Family man shoots teen dead after parking dispute in Chonburi

webfact

Family man shoots teen dead after parking dispute

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

CHONBURI — A teen boy was shot dead Saturday after he and his friend attacked a 50-year-old man over a parking conflict.

Suthep Poshsomboon, 50, an engineer from Bangkok, waited at the scene for police to arrive after shooting 17-year-old Nawapol Puengpai also from Bangkok, at about 7:30pm in Chonburi province.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/02/06/family-man-shoots-teen-dead-parking-dispute/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-02-06

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Thaiwrath said:

Premeditated murder, then granted bail !

What exactly does one have to do to be kept incarcerated ? Computer crime ?

Drugs, and being a foreigner.

But I see this as self defense though his story of shooting to scare them off is a bit strange because if you shoot in the air or something like that you don't kill someone. But its the students that went for the confrontation. 

24 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

The shooter was scared after he was surrounded by the teens in the van after they followed him.

So much road rage here, the Thais are supposed to be calm Buddhist but that seems to go out of the window when they are driving. 

32 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

Got more than what they bargained for. 

Why did they follow him 1 km ?. 

I agree a shot in the air would have been sufficient.

But if they hard just parked the car and not followed him to have another dispute. Nothing would have happened.

A shot in the air it's in-useful in Thailand, doesn't scare anyone.

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

No premeditated murder here! The man was attacked by the 17 year old and his friend. They were also trying to stop him from leaving his parkingspace. Folowing him and his family. Surely a clear case of self defense.

Edited by Get Real

There was a time when I truly thought Thailand was the place for me until my time came. Now living in another country, I view these type of incidents as very disturbing in the casual way they are acted out, take a human life - so what? How times have changed.

You never shoot only one shot if you aim at a person, always 2 shots. 1in the ground and 1 in the perpetrator and they doesn't have to be at that order as no one can ever prove which bullet you shoot first... that's what I was taught in the army.

BTW. Never ever fire a gun in to the air unless you are hunting birds or airplanes as you don't know where the bullet will land! 

Lannig

Not taking the piss,but how can a bullet falling from the sky be harmless? I  think it was one of the south American countries stopped the firing of guns into the air during festival times to stop exactly that.It is said that if you dropped a coin from the top of the Eiffel tower,and if you accept that the rate of fall, when reaching terminal velocity, which is some 147 feet per second,per second  (and please correct me if i am wrong)would kill some one if it fell on their head.

We know that velocity of gathering speed will add mass.Therefore the example given is that a coin weighing,say 1 gramme would weigh a lot more as it falls,eventually weighing enough to kill someone,or give them serious injury.

50 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Lannig

Not taking the piss,but how can a bullet falling from the sky be harmless? I  think it was one of the south American countries stopped the firing of guns into the air during festival times to stop exactly that.It is said that if you dropped a coin from the top of the Eiffel tower,and if you accept that the rate of fall, when reaching terminal velocity, which is some 147 feet per second,per second  (and please correct me if i am wrong)would kill some one if it fell on their head.

We know that velocity of gathering speed will add mass.Therefore the example given is that a coin weighing,say 1 gramme would weigh a lot more as it falls,eventually weighing enough to kill someone,or give them serious injury.

Mythbusters tested it out. They made a gun that can fire a penny at 64.4 miles per hour — the same speed at which a penny dropped from the top of the Empire State Building would hit the ground at.

They launched it into a ballistics dummy and found that it only caused a little damage. Then, they shot each other with the gun, and while it stung, it didn't really do any harm — certainly not enough to kill someone.

Apparently the myth is simply not true. A penny just can't gather enough velocity from the top of the Empire State Building to do any real harm.

Welcome to Tombstone Thai style, having lived here for nearly 6 years I still find it incredible as to just how short Thai fuses are, a bit like their dicks I suppose, I mean, a guy kills his barber as he didn't like his haircut, they have fatal confrontations about parking spaces and gang up on people for the most trivial of things, I think I ought to be blindfolded and gagged everytime me and "er indoors" go out, especially if she's driving so that I can't cuss and scream at the idiots that surround us.

A really really sad state of affairs, although to be honest I think the guy being surrounded by however many irate teenagers did the right thing, it will certainly teach the other morons to behave. You may not agree with my sentiment but do I care ? Nah.

45 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I still find it incredible as to just how short Thai fuses are, a bit like their dicks

We will all have to take your word on that GT.......us that haven't seen, or made a study of Thai dicks that is................:coffee1: