Promenada parking shambles

brommers

5 hours ago, elektrified said:

I agree. Much ado about nothing. I can imagine a foreigner calling Rimping to complain about the parking... Thais would never do that. Learn to adapt.

Agree, it is a fairly common practice to rope off parking until very close to opening time, airport plaza does it, SCB on Thapae Rd does it, ...........

2 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Agree, it is a fairly common practice to rope off parking until very close to opening time, airport plaza does it, SCB on Thapae Rd does it, ...........

Yes, but the point here is that this MALL has things that ARE OPEN.  IF you shop in a GROCERY store, usually you have quite a lot of stuff with you afterwards, and it is nice to be nearby, especially if you have planned to go during early hours when the store has just opened.  So, to have the parking CLOSED due to STRING, seems quite ridiculous.  It is not because the entire place is locked up with giant walls that cannot be undone ..is it?

They do that on Thapae Rd, for example, to keep non-banking customers from parking there long before the bank opens ..I assume, since that is a big area for many other things and lacks parking. Shall we use our brains here or what?  Let's stop our critical thinking skills and just join the Thai style of ...shut up and don't complain, don't ask questions ..this is how we do it here?

And to the poster who compared parking here to Walmart ...Rimping isn't Walmart ..I doubt they would appreciate the comparison.  These malls aren't going for a Walmart reputation either.  You personally seem to set yourself up as living a nice non-Walmart type life. It is perfectly okay to expect some reasonable services here ..we are not talking about a noodle stand.  Just because it doesn't personally bother you, because clearly you haven't needed it,  is no reason to criticize others who do care about it.

I don't shop there either.  There are posters who will come on here, and say .."why do I care if wine gets banned .. I don't drink wine ..stop complaining!!"  Why do they need to say anything??

8 hours ago, balo said:

Did you try building B ? Plenty of parking there, no need to park outside.

So Building B is open early?  Like when Rimping opens?  If so, a reasonable solution except for those who have difficulty walking.

Building B is not open at the time that I wish to shop. And it does not have an escalator that can take a trolley. So this is not an option any way you look at it.

I have solved the problem. It is called Central Food Hall where the car park opening times and the supermarket opening times actually correspond. It's a miracle!

On 03/02/2017 at 6:51 PM, Formaleins said:

Jesus! How much free parking do you need? Promenada has acres of parking space. You would think it was some sort of "Death March" to walk from some of the open air car parks. Unbelievable, some of the foreigners here are getting worse than the Thais, who refuse to walk more than about 5 metres, and would gladly sit in a taxi at a red light for half an hour rather than get off their asses and walk 50 metres down the street.

Excellent post.

The OP characterises the whiny expat syndrome that is so hated by almost everyone.

On 2/3/2017 at 6:51 PM, Formaleins said:

Jesus! How much free parking do you need? Promenada has acres of parking space. You would think it was some sort of "Death March" to walk from some of the open air car parks. Unbelievable, some of the foreigners here are getting worse than the Thais, who refuse to walk more than about 5 metres, and would gladly sit in a taxi at a red light for half an hour rather than get off their asses and walk 50 metres down the street.

Part of the expat syndrome.....

We're in a country that we are catered to by extremely accommodating people....We can pick our pleasures at will.....

And it makes us spoiled & lazy.....

God forbid that we might be inconvenienced by the location of a parking spot or location of the services we want where & when we want them.....How unfortunate it is that their policies don't exactly cater to what we want - when we want it.... 

Truthfully - Promenada is inconveniently layed out all together.....It's very design is an inconvenience.....

Boutique, as it was billed - isn't.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Someone can't walk 300 meters to their car with their shopping (which can still be in the shopping cart)!!!!!  And they get so upset they phone the supermarket to complain?

And, why this issue about the car being hot in the sun, if they are going in the 'early hours' before the mall is even open?  What do they think the meat will instantly start rotting and going rancid the in the few moments before the car Air Conditioning comes on?????????

Some people need to get a life, seriously, and sort out what is a REAL problem not a petty small inconvenience. 

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Someone can't walk 300 meters to their car with their shopping (which can still be in the shopping cart)!!!!!  And they get so upset they phone the supermarket to complain?

And, why this issue about the car being hot in the sun, if they are going in the 'early hours' before the mall is even open?  What do they think the meat will instantly start rotting and going rancid the in the few moments before the car Air Conditioning comes on?????????

Some people need to get a life, seriously, and sort out what is a REAL problem not a petty small inconvenience. 

Do you own a car? Do you know how hot it gets very, very quickly in the sun? Do you know how much damage UV light does to things here?  Why do we have shade at all if nobody needs it?  What is it there for?  Do you wear a hat ever? 

Maybe the man doesn't have any REAL problems?  Did you ever think of that?  Maybe he isn't an alcoholic, maybe his financial house is in order, maybe his home life is happy, he isn't having stress from 3 bargirl relationships, he has donated to charity already this year and paid his taxes, his working life is finished now, and he has time to go shopping for food to Rimping in the morning to the nice mall near his house, in his nice new vehicle, which he would like to keep cool and clean.  Maybe he has arthritis and doesn't like to walk? 

Maybe that is HIS LIFE and you need to get a LIFE!!

Do you own a car? Do you know how hot it gets very, very quickly in the sun? Do you know how much damage UV light does to things here?  Why do we have shade at all if nobody needs it?  What is it there for?  Do you wear a hat ever? 

Maybe the man doesn't have any REAL problems?  Did you ever think of that?  Maybe he isn't an alcoholic, maybe his financial house is in order, maybe his home life is happy, he isn't having stress from 3 bargirl relationships, he has donated to charity already this year and paid his taxes, his working life is finished now, and he has time to go shopping for food to Rimping in the morning to the nice mall near his house, in his nice new vehicle, which he would like to keep cool and clean.  Maybe he has arthritis and doesn't like to walk? 

Maybe that is HIS LIFE and you need to get a LIFE!!

Get his girlfriend to stick him in shopping trolley and bloody push him!+++++

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I'm going to regret telling people this, but: emergency exit door at the bottom of the trolley escalator, and park right outside of it.

It's the one that says Emergency Use Only, but clearly having to walk 300 180 meters constitutes an emergency. 

Especially once we're out of the cool season.

Capture.JPG

Also, nice grassy area you can park in case the parking is full there (not likely early morning). 

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai