like 1