Video: Car crashes as motorcyclist veers suddenly into its path

webfact

Video: Car crashes as motorcyclist veers suddenly into its path

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thairath

KOHN KAEN: -- Dash cam footage has been posted online in an effort to track down a motorcyclist who caused a serious accident on the Kalasin to Khon Kaen road on Wednesday.

The footage - posted on the Facebook page of Janda Kha, the daughter \of the driver of the car following - shows a motorcycle suddenly veering from left to right Thairath reproted.

A white car appears to brake to avoid the bike before swerving to the left then spinning in a dust cloud into the central reservation. The bike races off.

The driver of the following car that recorded the footage, Surathin Khadeewee, 61, said he tried to chase down the motorcyclist to record his plate number but he got away.

He later told his daughter who posted the clip online. The poster said: "What can you do about motorcyclists who ride like this? It was no fault of the car driver. Hope they're OK."

The Thai Rath report gave no information about police involvement or the fate of the occupant or occupants of the damaged car.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-03

i see this happen all the time and I've nearly been wiped out a few times. It is a seriously dangerous and stupid habit.

I think it is a hangover from when police would book bikes if they weren't keeping left, even when wanting to turn right. Now it seems to be ingrained into the brains (or what little there is) of a lot of bike riders, that don't bother to look behind them.

Edited by taichiplanet

1 minute ago, revgreen said:

At least someone stopped to help. Oh wait... The car with the camera, and every other car that just drove past, should be held just as culpable.

Err- the article states that the driver was trying to catch the motorbike in order to catch his plate number. The driver was past the crashed vehicle within 10 seconds and still traveling at speed . What was behind him and would have gone up his backside had he slammed on the anchors? Thaigeezer Armchair judgement again.

1 minute ago, Psimbo said:

What was behind him and would have gone up his backside had he slammed on the anchors?

What if I told you it's possible to come to a stop on a highway without just suddenly slamming your breaks. Something like using a turn signal, checking your mirrors, and gradually slowing down...

The fact that many drivers in Thailand get their licenses out of the breakfast serial box it's not a secrete,

the video clearly shows a gross overseer to the left to avoid

hitting the bike and than failing to recover back to strait driving, so yes, the bike rider is at fault here

but the young lady driver, should have recovered form the encounter without much drama.....

Edited by ezzra

I'm beginning to detest the sheer idiocy of some motorcycle riders in Thailand and find myself wishing them some serious harm. The lack of common sense and the "I can do what I want" attitude is mind numbing, and they seem to ride away after causing these kind of accidents, either totally oblivious or totally unconcerned. A pox on all of them!

Edited by giddyup

EDITED by @KhunBENQ : removed coment on a (removed) post that was for another topic.

This goofball looks like they were going to do a U-turn, or probably just had a complete brain-fart. The amount of times I see bikes and cars pulling out here or there without paying any attention is quite mind-boggling.

All I can see is a retarded motorsai and a white car driving autopilot, this looks like some serious "not really paying attention to the road" reaction time.

Also, great chase there Mr. dashcam car, one recommendation though, you close the distance by pressing hard(er) on the pedal on the right.

This motorcycle driver should be brought to justice.

I witness here totally idiotic driving every day, both by motorcycle drivers and car drivers, not to forget vans, trucks, tour buses and even government buses !!

It is always so sad to watch the vehicle which was not at fault getting into a serious accident and the idiot driving away unscathed and without giving a sh!t.

But the white car's driver was a little careless too, in a classic Thai way. Most drivers in Thailand hit the brakes very late when a potentially dangerous situation comes up. Instead, most try to manoeuver to avoid any obstacles or vehicles without slowing down themselves in some sort of smartassish way, like "look how I'm cool, I didn't even have to slow down"...

many drivers here are just :facepalm: and deserve nothing else than a good spanking and their driving license taken away. forever.

Just now, Ceruhe said:

All I can see is a retarded motorsai and a white car driving autopilot, this looks like some serious "not really paying attention to the road" reaction time.

Also, great chase there Mr. dashcam car, one recommendation though, you close the distance by pressing hard(er) on the pedal on the right.

Probably concerned about a confrontation that may result in his death. Thais hate to be told they are wrong, even when it's blatantly obvious they are.

2 hours ago, revgreen said:

At least someone stopped to help. Oh wait... The car with the camera, and every other car that just drove past, should be held just as culpable.

How do you know that any other car drove past?  Even if others did not stop, why should they be blamed for the accident?

The camera car was trying to chase after the motorcyclist, it's all explained in the OP.

Edited by gdgbb

2 hours ago, revgreen said:

What if I told you it's possible to come to a stop on a highway without just suddenly slamming your breaks. Something like using a turn signal, checking your mirrors, and gradually slowing down...

What if someone told you that that would be a waste of your breath as the OP already explained why that car didn't stop!

Edited by gdgbb

39 minutes ago, vadid said:

And of course, as is the Thai way, neither the motorcyclist nor the driver of the dashcam car, stopped to make sure the driver of the car was OK.

And, of course, as is the Thaivisa posters' way, you ignore the possibility that perhaps the driver of the dashcam car started to follow the bike because he could see in his mirrors that other people were stopping to assist?

Edited by gdgbb

interesting video of two people who don't know how to drive.

at least the driver of the car made some effort to avoid hitting the motorbike.

classic over steering and over reacting to a simple lane change into a open lane.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I'm beginning to detest the sheer idiocy of some motorcycle riders in Thailand and find myself wishing them some serious harm. The lack of common sense and the "I can do what I want" attitude is mind numbing, and they seem to ride away after causing these kind of accidents, either totally oblivious or totally unconcerned. A pox on all of them!

In general motorbikes doing stupid things with cars ends badly for the motorbike driver, just look at the statistics of people dying.. mainly motorcycle drivers. Car drivers doing stupid things with motorcycle drivers also ends badly for the motorcycle driver. 

This is a rare exception and the guy should brought to justice and held accountable. 

3 hours ago, Psimbo said:

As soon as any bike pulls into the left in front of me I prepare for them to turn right. Complete lack of road sense- where else in the world would someone go left to go right?

Victoria Australia actually but done with considerably more style and caution:smile:

7 minutes ago, midas said:

Victoria Australia actually but done with considerably more style and caution:smile:

Never seen that before, is that an Australian thing only? How does it work in practise and suff? Watching the video it would appear that only 2 cars at a time can Hook Turn (or 1? are those rail road thingies in the center?) at any given time as to not block the other lane(s), what's with the good old "where's mah light to turn turn?!"

Guess I'll put that on my list to google and watch in real time, I'd doubt Australia is anywhere near as inefficient with traffic lights as thailand, thus I'm actually expecting something interesting to learn from lol

8 minutes ago, Ceruhe said:

Never seen that before, is that an Australian thing only? How does it work in practise and suff? Watching the video it would appear that only 2 cars at a time can Hook Turn (or 1? are those rail road thingies in the center?) at any given time as to not block the other lane(s), what's with the good old "where's mah light to turn turn?!"

Guess I'll put that on my list to google and watch in real time, I'd doubt Australia is anywhere near as inefficient with traffic lights as thailand, thus I'm actually expecting something interesting to learn from lol

its only in inner city Melbourne and only where trams travel in the center lane, so the trams dont get stopped waiting for cars to turn right.

59 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

interesting video of two people who don't know how to drive.

at least the driver of the car made some effort to avoid hitting the motorbike.

classic over steering and over reacting to a simple lane change into a open lane.

And thats where he went wrong, he shouldn't have tried to avoid him at all, just brake and rear end the motorbike

4 hours ago, farang1979 said:

IN Thailand, ANYONE of age can get on and ride a motorcyle and adults can drive cars with very little experience or training. So what do you expect? 

Even with very little experience or training there is still a matter of common sense. Oh wait! This is Thailand.