Draw cash

Casanova666

The exchange rate is determined by the card/system used so nothing to do with the local bank branch.

The max amount from some is 20k baht per pull but Bangkok Bank allows 25k and several allow 30k (believe they set limits by the amount of bills that want to allow dispensed at one time to minimize chance of jams).  

24 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

and if you use AEON the fee is 150 baht.

Are there any other AEON atm machines left except for the one at  the AEON branch Tesco north ?

I know that the stand alone one outside homeworks/pro ( whatever home something ) south Pattaya is gone

as is the one that used to be upstairs at Big C south.

I was surprised not to find an AEON ATM at the AEON shop in the recently opened Harbor Mall.

Go into the bank and ask to do a cash advance   if its a visa card you should get the visa exchange rate

I read that some bank branches have cottoned onto  people wanting to avoid the outrageous Thai Banking cartels ATM fees

and refuse to do cash advances..directing the  "customer" back to the ATM   keep trying different branches.

30 minutes ago, johng said:

Are there any other AEON atm machines left except for the one at  the AEON branch Tesco north ?

I know that the stand alone one outside homeworks/pro ( whatever home something ) south Pattaya is gone

as is the one that used to be upstairs at Big C south.

I was surprised not to find an AEON ATM at the AEON shop in the recently opened Harbor Mall.

Go into the bank and ask to do a cash advance   if its a visa card you should get the visa exchange rate

I read that some bank branches have cottoned onto  people wanting to avoid the outrageous Thai Banking cartels ATM fees

and refuse to do cash advances..directing the  "customer" back to the ATM   keep trying different branches.

Hi John - Sorry, I failed to note that this is Pattaya forum and could be a whale of a difference between there and where I live upcountry, baan nork, where everything is different. We do have a local Aeon shop w/an atm charging 150 - local banks charge 200 and I have never seen a fee above that... 

5 minutes ago, johng said:

ok I must have missed them ,we are talking about harbor mall pattaya correct ? not harbor mall sira-cha or else where.

Might be talking about Harbor Mall Laem Chabang  but as it does not have a Max Value and there is no such place as Harbor Mall sira-cha my guess is Digibeth is talking about Harbor Mall Pattaya given the OP is asking in the Pattaya forum.

Edited by Don Mega

The Aeon ATMs I mentioned is in the entrance to the MaxValue Supermarket in Habor Mall Pattaya

There are a couple of them on the wall to the left, near the escalator

Aren't there also Aeon machine in the walkway that leads to the toilets at BigC Extra Central Pattaya also? or is that gone?

The exchange rate is determined by the card network (Visa/Mastercard/etc) unless you accept a DCC transaction the ATM may offer.  DO NOT accept a DCC offer as that rate which is the local bank's rate will be 3 to 4% lower than the card-network rate.  Now the ATM will not call it a DCC rate....they'll probably call it something like Bank Rate.   That's a big hint...it's their rate, the bank that operates the ATM, and not the card-network rate.

And remember if your card-issuing bank applies a foreign transaction fee/cross border transaction fee (most do, but not all) do not blame that on the card-network or Thai bank/AEON ATM.   A foreign transaction fee effectively lowers the exchange rate and enriches the pocket of your card-issuing bank.

Edited by Pib

The Aeon ATMs I mentioned is in the entrance to the MaxValue Supermarket in Habor Mall Pattaya

There are a couple of them on the wall to the left, near the escalator

Aren't there also Aeon machine in the walkway that leads to the toilets at BigC Extra Central Pattaya also? or is that gone?

thanks I'll have to take a closer look next time, ive been there 3 times and not seen them so much for my observational skill :rolleyes:

The one at big c extra was often out of service it was still there about 18 months ago when I last went there

Not sure if it helps, but the last time I used a UK-issued Visa Debit card in a Thai ATM was in Feb 2016 at Kasikorn on Soi Bukhaou. I took 30,000 Baht out and was charged 200 Baht Access Fee.

Does anyone know if the fee has changed, please?

46 minutes ago, VBF said:

Does anyone know if the fee has changed, please?

Yes, 220 now. Confirmed for multiple banks in another thread.

And as others wrote:

if the OPs ATM card allows then 500 GBP with a single withdrawal is no problem.

500 GBP is about 22000 Baht currently.

Doable at Bangkok Bank, Krungsri at least.

You have to type in the amount manually ("other" or the like on the menu).

Never accept if a transaction/conversion to GBP is offered at the ATM!!!

Cancel or change to amount credited in Thai Baht.