PromptPay at Bangkok Bank

My wife and I registered for PromptPay this morning. Hopefully it will be useful at some time in the future.

All that was required from me was

Passport …showed them a copy, also showed my Pink ID Card and he copied both.

Mobile Phone number.

To choose which Bank Account to use.

You can only register at one bank and you have to choose which account at that bank.

Surprisingly it only took a few minutes. 

Plenty of info on the internet about PromptPay... I'll need to read a bit more about it's uses ....

Edited by JAS21

this is straight from the horse's mouth:smile: all  foreigners who claim a refund of witholding tax are expected to sign up for promptpay at any bank. if you dont want to do this tax refunds will be paid by cheque 45days after applying for it.

main tax office korat.tuesday 7th.

15 hours ago, meatboy said:

this is straight from the horse's mouth:smile: all  foreigners who claim a refund of witholding tax are expected to sign up for promptpay at any bank. if you dont want to do this tax refunds will be paid by cheque 45days after applying for it.

main tax office korat.tuesday 7th.

Did my withholding tax claim today ... so PromptPay has come in useful as they said that is the way I will get the refund.

Yeah, I signed up for PP a while back, mostly in the hope that the nag-screen on ATMs / Internet-banking would go away, it hasn't :(

I don't recall providing anything other than my phone number (Bangkok Bank).