Thai fruit wine, new name for all wines in Thailand to reduce tax ?

amjamj

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, joeyg said:

if you like that drink better to stick to regular coke... http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/what-diet-coke-your-body-6191713 

Informative , should have a health warning on all cola drinks and other types as well .Three of my granddaughters ended up in hospital to have multiple teeth extractions caused by fizzy drinks . They were milk teeth but served as a warning  and now they rarely drink fizzy but if they do they brush their teeth after . 

Perhaps soda water as a mixer could be an alternative ?

17 hours ago, roger101 said:

Sorry, with my Blood Sugar levels it has to be Diet Coke.

No need to apologize.  However, "The work, done with mice and humans, suggests that artificial sweeteners could raise your blood sugar levels more than if you indulged in sugar-sweetened sodas and desserts."  Many more around like this.  Do some home work.  All the best

https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140917/artificial-sweeteners-blood-sugar#1

4 hours ago, superal said:

Informative , should have a health warning on all cola drinks and other types as well .Three of my granddaughters ended up in hospital to have multiple teeth extractions caused by fizzy drinks . They were milk teeth but served as a warning  and now they rarely drink fizzy but if they do they brush their teeth after . 

Perhaps soda water as a mixer could be an alternative ?

Good Homework!!! The work, done with mice and humans, suggests that artificial sweeteners could raise your blood sugar levels more than if you indulged in sugar-sweetened sodas and desserts. Lots more research confirming this.  https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140917/artificial-sweeteners-blood-sugar#1

7 hours ago, joeyg said:

Good Homework!!! The work, done with mice and humans, suggests that artificial sweeteners could raise your blood sugar levels more than if you indulged in sugar-sweetened sodas and desserts. Lots more research confirming this.  https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140917/artificial-sweeteners-blood-sugar#1

No problem, I tried it just now. Far too sweet. Back to Soda Water.

On 12/16/2017 at 3:40 PM, superal said:

I hear that red wine / cola ,   half / half mix is a popular drink in some European countries 

We were drinking it when going to raves all over EU, and especially in Spain. It was good to help the X to reach the brain ! hahaha...

10 hours ago, joeyg said:

No need to apologize.  However, "The work, done with mice and humans, suggests that artificial sweeteners could raise your blood sugar levels more than if you indulged in sugar-sweetened sodas and desserts."  Many more around like this.  Do some home work.  All the best

https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140917/artificial-sweeteners-blood-sugar#1

Yes but real sugar makes you instantly fat, so the choice is easy !

11 hours ago, bleble said:

Yes but real sugar makes you instantly fat, so the choice is easy !

Sounds like a 'Plan."

May 5, 2017 -- About one in five Americans drinks diet soda every day, according to the CDC. Is that a good thing?

Numerous studies over the past several years have reported links between diet soda and weight gain, diabetes, heart problems, and other health issues. Most recently, headlines sounded alarms about a higher chance of dementia and stroke among diet soda drinkers .  

https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20170505/diet-soda-health-risks?ecd=soc_fb_171218_cons_news_dietsodahealthrisk&linkId=100000001620149

6 minutes ago, mogandave said:

People with weight problems drink diet soda, who would have thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yep practiced family medicine for 30  years.  We knew this a long time ago.  It was hard to get this point across to patients.  Sadly they "paid the price."

24 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Yep practiced family medicine for 30  years.  We knew this a long time ago.  It was hard to get this point across to patients.  Sadly they "paid the price."

I use to work with a very large lady.  Saw her downing 1/4 gallon of ice cream one day.  I asked if that was a good thing.  Her reply?  "It's diet ice cream."! LOL

38 minutes ago, mogandave said:

People with weight problems drink diet soda, who would have thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, and I think that's where the link is, because this article in its summary doesn't actually say that there is a direct link which means that diet sodas can cause weight gain and other health problems.

What it's basically saying is that perhaps the people that get onto things like diet sodas already have weight problems and problems with diabetes and other health problems, in an effort to try and counteract that. The article also implies that the people that do suffer from these things are likely to suffer because of their lifestyle, and even though they changed to diet sodas (for example) they then believe that they can overindulge on other things to "compensate" because they have consumed fewer calories in these drinks.

This article was dated May 5, and just a couple of days ago I watched a short video clip of a similar nature, comparing artificial sweeteners with sugar and so on, and it basically came to the same conclusion, that there is no direct link, and it also stated that artificial sweeteners were some of the most tried and tested/researched sweeteners ever.

There was one glitch, if that's the right word, and that was that the artificial "sugar rush" with the sweeteners was very short lived and soon the consumers began to crave food again because of this.

Not wanting to go against the knowledge which joeyg has on the subject, because I respect his posts and viewpoints, however this was another viewpoint/angle on the artificial sweetener debate which I thought was worthwhile considering.

4 minutes ago, bleble said:

So for you, when someone drinks 2 L of real coke a day, the solution is just to let them do ?

Of course not ! If they drink diet coke they won't absorb as many calories whatever "scientists" say.

No that would definitely not be my advice.  the research is extensive and conclusive. What is your degree in?  Research is far from perfect, I know.  I've been a principle investigator on several grant/studies.  In interested in good health and the reduction of suffering in my patients and all people.

You didn't understand the studies, sorry. "If they drink diet coke they won't absorb as many calories whatever "scientists" say."  Your conclusion is wrong.  Take care of yourself.

7 minutes ago, bleble said:

So for you, when someone drinks 2 L of real coke a day, the solution is just to let them do ?

Of course not ! If they drink diet coke they won't absorb as many calories whatever "scientists" say.

Don't know if your post is a reply to mine, however, it would appear that there are many people out there who crave these sugary drinks on a daily basis, and for the life of me I can't understand why, because it's never been part of my life and now I would probably drink three small cans of Coke a year, and then only if I was desperate for a drink and could get nothing else.

I see what you're saying, inasmuch as the diet drink would mean the consumers were absorbing less calories, however the research does suggest that the sugar high that these people crave by drinking these sorts of drinks, is a lot shorter, so they go on to drink more, so maybe the calorie differential really doesn't come down to much at the end of the day.

55 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Don't know if your post is a reply to mine, however, it would appear that there are many people out there who crave these sugary drinks on a daily basis, and for the life of me I can't understand why, because it's never been part of my life and now I would probably drink three small cans of Coke a year, and then only if I was desperate for a drink and could get nothing else.

I see what you're saying, inasmuch as the diet drink would mean the consumers were absorbing less calories, however the research does suggest that the sugar high that these people crave by drinking these sorts of drinks, is a lot shorter, so they go on to drink more, so maybe the calorie differential really doesn't come down to much at the end of the day.

I just know that I know many people that were drinking diet coke during diet and it helped them as lot.

When they were feeling like eating something sweet, they just drank some coke zero instead of eating sweet.

As easy as this, and it works, whatever studies...