Spending Money

Don one

10 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Very easy to do and used to do it myself often a few years back.

That and more ;) start ringing a few bells goin mad with the lady drinks Ive had plenty of nights where I spent more than 10000 in 1 bar, but I was young working offshore... And a stupid c**%

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, SinKhaPoChin said:

i just check my books - all my meals last month add up nicely to very close 12,000. And some of them were delivered by foodpanda.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Some really tasty Italian joint serving pizza and sandwiches on that food panda app in bkk. was near onnut when I last ordered. forgot name but they have a few locations in bkk

On 11/17/2016 at 4:41 PM, Mitkof Island said:

Are you joking ? The Thais will love you as they drain every last baht out of your pocket. You are what they call a two week millionare. Do you plan to flash your money around? Your the type of guy i tend to keep a safe distance from.

12806002_976981692378256_4901177588154880301_n.jpg

You used this same graphic in another thread with the following text.

"You just a bigger bank account to blow on the misses likely will last longer than most ten years instead of two. When it does run dry after she takes you to the cleaners you will have one of two options. End up on the streets begging or becoming the latest member of the (PFC) Pattaya Flying Club."

You do seem a bit obsessed with other people's money and their spending habits. Did something bad happen to you?

Or was it all anecdotal?

13 hours ago, Don one said:

Just booze and girls

Don't sweat it mate, if your budget is 12k a day, you will have a good holiday.

For a really great holiday, help the TAT realize their dream (and target visitors) and visit a temple or two during your stay. You won't spend much on those days and can divide the savings over the remaining days.

Enjoy!!

12 minutes ago, RaggaTwin said:

Spoil sport.

Wow, your selectively cut quote above shows me to be endorse TAT's vision of 'true' tourists..........................:smile:

Question for the clever, how do i reply to a post and show not only the member's answer but what he was replying to as well? I've tried quote and multi-quote but can't figure it......................:sad: 

16 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Wow, your selectively cut quote above shows me to be endorse TAT's vision of 'true' tourists..........................:smile:

Question for the clever, how do i reply to a post and show not only the member's answer but what he was replying to as well? I've tried quote and multi-quote but can't figure it......................:sad: 

Can you multi qoute yourself and the reply and then cut and paste your post into theirs ?

This topic going the same as every topic on this topic.

Some people spend more than others. Some people like to sit down for lunch and have a bottle of red at wine connection, others like to eat thai food. What is right for one person is not right for others.

If you can afford to eat expensively and choose to great, if you can afford to and choose not to then fine each to their own. If you cannot afford it, then great, there is plenty of fun to be had on most budgets.

Personally like others have said, i have blown 12K on nights out, but it is not often anymore as i get older.

If i was on holiday for 2 weeks and that was my budget great, it is plenty for a good time and spend it all and don't think about it.

Enjoy it and tell us all the stories.

I've found that myself and SOME of my friends have burnt out on the bright lights, frantic activities and noise of the city. I am able to enjoy myself on less than 1,000 baht per day. As mentioned, SOME spend 1,000 baht per hour. Bangkok got scratched off my list of enjoyable destinations when Washington Square was razed. That was the place where all my old friends congregated and where we enjoyed shooting the bull and telling lies. Only memories now.

1 minute ago, Anthony5 said:

I really wonder where ever you get a reliable figure about the average spending in Chiang Mai

This issue of monthly spend has come up on TVF a number of times over the years, at one point there was even a poll! Every time we have the debate there are always the extremes, highs and lows but the majority always seem to plump for the 50/60k bracket and most seem to agree that's a sensible level of spending for most households. So of course all of this is circumstantial evidence but based on personal spending habits, I'm inclined to support it as being the closest we're ever likely to get to fact.

On 11/17/2016 at 11:43 PM, Craig krup said:

12000 baht a day is basically a Thai version of Brewster's Millions. You have to (consciously or sub-consciously) choose things because they're expensive. Nobody can actually spend that amount of money shlepping through the day and genuinely doing what they want to do. A group of paratroopers who've spent 3 months in Norway in winter and have gone to Thailand to thaw out* - and who were known to be big drinkers - wouldn't blow through 12,000 baht a day. 

[*One of my pals and his chums!]

Many a gogo on walking street imported spirits are 200 Baht these days, bar fine 1000 Baht, and if a decent looking gal add a multiple of that to the bar fine.

I don't think your pals were that big drinkers, or they just spent their nights at the concrete tables of a 7/11, and did some handwork at the end of the night.

Edited by Anthony5

3 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

This issue of monthly spend has come up on TVF a number of times over the years, at one point there was even a poll! Every time we have the debate there are always the extremes, highs and lows but the majority always seem to plump for the 50/60k bracket and most seem to agree that's a sensible level of spending for most households. So of course all of this is circumstantial evidence but based on personal spending habits, I'm inclined to support it as being the closest we're ever likely to get to fact.

So you consider any poll on Thaivisa, especially when it concerns financials or personal skills and background, reliable?

I guess I heard enough then.

I bet a poll about how many were married to a prostitute would give a you an average of below 10%

If you can't think of ways to spend 12,000 a day, you're not using your imagination.

If you can't figure out how to have a good time on 1,000 baht a day (+ lodging as in the OP), you're not using your imagination.  

To each...his own.

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

If you can't figure out how to have a good time on 1,000 baht a day (+ lodging as in the OP), you're not using your imagination.  

To each...his own.

Not many come to Pattaya to sit in their room and self pleasure all day, so what fun can be had on a Bt.1000 budget ?

Edited by Don Mega

16 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

So you consider any poll on Thaivisa, especially when it concerns financials or personal skills and background, reliable?

I guess I heard enough then.

I bet a poll about how many were married to a prostitute would give a you an average of below 10%

As said, it's purely circumstantial evidence in that it points towards the correct answer but is not proven fact, perhaps the word anecdotal help you understand better!

But from personal experience and from reading the views of people on TVF whose opinion I have confidence in, I'm inclined to agree with the numbers, you however may believe whatever you wish.

18 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Not many come to Pattaya to sit in their room and self pleasure all day, so what fun can be had on a Bt.1000 budget ?

The OP's going to BKK.  I can have a lot of fun in BKK for 1000 baht.  Boat rides, temple tours, scrounging Chinatown, MBK and Chatuchuk, girl people watching at Siam, Terminal 21 and EmQuarter, and on and on.

Pattaya?  Fun, sun, sand, the swimming pool...  Tougher than BKK, but still quite possible.

Keep in mind, the guy's a tourist.  He hasn't been there-done that (over and over) like a long stay expat.

I guess it's easier for me since I gave up drinking in the '80s and I'm already at my limit for women (at 1), so I don't spend anything chasing more- booze or women.  On an aside, I can't even begin to count how much money that's saved me in 20+ years.  Not that I recommend abstinence for the faint of heart.