webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the gulf on some days can be very windy with come choppy seas.

so factor that in to the top speed.

I live in Hua Hin. I wonder how many more bar fights and stabbings we are going to have?

Now that the "I look like I just got out of prison" people are going to be arriving from Pattaya.

be positive. amongst a few baddies there will be a lot of good tourism. this will be for betterment of tourisms both in phuket and hua hin.

1 minute ago, JAS21 said:

Testing with tourists to check that it is safe to use ... that's about it ......

no. the trials would have been carried out earlier.

it is common to give free rides for a limited period during the launch of new services and it not local to this event.

17 minutes ago, sahibji said:

no. the trials would have been carried out earlier.

it is common to give free rides for a limited period during the launch of new services and it not local to this event.

Read the first seven lines of the article again.

Of course you are correct sea trials will have been carried out

7 hours ago, sahibji said:

if the service is carefully and successfully implemented it will open a new chapter  in the history of tourism in Thailand.

We are more likely to see pink pigs flying over the moon...:whistling:

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

So, this ferry will travel 113 km in 100 minutes?

That's an average of about 80kmh. Do even the cats go that fast?

How long before some poor fisherman's boat is casually chopped in two?

I didn't know coaches could run in excess of the 100 km/h euro speed limit until

i came here.

They will prolly recruit a captain who was driving a silver minivan the week before - he will get a ton up out of it with a few simple modifications, that way he might get in an extra return trip and make a little more money.

Let's wait and see when the real travelling time comes out.
And how long they can survive financially.
Anyway, I assume they are not aiming at individual tourists.
As another article stated their target group are group tours, so you can likely guess from that country further East of Thailand...

Blimey! Are they still banging on about this service?

This seems to have been mooted since the dawn of time but surely must now have been restored to the annals of history as unprofitable? 

I have an ancient Berlitz tourist guide from the late '70s which suggests that soon a 'modern' ferry service between HH and pattaya may soon be inaugurated, to replace a short lived service which had just been terminated. You think they'd have given up on it all by now.

53 minutes ago, recom273 said:

They will prolly recruit a captain who was driving a silver minivan the week before - he will get a ton up out of it with a few simple modifications, that way he might get in an extra return trip and make a little more money.

Oh no.....not him again....!

4ddbc9327d2b2583aa54cfb1983b376a.jpg

the gulf on some days can be very windy with come choppy seas.
so factor that in to the top speed.

I live in Hua Hin. I wonder how many more bar fights and stabbings we are going to have?

Now that the "I look like I just got out of prison" people are going to be arriving from Pattaya.

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Argghh my maths head must be broken.

1 hour 40 is 100 minutes (60+40). Trip is 113km.

113km in 100 minutes is 1.13km per minute, x 60 = 67.8 kph.

But that's still an average speed. Factor in the slow speed passage through the business at both ends and we're still looking at a ferry capable of 80++ kph.

But aren,t you forgetting the periods of acceleration leaving and deceleration arriving at the respective jetties ? Vsquared=Usquared minus 2GS as any speed merchant knows, and this has to be taken into account :) Alternately S=UT-0.5G(Tsquared) which should get you down to the millisecond !

5 hours ago, ezflip said:

The Ministry of Transport will allow tourists to ride a ferry boat between Pattaya and Hua Hin for free ...

Don't they mean 'guinea pigs' or 'test subjects' instead... at least until all the kinks are worked out.

Well, real crash test dummies are expensive.... better to get some free ones.

its not a ferry service ........its the new subs. They have stripped out the torpedo rooms as they didnt actually buy any of those and passengers will be squashed in fore and aft to help maintain the balance. To surface all passengers will be moved to the rear . The transit only takes 100 minutes but the loading and unloading of passengers one at a time thru the forward and rear hatches will take 3 hours............keep dreaming if you think this service will meet the specified timings and survive for more than one "high Season".       :passifier:

The line ''Sod it, the bloody things stuck again' was one spoken by clanger toys...in clanger speak that is...allegedly they were swearing in various episodes for over 40 years...

I was always highly sceptical of what the flowerpot men really meant by "flubbadubbadub", not to mention The Magic Roundabout - "boing said Zebedee, time for bed said Florescent..."

19 minutes ago, JAG said:

I was always highly sceptical of what the flowerpot men really meant by "flubbadubbadub", not to mention The Magic Roundabout - "boing said Zebedee, time for bed said Florescent..."

Not to mention Dougals psychedelic trips whenever he "dropped" a "sugar lump". 

And what was Brian the snail taking to energise him so?

When can we see a picture of this amazing new ferry ?

Will it be tested with rocket engines so they can reach the other side in 1hr and 40 min ?  If you want a free ride you better bring a life jacket...