Buying Pattaya Condo Under 1 Million Baht

burgerking

Hello, 

Where in Pattaya are the bargains to be had? Trying to get a feel for what is on offer, I have a budget of no more than 1 million baht. Location ideally would be in central Pattaya.

I like to drive down there from Bangkok, park my car, and walk everywhere. I know I won't be getting a 360 degree view out of the bay windows for this price. Near to the  beach, or within a few km's would be a bonus.  

Low maintenance fees are important, as well as safe secure car parking. Just where are the bargains down there? I see lots of condos on the internet, and it seems to be a buyers market at the moment.

So for anyone who has just bought a condo, or has one for sale, in the said price range, Are you happy with your purchase, or do you have any regrets? it would be nice to hear from you, and what you got for your money.

Thanks   

the 'Nirun Grand' units are pretty cheap, way below a million

Not sure if would want to live there myself, but it is an established building and has parking and security. Have a Thai friend who lives there and seems to think it is OK. I guess around 1.5 KM to the beach

located here

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9301223,100.8942948,3a,90y,259.65h,95.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5BbnGGMjOiN_672cWhr6Bw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Might be a good starting point.

• Like 2

Well if I understand OP correctly, it's more a weekend hide-away he is looking for not full-time living so I would say 1 mill would be okay.

Check around and visit as many Condo's as possible is the best way to get an idea what's on offer for 1mill.

Good luck with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

I don't think so...

I know that a 50 sqm apartment, on a middle floor, with sea view, sold last month for 2,600,000 baht.

You are very far from the 1 million upper limit of the OP!

Even low floor studios with no view are over 1 million, probably 1.2 to 1.5.

Yes he need forget these 50 sqm units but there might be smaller studios of 30 sqm?

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

// but there might be smaller studios of 30 sqm?

I think that all studios in C.C. are on floor M. (the floor above ground floor. no view)

Smaller units in floors 2 to 15 are 50 sqm. Biggest I know are 130 sqm.

So nothing like what the OP wants.

21 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

I think that all studios in C.C. are on floor M. (the floor above ground floor. no view)

Smaller units in floors 2 to 15 are 50 sqm. Biggest I know are 130 sqm.

So nothing like what the OP wants.

I was not aware the studios in center condo are only situated on the lower floor.Hey but Pattaya 46 where is ur advice  for the OP??

11 hours ago, thaitero said:

VT 1 is sure one place to check..:)

Low maintance and everything works..

To get now small condo about 1 mil there may be possible, not sure about that though,,,...

1.2 cheapest at Viewtalay 1 which the oldest but one of the best value for price around Pattaya.

Seaview, great car park, great pool, great security, etc...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, balo said:

Nirun is really bad , you get what you pay for but still I would avoid that sxxxhole .   

If you want cheap I can recommend Pattaya condotel in Sukhumvit 59 on the other side of the road , still not dark side , you can walk to Foodland / Big C central rd.  Prices for units start from 400 k and up to 1 mill. Even a big swimming pool there. 

That area should become more attractive when the tunnel construction is completed and getting over Sukhumvit becomes easier. Early next year I believe.

Edited by jacko45k
typo
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Yeah great. Loud music, noisy shouting and screeming kids. Neighbors with no money or who refuse to pay the maintenance fee. Abandoned junk and refuse piling up in the corridors and public areas vandalised and misused. Drug paraphernalia and constant coming and going of addicts looking for a fix and johns looking for a ride. Teen gangs, shootings and scooters racing in the parking lot.

Break-ins, petty crime and no security..

Sure sounds like heaven to me........:whistling:

I went there once , my god ,what a sh-t hole ,shame was that the two bed that the wife had on her books inside was old but really nice , had been lived in by an old lady from the start ,anywhere else at that price it would have sold immediatly , but there , the posh people were the ones who had the right spelling on their tattoos .

• Like 1

I needed a base in Pattaya , a sort of "crash pad"  instead of travelling back and forth from my house in Bang Saray (and myself and the Mrs. are  having some problems). I bought a 40 Sq. Mtr. pad for 600,000 in Pattaya central. It's about 6 minutes walk from Big C  Extra, Pattaya Klang. Perfect for me, I'm getting tired of driving here in Thailand, either car or motorbike and now I can walk everywhere. It's rough and ready looking from the outside and probably put many people off, but you can work away to your hearts desire and make your unit as beautiful and comfortable as you like. It was just a shell when I moved in. I painted it over,  brought all my family pics, bits and pieces I had collected on my travels  from the house and punched holes everywhere in the walls and made the place my home from home.

You see, when a place stands you as little as this you're not too worried about making it "your own"...really putting your own stamp on it. I even changed my address at Soi 5 to here.

The people that live here can only be described as the "Salt of the Earth". no "airs and graces" about them,  Farangs and Thais, motorbike taxi drivers and school teachers, bar girls (and men I presume) for me, that's one of it's main attractions (I mean the people not the barmen 555). I also have a condo in a sort of "Posh" building that I rent but would much prefer to live where I am now.

'She who must be obeyed" now lives in the house and I am as happy as a 'pig in s - - -"  here.

I intend to buy another condo in this building when I sell either the house or the other condo so

forgive me for not mentioning the name of the project (don't want to get crushed in the stampede 555").

Suffice to say I actually did mention it already so it's up to the Sherlock Holmes's among you to spot it.

Cheers all from this "Happy Chappie".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pdaz said:

Yeah great. Loud music, noisy shouting and screeming kids. Neighbors with no money or who refuse to pay the maintenance fee. Abandoned junk and refuse piling up in the corridors and public areas vandalised and misused. Drug paraphernalia and constant coming and going of addicts looking for a fix and johns looking for a ride. Teen gangs, shootings and scooters racing in the parking lot.

Break-ins, petty crime and no security..

Sure sounds like heaven to me........:whistling:

I don't know where you are describing but I've never lived at any condo complex with what you describe--and I've lived or owned in 9 different Pattaya complexes and visited many more where friends live.  Not all condos with inexpensive units are 'vertical slums'. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, newnative said:

I don't know where you are describing but I've never lived at any condo complex with what you describe--and I've lived or owned in 9 different Pattaya complexes and visited many more where friends live.  Not all condos with inexpensive units are 'vertical slums'. 

Nirun

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, newnative said:

I agree there are new builds that are still being managed by the developer and some older conds that are in good shape. But there are also plenty of nasty run down low end condos ( and moo bahns ) that suffer some if not all of the problems listed above. Maybe nip down to Nirun and have a look for yourself.

I'm waiting to see what the current crop of cheap 'resort' type condos in Jomptien look like after three or four years of no maintenance, low quality contruction, high ambient temps, rainfall and UV take their toll...

10 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

I agree there are new builds that are still being managed by the developer and some older conds that are in good shape. But there are also plenty of nasty run down low end condos ( and moo bahns ) that suffer some if not all of the problems listed above. Maybe nip down to Nirun and have a look for yourself.

I'm waiting to see what the current crop of cheap 'resort' type condos in Jomptien look like after three or four years of no maintenance, low quality contruction, high ambient temps, rainfall and UV take their toll...

There are bad condo complexes to be avoided everywhere--even in the 'model' planned from scratch town where I lived in USA .  Obviously, before you buy you want to take a good look around and see what's what.  Talk to the residents, check the pool and other facilities,  general upkeep, financials if you can get them, and so on.  If the condo looks like what you described, cross it off your list and move on to the next one, unless that's your cup of tea.