Family of Brit gunned down in Pattaya say they have no idea why he was targeted

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anybody know the motives behind the murder before the killer (and the one who sent him) are caught ? All we have to do is to speculate. With one important thought in mind: people almost never get killed for nothing (the only exclusions are some rage or jealousy cases - which this murder is most probably not).

Edited by Zikomat

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

If he was a webdesigner working for UK-companies he could buy a new porsche like that one after a year working as a freelancer.

Nonsense. I know plenty of well paid IT contractors and web designers are probably one of the least sought after skill areas. They're paid a lot less than other more sought after skills and there are so many web designers the market's saturated so contractor rates are low. SAP or other ERM skills, especially architect level are top dollar. Contractors at BMW (they're not even employees) used to get 15% off a new one so effectively it was free as you ditched it after a year and got your money back. The car park was wall to wall Beemers except two Porches, belonging the SAP contractors.

Just because he had a nice car does not make him a gangster or fraudster.

He may have inherited wealth, come from a wealthy family .. or heaven forbid had a job making 100,000USD a year which is not too much and he saved up to buy it.

And for my detective work, judging by his facebook photos he looks like some middle class kid with the usual photos as opposed to Al Capone.

So he owns this company Arcanus telecom, I think they started up business 2 years ago , they hired new staff a few weeks ago according to FB .   I suspect it's just a cover for another bigger operation in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, thaivisadetective said:

you guys are really not good at finding clues :

His business : https://www.facebook.com/Arcanustelecom/

huh ? The guy supposedly made enough money from designing websites to drive a Porsche and yet relies on a Facebook page to promote his business? where is the swanky website for  "arcanus telecom" itself?

Edited by Asiantravel

where is the swanky website for  "arcanus telecom" itself?

He seems to have 2 websites:

arcanus-telecom.com (where there is just a 'page under construction')

arcanus.solutions (which is a very basic website where almost all of the home page links point to the same contact form web page.)

Hmm.....

Edited by simon43

I doubt we will ever hear the true story. The alleged hit man will never be traced and any links to 'boiler rooms' or other unsanctioned enterprises will be suppressed. I doubt the Thai police want to crack down on these sort of enterprises. It could get very embarrassing for all concerned. 

5 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Lots of underworld criminals lead two

lives, that of a devoted family person,

and their "other" life of crime!

Yes , there are a couple of documentaries about it, The Godfather 1,2 and 3

If you have been in business internationally you have probably done business with mafia type businesses, it's word wide every single country in the world has this. Thousands of ordinary people do business every day with organised groups, and never even know it. Before into an argument with the wrong person, not saying he was a saint, but you can't just say he was part of an organised group either. Sometimes you just don't know who you are dealing with if it was an organisation responsible, I very much doubt if they will ever find out who did it. Feel sorry for the guy. As said before I  hope he made his family secure

Lots of speculation but what the local scuttlebut says is that his fortunes were made in Spain where many make fortunes in ways we need not discuss so affording a Porsche - or two or three = would not be such a big dent in what he was stated to have in financial wealth. The IT business could have been a sideline because it does seem he did not really need to work to survive. We may never know everything but condolences to his family and to the many friends he made here.

Who knows. Lots of speculation. Here's mine. Sounds like he played with the bad guys and lost. The criminal society, however,  is dangerous in every country. Not all countries though have top police (re: Kanchanaburi) ordering hits. Not saying this is BIB, could be falang?, who knows, but this guy was hit. Let's see what comes out in the wash, swept under the carpet or put onto a fall guy. Get beyond the LOS crap and this is a dangerous place.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I never stated he was involved in anything untoward

I made a general accurate post about murder and motives

I wasn't accusing you of anything except missing an option--whether he was connected to the wrong people or not is still conjecture. It is especially so, when you consider mistaken identity, isn't it?

3 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"He did a lot of work in IT"

An IT worker in Thailand doesn't earn enough to afford a Porsche.  Full stop.

IOW, his family had no idea what he was up to.?

I don't earn enough in Thailand to afford a Porsche, but that doesn't mean I cannot buy one.

Just more conjecture