Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Phuket NACC ordered to probe corruption

rooster59

Phuket NACC ordered to probe corruption

The Phuket News

1487407798_1-org.jpg

NACC Secretary-General Sansern Poljeak has ordered the NACC Phuket office to investigate eight areas of alleged corruption as identified by Phuket Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan this week. Photo: NACC

PHUKET: National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) Secretary-General Sansern Poljeak has ordered the NACC Phuket office to investigate eight areas of alleged corruption as identified by Phuket Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan this week.

Governor Chockchai on Tuesday called an emergency meeting of top police, law enforcement officials and department heads on the island to order them to investigate a slew of corruption allegations against officials, mostly branches of the Royal Thai Police, and to report to him by yesterday (Friday, Feb 17).

At the meeting he identified eight key areas to be investigated for corruption, as alleged by the National Anti-Corruption Organisation of Thailand. (See story here.)

The reports due yesterday have yet to be made public.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-nacc-ordered-to-probe-corruption-61074.php#3qb2Fqv209xjCpbZ.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-02-19

Just now, rooster59 said:

PHUKET: National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) Secretary-General Sansern Poljeak has ordered the NACC Phuket office to investigate eight areas of alleged corruption as identified by Phuket Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan this week

Not as I understand it as I thought the corruption complaints were presented to the Governor........he didn't identify them.

I thought it strange that in this case "the fox had been asked to look into why the chickens were disappearing from the hen house?".

19 hours ago, xylophone said:

Not as I understand it as I thought the corruption complaints were presented to the Governor........he didn't identify them.

I thought it strange that in this case "the fox had been asked to look into why the chickens were disappearing from the hen house?".

What better way to stonewall the investigation. Refreshing to see a military man in a suit. Tired of all those uniforms covered in dubious salad dressing.