Belgian pensioner vs Thai Hi-So Benz driver - he went for me first, says Thai

rooster59

Looks like the "Belgian pensioner" instigated the whole thing (his mouth overloaded his knickers) As for as the Thai guy punching him, I really doubt that he knew how old he was and he could have done some serious damage when the farange was on the ground, but he  didn't and chose to return to his car instead.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just imagine the loss of face if you told Thais that their hi-so treasured Mercedes car is used as a taxi in Germany. Oh the shame. There would be mass suicide :cheesy:

I knew a German guy which owns a Taxi company with more than 30 vehicles. I asked him, why Mercedes He told me, he tried many brands within the decades he is in the business. Other German brands like Audi and VW, french cars, japanese cars. Finally he came to he conclusion, that the purchase of mercedes might be more expensive, but in the longer term, the quality of the cars is so high, it becomes cheap use this cars as Taxis.

1 hour ago, getreal said:

once again we see that the original report and headline was a gross exageration to outrage the farang readership. 30years old or 50.

I often see these grumpy old euroeans being rude to the thais.around pattaya and have told them i will hurt them if they continue. In everywhere from banks to 7-11 to a hostpital.

They often have a much younger "girlfriend" in tow who seems usedto their aggressiveness.

They should be thrown out if they cant learn to keep.their cool, it isnt europe here, it is thailand, jai yen yen,   love it or leave it.

and dont forget to tell this  to all the "Thais"

3 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

I knew a German guy which owns a Taxi company with more than 30 vehicles. I asked him, why Mercedes He told me, he tried many brands within the decades he is in the business. Other German brands like Audi and VW, french cars, japanese cars. Finally he came to he conclusion, that the purchase of mercedes might be more expensive, but in the longer term, the quality of the cars is so high, it becomes cheap use this cars as Taxis.

many tests show them not to be so with Japanese brands  topping the  list for reliability

How many non Thais driving in Thailand know the rules of the road, written and unwritten? The Thai was probably driving normally and was offended when the foreigner who doesn't seem to know the rules thinks that he has the right to take a picture. However I don't think that the law allows anyone to punch anyone except in self defence which is probably why the Thai went straight to the police to explain why chasing after the pensioner was necessary to defend himself. They seemed to agree because nothing seems to have come of it.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, getreal said:

once again we see that the original report and headline was a gross exageration to outrage the farang readership. 30years old or 50.

I often see these grumpy old euroeans being rude to the thais.around pattaya and have told them i will hurt them if they continue. In everywhere from banks to 7-11 to a hostpital.

They often have a much younger "girlfriend" in tow who seems usedto their aggressiveness.

They should be thrown out if they cant learn to keep.their cool, it isnt europe here, it is thailand, jai yen yen,   love it or leave it.

It´s seems like you fit in perfectly with the angry ones, because you also threathen with violence if they continue. Otherwise it´s a nice copy you made of my TV-name. Cheers from the real Get Real.

1 minute ago, Get Real said:

It´s seems like you fit in perfectly with the angry ones, because you also threathen with violence if they continue. Otherwise it´s a nice copy you made of my TV-name. Cheers from the real Get Real.

Be careful or the fake get real will "Hurt" you.

11 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

How many non Thais driving in Thailand know the rules of the road, written and unwritten? The Thai was probably driving normally and was offended when the foreigner who doesn't seem to know the rules thinks that he has the right to take a picture. However I don't think that the law allows anyone to punch anyone except in self defence which is probably why the Thai went straight to the police to explain why chasing after the pensioner was necessary to defend himself. They seemed to agree because nothing seems to have come of it.

How many Thai's know the road rules in their own country

Better still how many have a license that was obtained WITH OUT paying for it ???   :cheesy:

6 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Add to that a real problem with anger management, and any small Incident has the potential to end like this one.

So true and physical confrontation will get you no where.Doesn't take much to be knocked down, you head hits the road and you could be history.

This is not so new ,its just everyone it seems has a phone camera.

3 hours ago, coma said:

What a pathetic stick up that was. The Thai guy hits like a girl. Had the Foreigner not been so old I guess he would have given him a right old flogging. A blatant case of "handbags at forty paces."

But I can't see much happening about this one. The farang blatantly instigated the physical altercation [idiot considering his age]. But the attack had ceased when the Thai guy got up enough courage to have a go himself. They should both be charged for dangerous driving and being clowns in a public place.

Based on what? the Thai was a farging idiot and spoilt brat mental case.

The falang was stupid to get out of his car, you wont win an argument racing these fools as they will run you off the road better to back off as you may also get shot.

The Thai was in the wrong the falang was stupid even though he was probably right he should of let the guy just pass and forgot it.

If he could have fought well he may be in jail now or might have been the victim of a gang assault.

You aint got many friends in a stand alone in this country.

3 hours ago, coma said:

What a pathetic stick up that was. The Thai guy hits like a girl. Had the Foreigner not been so old I guess he would have given him a right old flogging. A blatant case of "handbags at forty paces."

But I can't see much happening about this one. The farang blatantly instigated the physical altercation [idiot considering his age]. But the attack had ceased when the Thai guy got up enough courage to have a go himself. They should both be charged for dangerous driving and being clowns in a public place.

Is there more evidence showing the Belgian was in the wrong? All I saw from that clip was a Thai man attacking an old guy from behind as he walked away. Where is the report of his dangerous driving? Clicking on the link goes straight to a Thai written piece, unless any of you were physically there how can you make such a sweeping judgment of a man that was physically assaulted from behind?

Atcharawadee Hattercant. 38, said that her husband had done nothing.

She is a liar, her husband came out of the car and is 100% wrong.

When it's time to support Thai let's support them !

You play cowboy you get what cowboys deserve !

Edited by abab

4 minutes ago, abab said:

She is a liar, her husband cane out of the car and is 100% wrong.

When it's time to support Thai let's support them !

You play cowboy you get what cowboys deserve !

How can you prove she is a liar? Go on, prove it. He "cane" out of his car therefore he's guilty? English not your first language then, nor it seems is coherent and intelligent thinking? 

Tell me why it's ok to assault an old man from behind after first carving him up on the road in a dangerous driving incident? 

hopefully, the Belgian will join TV and post the entire wife's video of the Thai being scared of a camera phone videoing his face.

Being afraid of being revealed in the truth of what really happened, the thai perp strikes at him, the phone first knocked to the ground.

Thai perp forgot about the Belgian's wife was also videoing the Thai hit, chase, hit again the old man

They were both idiots when driving, and 2 wrongs don't make a right, by stopping and facing each other verbally.

That's simple road rage.

3 wrongs was the Thai driver physically striking the old man.

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

So you seek out elderly European expats and threaten to hurt them?  Have you considered you may have a problem of some sort?

No i dont seek them out at all. Every time i have threatened themthey were swearing at thais who were serving them. Everytime the thai or thais thanked me.

Everytime the aggressive farangs pulled their heads in except for one time in a bank whenthe old italian who was swearing loudly at the staff wanted to have a go. But his "girlfriend" restrained him and he stoppedcarrying on like a spoit baby. When i go to That branch now they offer to serve me first but i decline and just take a number.

I am veryfriendly to nice old people, i just hate seeing farangs be rude to thais.Many posters feel the thais dont like us, if farangs carry on like this then it is no bloody wonder.

Learn some manners or go home.

1 hour ago, lungnorm said:

The Thai is a LIAR the video shows quite clearly who went first. Hope they throw the book at the Thai. The stupid Belgian should never have got out his car.

No, it doesn't. The video shows just a fraction of the whole incident, so there is no way to know what happened right before the Thai guy attacked the Belgian.

2 hours ago, AlphMichaels said:

That's not a real Mercedes...., like so many assembled here.  

Mr. Belgium and Mr. Thailand..., had cooler heads prevailed on both sides, this would not be news.

Jai yen yen.  

or if the  Thais  learned that being a selfish prick really doesnt work........... though it seems sadly  it  does here

42 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I never start it.

So sorry for copying your name.

Get Real is the real deal.

getreal is just a cheap copy.

12 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

How can you prove she is a liar? Go on, prove it. He "cane" out of his car therefore he's guilty? English not your first language then, nor it seems is coherent and intelligent thinking? 

Tell me why it's ok to assault an old man from behind after first carving him up on the road in a dangerous driving incident? 

I have no problem with young or old, you come out from your car, I consider that you are threatening me, you get what you deserve, case closed.

How many Thai's know the road rules in their own country
Better still how many have a license that was obtained WITH OUT paying for it ???   :cheesy:

They all know the rule that if you don't want trouble you accept whatever affront you suffer. The commonest rule of driving in Thailand is 'me first by any means' the more tax you paid buying the car the more entitlement to first place you have, the pensioner didn't seem to understand this rule.

4 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

I just cant believe Mr Hattercant stupidly got out of his car to lob one at a thai driver. Was it to take a photo? This was an assault , whatever age .

Ok, let me get this straight? Because Mr Hattercant had the audacity to get out of his car, that's clearly an incitement to cause violence and justly be the recipient of violence in your eyes and some others here? Both drivers had got out of their cars. You fail to mention that in your biased analysis. The wife too was out of the vehicle, so did she deserve a good kicking also?