Where do you live

Deepinthailand

Where do you live  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With lots of questions and threads appearing with reference to Thailands infrastructure and laws. I thought it might be interesting to see the demographics of Thai visa's posters.

I realize as it's a anonimous forum it would not act as any form of bench mark in threads or questions asked.

It would however be interesting to see the demographics.

I would ask if you could answer truthfully, no one would know your where abouts.  Please feel free to comment if required

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might give you the demographic of regular thaivisa posters - but those who come for shorter periods do not need the visa advice so much. I think there are a lot of regular visitors who come once or twice a year for 1 or 2 months, but they often work elsewhere and rarely have visa issues, and not so interested in the local Thailand issues. They may browse sometimes.

Probably more interesting would be the demographics of how many work, how many retired/married and not working, and how many consider themselves long stay tourists or regular visitors.

The topic title says "where".

The poll is about how long/temporarily one stays.

Currently almost 80% of votes for permanent stay.

March 13 I will 6 years completed.

In the advanced learning phase.

Could the "where in Thailand" roughly be estimated by the number of post/topics in the local forums:

Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Bangkok, Samui in the lead.

Surprise?

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

So for those of you who holiday here 2 [times] a year, go start your own poll ... preferably one in which the name of the country is capitalized. 

Maybe next time I'll start one about how pedantic some posters can be. Really in the grand scheme of things does it really matter about a capital T to you.(Nothing worse than grammer trolls)

If I would have put 2 weeks a year then 1 then 7 days it  would have gone on forever. Please accept my apologies for excluding you on your 2 holidays a year.. 

Edited by Deepinthailand

Very useful poll for apologists to keep a list of non full-timers so when they fail to capitalize Thailand or have the temerity to bash it or the locals, we can lord it over them about their temporary tourist status.  Better yet, the tenured, salty dog rant, "Listen here ya' wet behind the ears newbie, I've been livin' in Siam since before gravity was invented, and used to ride a dead buffalo to work, in the snow, up hill, BOTH WAYS!"  :laugh:

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

Maybe next time I'll start one about how pedantic some posters can be. Really in the grand scheme of things does it really matter about a capital T to you.(Nothing worse than grammer trolls)

If I would have put 2 weeks a year then 1 then 7 days it  would have gone on forever. Please accept my apologies for excluding you on your 2 holidays a year.. 

Yeah, there are things worse than grammar trolls; starting with those who are inept at grammar and spelling.

Surveys should be all inclusive. You could have said, two holidays or less and then three holidays or more.

First came to Thailand in 1994 when working in Malaysia. Hat Yai became home in 2003, married in 2006, bought a house in 2007. Depending on contracts I might spend as much as 6 months in total away from home in any one year. 

I'm right at 6 months here 6 months away for last three years and I find it perfect. 

I would be interested in a poll as to posters home country, even if here 25++ years.  I think Great Britain would be at least 65% but not really sure.  Has that poll ever existed before?

Yes, sometimes it would be quite interesting where the members stay, how long like asked in this poll and where they are citizen originally.

So at the end you could tell 8% of the members are brits which stay full time in pattaya (only an example)

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I'm right at 6 months here 6 months away for last three years and I find it perfect. 

I would be interested in a poll as to posters home country, even if here 25++ years.  I think Great Britain would be at least 65% but not really sure.  Has that poll ever existed before?

Home country is a tough call.  

Born in Libya.  

British parents, so British passport.   But never lived there.

Hong Kong citizen having spent 35 years there, consider HK my original home country.

Now live in Bangkok and have no intention of living anywhere else so now think of Thailand as home.

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I would never of known that Kon Korat. :biggrin:

I live in Chiang Mai. :shock1:

....since 2004 on a full time basis, if I can every get my affairs sorted out it'll be less than that each year, just for the sake of variety and on a trial basis I plan to live in the UK for up to 6 months per year.

Edited by chiang mai