motorbike driver's license questions

jayjay2001

I have done some internet searching for answers to my following questions and didn't find answers.  So, I am asking here.  I apologize if they are previously answered somewhere on TV.

I live in Pattaya and need to get  new motorbike driver's license, so I'll b going to the Pattaya Dept. of Motor Vehicles.  I previously had a 5-year motorbike DL, but it has expired.

I do have a current U.S. driver's license with a motorcycle rating.

Questions:

-- Is there a motorbike specific manual anywhere in English for the Thai test?  I understand I will probably have to take a written test.  I have seen example questions on various web pages, but the questions appear to be for car driver's license.  I don't know if there is a separate written test for motorbike vs car.

--With the info provided above about my expired 5-year Thai motorbike license-- and having a current U.S. motorbike license-- does any one know if I do indeed need to take a written and/or riding test?

Thanks,

John

Edited by seedy
bold

The published rules allow renewing within one year after expiry without additional efforts.

So as written physical tests and sitting to watch some video (tutoring).

Sometimes the video watching is waived.

Unfortunately the DLT site in English has been reorganized (again?) and I can't find the description.

Edited by KhunBENQ

38 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The published rules allow renewing within one year after expiry without additional efforts.

So as written physical tests and sitting to watch some video (tutoring).

Sometimes the video watching is waived.

Unfortunately the DLT site in English has been reorganized (again?) and I can't find the description.

KhunBENQ,

Thanks for the information.  I really appreciate it.