2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubby and I did our big holiday feed and socializing on Christmas Eve day, and yesterday was a quiet day at home getting unpacked and reorganized after our expedition to Borneo.  So, I had time to peruse this year's posts from the four remaining POTY candidates and field any PM requests, either begging for endorsement or telling me to bugger off.  (There were none.)

I was looking for the candidate who is the most helpful to his fellow TV members.  Kindest, most generous with real advice that helps people to improve their life and make the world a better place.  Important stuff like helping someone to fix their leaking swimming pool and make a killing in the foreign currency exchange market.  Based on my criteria, the choice for 2016 POTY is clear -- NAAM.

18 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I made fire sacrifices to the dot god last night but so far I have received nothing back other than a bad cough.

Smoke+ - 1 (1).jpg

There you go -- starting burning season early.  Shame on you.  How about educating folks about recycling and protecting the environment?

49 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Kindest, most generous with real advice that helps people to improve their life and make the world a better place.  Important stuff like helping someone to fix their leaking swimming pool and make a killing in the foreign currency exchange market.  Based on my criteria, the choice for 2016 POTY is clear -- NAAM.

thanks for the kind words Nancy but your laudatio contains an adjective which does not always apply. in [not so] rare cases i can be very unkind when ignorants who have not the slightest idea are giving completely wrong advice by presenting ridiculous layman logic drawn out of thin air and/or nose poking. and sometimes it drives me nucking futs when the advice is backed up by wishful thinking or even blatant lies citing "experience".

1 minute ago, Naam said:

thanks for the kind words Nancy but your laudatio contains an adjective which does not always apply. in [not so] rare cases i can be very unkind when ignorants who have not the slightest idea are giving completely wrong advice by presenting ridiculous layman logic drawn out of thin air and/or nose poking. and sometimes it drives me nucking futs when the advice is backed up by wishful thinking or even blatant lies citing "experience".

Oh yeah, I saw how sometimes you can get a little exasperated with idiots who give out advice that violates laws of thermodynamics. That's understandable. 

9 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I believe in noninterference.  I am like the wildlife photographer who simply records the carnage but does not interfere with the course of nature and evolution.:welcomeani:

being a true animal lover who [mea culpa!] is carnivorous i can't help it to interfere sometimes. the gardener has strict orders not to kill any snake if possible. my dogs are severely reprimanded when they chase birds in our garden. i feel sick when forum members discuss poisoning "dangerous" soi dogs, a neighbours barking dog or pigeons because they sh*t on a balcony or terrace.

7 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

thermodynamics? Naam, is it thermo or convective heat transfer that we discuss in these forums?...mustn't lead anyone astray...

there's no pressing need for us warriors to contradict a lady who does not exactly walk the path of scientific righteousness :smile:

There has been some interesting candidates and winners over the years since this contest started.

For being the poster who offers the most to the forum on a consistent basis I'd rate Jingthing as the most deserving winner and or candidate of the lot over all the years

Before the heat of the battle -

And - before time gets away.... 

During my "holiday" some voted for me for POTY...I was unable to acknowledge & say thanks to those that did....

I appreciate the good thoughts that came with the votes....Thanks again....